EA Forums - Banner

How to run TSTO on your PC

Prev134
... I thought the Android version didn't support logging in to Origin yet?

Replies

• OuterHaven84
    104 posts
    edited February 2013
    You might be right, I don't own an Android device so wouldn't know so I might of just been ahead of myself when saying to go back the tutorial and sign in.

So one to keep for the future I assume then when we can login to Origin on Android.

I should of held off on this until you could use origin on the Android version, shouldn't I?

Well at least people can try it out and run TSTO on their PC to get used to it and to see it working so when TSTO offers origin sign in, those that want to can manage their Springfield from their PC / Laptop and from their iDevice and Android device.

Sorry for getting some peoples hopes up early, haha :lol:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • OuterHaven84
    104 posts
    edited February 2013
    Here is an image of it running, resized. The program can run as windows or full screen.

15_02_2013_02_19_40.jpg
  • Doh_Inc
    242 posts
    edited February 2013
    So far not so good on my Mac. Can't even get BlueStack to download TSTO. Oh well.
  • OuterHaven84
    104 posts
    edited February 2013
    Have you search for The Simpsons Tapped Out in the Google Play Store within the app, when I searched there were a few different installers for it, but I am using a PC.

Just try again, I will try on a Mac in a few days when I get hold of one. I'm just trying this out myself now so hopefully when TSTO on Android does support Origin so we can log into our Springfields we can revisit this thread.

It's quite responsive using Windows 8 and you can still zoom in and out, when TSTO on Android does support Origin it's going to be easy for me to manage my springfield when I'm at my computer and it would be great for those with only the iPod or iPhone to be able to re-arrange their springfields much easier.

I do think EA are deveoloping a Windows 8 app so those with Windows 8 may be lucky if they are but for the others that don't have Windows 8 this is the best option for now to use TSTO on PC.
  • Doh_Inc
    242 posts
    edited February 2013
    Yea. I found it on the Google store. It's downloading now. For about ten minutes it just said downloading and was doing nothing. It's at 31% now and starting to speed up. Weird.
  • OuterHaven84
    104 posts
    edited February 2013
    I think that's the Google Store itself, the only Android devices I've ever used are my parents and has to be said I wasn't impressed with the Google Play Store, quite slow and buggy I felt.

Just a shame that there isn't an iOS emulator haha
  • Doh_Inc
    242 posts
    edited February 2013
    Haha. I know. Love all of my iOS devices.

Edit; And we're in! Sweet! Thanks. :D
  • OuterHaven84
    104 posts
    edited February 2013
    I think those that want to try it now to see if working can do, then when we can sign into origin on Android etc. I think this will come in pretty useful for all sorts of things, screenshots, I'm liking the fact I've got a fullscreen springfield which I can control with ease.

And quite surprise this thread is so quiet haha
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited February 2013
    Doh_Inc wrote:

On recent model Macs (or pcs)you can run a bootable flash drive and launch android.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/22665/run-android-on-your-netbook-or-desktop/

Or if you just want to see it on the bigger scree, AirServer is available for both PCM and Mac.
  • OuterHaven84
    104 posts
    edited February 2013
    Doh_Inc wrote:

On recent model Macs (or pcs)you can run a bootable flash drive and launch android.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/22665/run-android-on-your-netbook-or-desktop/

Or if you just want to see it on the bigger scree, AirServer is available for both PCM and Mac.

With Bluestacks you run Android actually from Windows / Mac so no need to boot into anything else really. It's just an android emulator and it working pretty well, so it can run in the background and I can go to my load it up whenever needed.
  • Doh_Inc
    242 posts
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to check out AirServer. It looks pretty cool.
  • alexsanjuan1
    49 posts
    edited February 2013
    That's pretty cool, but without origin support I'd skip it. It'd be useful for recreational purposes though.
  • OuterHaven84
    104 posts
    edited February 2013
    That's pretty cool, but without origin support I'd skip it. It'd be useful for recreational purposes though.

Pretty sure Origin support will come soon. I've posted this without knowing the Android Origin limitation at the moment, so it's here for reference and we can bump this thread when the time comes.
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited February 2013

Pretty sure Origin support will come soon. I've posted this without knowing the Android Origin limitation at the moment, so it's here for reference and we can bump this thread when the time comes.

Since part of the objective is met by having friends, I would expect it in a few weeks.
  • alexsanjuan1
    49 posts
    edited February 2013
    Pardon my ignorance, but you can play this offline then right?
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited February 2013
    Pardon my ignorance, but you can play this offline then right?

The android version, if you don't mind starting a new town.
  • OuterHaven84
    104 posts
    edited February 2013
    You can play the iOS version offline without having to sign-up but of course you won't ever be able to complete the 'friends' tasks without spending and buying donuts.

Android version at the moment, doesn't support Origin but as said pretty sure it will soon come along since part of the game is that it's a social game and part of the story is visiting friends, especially during holidays.

The Android version doesn't seem to have the Valentine's bits either currently, so not sure what's happening there I could stand corrected but the version I got from the eumlated Google Play store is just the 'normal game' without the Valentine's event.
  • acebrooker
    69 posts
    edited February 2013
    That's awesome hahahahaha!
  • Doh_Inc
    242 posts
    edited February 2013
    Looked into server; For iPhone 4S+ and new iOS devices it would be cool, but since my iPhone 4 can't mirror it's useless to me. Oh well. It was worth the look. :)
  • Jameh20
    200 posts
    edited February 2013
    Wish this was more of a reality, or they added it to Facebook. It's so annoying playing on an iPhone
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.