EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #13: TIME TRAVELLING TOASTER: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT III

Prev13456
AOFIGO009
1306 posts Member
edited June 2017
Here we are again guys! Yet another event!! Can you believe it's the 13th Event Thread I've done?! I'm going to try and get most things done early this event because my Great-Grandmother is seriously ill in hospital right now, and isn't likely to get better. Hopefully I'll be logging in more often than usual this time though. :)

As usual, if you are new to these threads, welcome!! For those of you returning to these threads, welcome back, let's do a good job again! :) Here everybody is allowed to post any tips, tricks and hints they have for the current event that will help other players. The best ones will get copied onto one of the first three posts of this forum, with the name of the player providing the tip also being cited. As usual, I'll try and get the Event Calendar posted as soon as possible, both in image form and text form. If anybody wants to provide Maths on how to maximise how much Event Currency you get, those are always very useful and very popular.

Important Notes
Please be aware, that for most events, after the update, the Donut Confirmation option in the game settings change, meaning you may spend donuts when you don't want to, because the option has changed and you pressed the wrong button-not something you should be penalised for. Muhsterino has provided a thread showing you how to check this. It's the first part hidden by "Spoiler": https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/tips-for-new-players/p1?new=1
This is also a brilliant thread anyway that Muhsterino has alerted me to for this message, that I think can be equally useful for long-term players as well as the new players it's "marketed" to.

Act I Walkthrough Thread
https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/101524/time-traveling-toaster-act-1-walkthrough/p1
Event Dates & Store Dates
https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/101694/time-traveling-toaster-donut-day-2017-and-4th-of-july-2017-dates/p1
Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
Post edited by AOFIGO009 on

Replies

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Event Currency and Collectibles-What They're Used For
    yBDgaNll.jpg

Shovel Collecting Jobs
    7EV4TgIl.jpg
    Iyk6gjYl.jpg
    49h0mlnl.jpg
    Pharoah Skinner-4 Shovels and 280 Event Currency
    Blackbeard-4 Shovels and 280 Event Currency

Excavation Site-How to Get Gems
    At the following Thread a discussion can be read on how to Excavate Gems in the shortest time possible:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/101439/excavation-site-gems#latest

Conclusion
    The fewest number of shovels is currently 10 maximum.
    (Courtesy of @davejandals)

9hrUzK8.png
    Dig the squares in the order given. Stop if:
    • You uncover a gem. Lucky you! No need to go any further.
    • You uncover rocks. You're close. One square away. Dig the squares adjacent to (above or across, not diagonal) the rocks until you uncover a gem.

Following the strategy means you waste as few moves (and shovels) as possible to uncover a gem even if you have to get to step 10.
    (Courtesy of @AirurandoP)

Crafting
    UdvoWYJl.jpg
    AQoE9s2l.jpg
    1Q4qkPLl.jpg
    (Courtesy of Muhsterino)
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Event Calendar
    tttc.png
    Text Calendar to Come

Act III Maths

Freemium Maths for Time Travelling Toaster Event, Act 3 (Pirates)
    Total currency needed to complete act: 88,220
    Currency received from questline: 5 x 600 + 2000 = 5,000
    Currency received from neighbour visits (assuming one day lost due to time creep): 1100 x 11 = 12,100
    Currency needed from 4-hour cycles: 88,220 - 5,000 - 12,100 = 71,120
    Currency available in 4-hour cycles:
    Rats: 80 x 5 = 400
    Shovel generation (freemium): 105 x 5 = 520
    Shovel use (assuming complete use of shovels generated) depending on panini press boost:
    base: 2 x 5 x 31 = 310
    10%: 2 x 5 x 31 x 1.10 = 340
    20%: 2 x 5 x 31 x 1.20 = 370
    30%: 2 x 5 x 31 x 1.30 = 400
    40%: 2 x 5 x 31 x 1.40 = 430
    50%: 2 x 5 x 31 x 1.50 = 460
    Number of cycles per day needed to complete the prize track (completely freemium) depending on panini press boost:
    base: 71,120 / 12 / (400 + 520 + 310) = 4.8
    10%: 71,120 / 12 / (400 + 520 + 340) = 4.7
    20%: 71,120 / 12 / (400 + 520 + 470) = 4.6
    30%: 71,120 / 12 / (400 + 520 + 400) = 4.5
    40%: 71,120 / 12 / (400 + 520 + 430) = 4.4
    50%: 71,120 / 12 / (400 + 520 + 460) = 4.3
    This is a tough event for a freemium player, it requires a commitment of almost 5 visits per day. Daily challenges might make the difference between success and failure here as they will provide a significant boost - a 1100 event currency challenge almost equals the currency harvest from a cycle, and a 2000 currency challenge provides much more than can be harvested in a single cycle.
    Courtesy of @00becker
    (Thanks Becker, brilliant as usual!)
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Noted that once I'd won enough gems to win the 'Prehistoric Foliage Pack' that additional 'Prehistoric Foliage' can be crafted for 700 specimens... However they are placed near the end of the crafting price track after the 'Mermaid Petting Zoo' along with 'Dragonfly Rock' which is a gem prize and other items I can only assume will be unlocked with gems in Acts 2 & 3.
    (Courtesty of @Dougie_Powers_17)

Some of the Craftable Items are unlocked via the Excavation Site.

Spawn Rate
    The Spawn Rate for the Wandering NPCs is 1 every 3 minutes, with a maximum of 30 in your Springfield, and 50 in your bank. This means that you're maxed after 4 hours.

As in past events, the way to find dinosaurs that you may not be able to locate is to go into the crafting menu and select the option to level up. Then when prompted select "Do it" to be brought directly to a dinosaur. Just remember to not to do this if you have enough crafting material to actually level up and make sure to select "Do it" and not accidentally press the option to spend your hard earned donuts. ;)
    (Courtesy of KILLAchievement)

Bonuts LIVE!! Once you get all of the prizes on the Prize Track, every 8,250 Event Currency will produce Bonuts!!

STORE:
    3 shovel for 3 donut = 1 shovel per 1 donut
    25 shovel for 20 donut = 1.25 shovel per 1 donut
    50 shovel for 35 donut = 1.43 shovel per 1 donut
    Booberella:
    4 shovel for 2 donut = 2 shovel per 1 donut
    (Courtesy of @meinaz and @frosted1414)
  • Muhsterino
    4334 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Thanks for running the strategy thread again :smiley:
    yBDgaNll.jpg
    Character jobs:
    7EV4TgIl.jpg
    Iyk6gjYl.jpg
    49h0mlnl.jpg

Post edited by Muhsterino on
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    ^^^Shall I copy these into my first posts? Then you have these posts saved. It's all stuff I'd normally put there anyway, or is that stepping on your toes? Even though it's my Strategy Thread? Am I rambling now? I'm tired and emotional!
  • Muhsterino
    4334 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    It is probably better to have all the main info in the first 3 posts like you usually do :smiley:
    Premium purchases to help with the event:
    gzDhTj2l.jpg
    From left to right:
    Springfield Historical Society: Awards 1445 tachyons on placement, 4H - 270 specimens
    Waterslide tree: Awards 965 tachyons on placement, every 4H - 405 fossils
    Curvaceous Cave: Cavegirl Booberella, job at Mom and Pop Hardware. Awards 965 tachyons on placement
    Cemetery Plot: Gravedigger Billy, job at Mom and Pop Hardware
    EVENT CALENDAR: https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/101607/time-traveling-toaster-event-calendar#latest
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    Cool, thank you! I'll add all that's been posted tonight, when I can do a big load all at once. :smile:
  • Are Springfield Historical Society and Curvaceous Cave permanent additions to the store? They're not listed as "limited time"...
  • Muhsterino
    4334 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    EXCAVATING SITE GEMS discussion can be read in this thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/101439/excavation-site-gems#latest
    This is a discussion about uncovering gems using the fewest number of shovels - currently 10 maximum. Edited posts to keep it short:
    jtgroth wrote: »
    I've noticed that the gem always seems to be next to the rocks.
    Example:
    - - - - Rock
    Rock Gem Rock
    - - - - Rock
    Hi, I've got this down to 10 moves max. Hope this helps someone :)

First 3 moves cover 5 squares each:

_ x _ _ _ _

x 1 x _ x _

_ x x x 3 x

_ x 2 x x _

_ _ x _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _

Next 4 moves cover 4 squares each:

_ x x 4 x _

x 1 x x x _

_ x x x 3 x

x x 2 x x x

5 x x x x 7

x _ x 6 x x

If you haven't found the gem in these 31 squares / 7 moves, you can finish the board in 3 more moves:

x x x 4 x x

8 1 x x x 9

x x x x 3 x

x x 2 x x x

5 x x x x 7

x 0 x 6 x x

I'd be keen to know if anyone's found a solution to cover the board in less than 10 moves
    If you prefer, here is a solution in graphic form:
    AirurandoP wrote: »
    9hrUzK8.png
    Dig the squares in the order given. Stop if:
    • You uncover a gem. Lucky you! No need to go any further.
    • You uncover rocks. You're close. One square away. Dig the squares adjacent to (above or across, not diagonal) the rocks until you uncover a gem.

Following the strategy means you waste as few moves (and shovels) as possible to uncover a gem even if you have to get to step 10

• Been adding up the resources we get from the archaeological dig. It's 46 fossils per shovel everytime but the tachyons and specimens seem to be totally random. There's also a slightly confusing pop-up when you finish showing the total loot to collect, but this includes fossils already discovered while digging as well as the bonuses for hitting the gem.

PfWs8gN.jpg

• Muhsterino
    4334 posts Member
    Also (as in past events) the way to find dinosaurs that you may not be able to locate is to go into the crafting menu and select the option to level up. Then when prompted select "Do it" to be brought directly to a dinosaur. Just remember to not to do this if you have enough crafting material to actually level up and make sure to select "Do it" and not accidentally press the option to spend your hard earned donuts. ;)
  • Gonna drop this here as @Muhsterino will know where the information is better placed...

Noted that once I'd won enough gems to win the 'Prehistoric Foliage Pack' that additional 'Prehistoric Foliage' can be crafted for 700 specimens... However they are placed near the end of the crafting price track after the 'Mermaid Petting Zoo' along with 'Dragonfly Rock' which is a gem prize and other items I can only assume will be unlocked with gems in Acts 2 & 3
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • Gonna drop this here as @Muhsterino will know where the information is better placed...

Noted that once I'd won enough gems to win the 'Prehistoric Foliage Pack' that additional 'Prehistoric Foliage' can be crafted for 700 specimens... However they are placed near the end of the crafting price track after the 'Mermaid Petting Zoo' along with 'Dragonfly Rock' which is a gem prize and other items I can only assume will be unlocked with gems in Acts 2 & 3
    Thanks for this. I didn't notice.
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • rw228
    1044 posts Member
    Seems like a dinosaur generates every 2-3 minutes.
    Does anyone know the max dinosaurs we can have in our town and how long it takes to get to that point?
  • Muhsterino
    4334 posts Member
    Spawn rate from TSTOaddicts:
    Spawn 1 every 3 minutes. Max in your town at once 30 with a bank of 50, so your town and bank is full every 4hrs.
    @Dougie_Powers_17 Good spot! It appears from reading TSTOaddicts that there are a few items that can be crafted once they have been unlocked at the excavation site.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Gonna drop this here as @Muhsterino will know where the information is better placed...

I didn't notice this either. Thanks for sharing.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    If you are buying shovels and have Booberella's skin, you should just speed up her task. It gives you 4 shovels for every 2 donuts which is a better deal than the actual deals in the store. 2 shovels for every 1 donut instead of 1.4 shovels per donut in the best deal.
  • First, I always visit your thread when having problem/ question with any event, good work. Keep it going.

My problem is I am not getting any event currency from "friends actions". Having visited a few friends towns throughout the event so far, no event currency is being rewarded. Is anyone else having this problem, and is there any solution? Please help.
  • someonewashere
    1708 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    First, I always visit your thread when having problem/ question with any event, good work. Keep it going.

My problem is I am not getting any event currency from "friends actions". Having visited a few friends towns throughout the event so far, no event currency is being rewarded. Is anyone else having this problem, and is there any solution? Please help.

For starters has the quest prompting you to visit a friends town been activated or completed?
    You need that quest to start/complete before friends town can payout currency.

2nd After a set amount of visits friends town no longer payout, around the 30th visit? or 89-90th tap (as you get 3 taps per town) can anyone confirm?

lastly I prefer the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Brothers from The Wacky Racers
    [img]https://metvnetwork.s3.amazonaws.com/iIzD9-1461082384-3428-list_items-wacky_❤️❤️❤️❤️.gif[/img]
  • meinaz wrote: »
    Gonna drop this here as @Muhsterino will know where the information is better placed...

I didn't notice this either. Thanks for sharing.
    To add to @Dougie_Powers_17 , many of the craftables items are actually unlocked at the excavation site first. Just noticed while reading through for how much currancy they would cost (pretty high btw) Like the grog barrel, it says must be "unlocked at excavation dig site."
    So does this mean there's 2 ways to unlock (museum level and excavation dig? :) I do know when you unlock it at the dig site it opens regardless of level.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.