EA Forums - Banner

My Skinner isn't triggering the Wiggum house.

I don't think so, did you try closing out the app a couple times? :(

Replies

• NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited February 2013
    Easiest way is to make sure everyone is free and then see what happens :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Ankarstroom
    228 posts
    edited February 2013
    Do you fulfill the requirements, ie lvl 26 and completion of the Burns manor?
  • Doh_Inc
    242 posts
    edited February 2013
    Are you done with the Burns manor questline?
  • thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited February 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    Dumb questions, but are you level 26?

Try storing the school and then putting it back from your inventory. That will reset Skinner and hopefully get things rolling again for you.

It's not a dumb question if it's the most common culprit of people not getting the progress they think they should. :)
  • Veggiefox
    95 posts
    edited February 2013
    I am level 26 with the manor and I restarted my phone twice. I'll try storing the school. Thanks :)
  • Veggiefox
    95 posts
    edited February 2013
    Storing the school didn't work either... :(
  • Doh_Inc
    242 posts
    edited February 2013
    That's odd. Can you list everything you have tried?
  • thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited February 2013
    Veggiefox wrote:
    I am level 26 with the manor and I restarted my phone twice. I'll try storing the school. Thanks :)

Have you completed all the Smithers tasks after Burns manor was built? I think the last of them with Smithers and Burns riding a bicycle for 60 minutes (but don't quote me on that). Those tasks must also be completed before the Wiggum house will trigger.
  • ctex05748
    150 posts
    edited February 2013
    Since you're Level 26, I assume that means you definitely got the Valentine's Day in-app update.

I don't know if Chief Wiggum has to be free as well as Skinner to start the Wiggum House build, but that's a possibility.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Very odd, I agree with Judd, maybe the Smithers exercise for Mr Burns is not complete. Otherwise I would reinstall the app, maybe just a missing piece
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    ctex05748 wrote:
    Since you're Level 26, I assume that means you definitely got the Valentine's Day in-app update.

I don't know if Chief Wiggum has to be free as well as Skinner to start the Wiggum House build, but that's a possibility.

I can verify that Chief Wiggum does *not* need to be free.
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited February 2013
    All you need is skinner. I agree that perhaps you have not finished with Smithers. Please post if this is the issue
  • arentwords
    114 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I have the same issue with the Wiggum house not triggering, then I realized that I still have a Burns quest lingering. The 60 minute Smithers exercising with Burns on the bicycle. I forgot about it for days, so they are on that one now. Will see if that was the last piece to the puzzle or if there is more holding me up.
  • arentwords
    114 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    arentwords wrote:
    Blah, blah, blah

Well that confirms it, my slow tapping cost me crucial minutes of build time into the new update.

To anyone having trouble getting the Wiggum House task to initiate,
    make sure you have completed all of the quests following the building of Burns Manor. Once Smithers pedals Burns around town, all will be right with the world.
  • keslover17
    60 posts
    edited February 2013
    Mine didn't show up for quite awhile, but just randomly appeared a couple minutes ago (I literally saw the bubble appear over Skinner as I was collecting cash from buildings nearby)
  • vvinzent
    173 posts
    edited February 2013
    try to give skinner a task (60 minutes is okay) is shop at kwik-e mart so it will be indoor after finishing usually it will trigger something, that's what i do if got stuck
  • acebrooker
    69 posts
    edited February 2013
    Yeah id put Skinner on an hour quest like vvinzent said that might help get it along. Do you have many people doing quests at the moment?
  • BlueElwood
    148 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Mmmmmm I always thought that once you hit a certain amount of XP that's when the storyline began. I have to save to buy it :(
  • Doh_Inc
    242 posts
    edited February 2013
    Yes and no. You have to be on a certain level for most quests to begin, however, you have to be done with all prior questlines before a new one can begin, such as finishing the Burns/Smithers questline before the Ralph Wiggum/El Chemistri one will begin.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.