EA Forums - Banner

Homer's Offensive Comments???? (Solved-I'm DEAF!!!)

Prev13
Call moes i'm on my way. How is combing his hair bad?

Replies

• jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I pretty much muted the game immediately after getting it. Recently, I turned the sound back on, and noticed something odd: when Homer finishes a task, does he sometimes say "Homos, I'm on my way"? I have to believe I'm not hearing that correctly, because that CAN'T be in the game. If I'm hearing it correctly, EA has a ****-storm coming their way. (Does he say "Well, Moe's I'm on my way"??? That makes very little sense, but it's a possibility.

And if EA claims this is a "family game" why is one of Snake's tasks called "Comb *' Hair"...that doesn't sound very PG to me

(turds, broke my "quote" vow already)

"Call moes I'm on my way"

Beaten to it.....oh well.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited February 2013
    I leave the sound on all the time and I haven't heard that either
  • segraevans
    42 posts
    edited February 2013
    Tee hee hee , turn up the volume . I like what you think he says but it's Moes not ****
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    What about all of Smither's sayings?
  • 2Shay539
    52 posts
    edited February 2013
    Oh.. I guess you won't like my ideas for the Steel-mill/Anvil then..

As for combing his b***chin hair and not being PG.. Have you seen the show? They use some.. Colourful.. Words. ;)

• Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    cjcccooper wrote:

That makes sense! I could not understand "call". As for Snake, it's a little weird that EA would put a "profanity" in the game, when the same word is censored on this board. Plus, it sucks that Snake's best task is only 45 seconds....just BlTCHIN'! (used a small "L" instead of an I, sucks to you jerk-* EA)
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited February 2013
    2Shay539 wrote:

As for combing his b***chin hair and not being PG.. Have you seen the show? They use some.. Colourful.. Words. ;)

Its not just the language these days. I saw a episode from this year where Homer mainlined doughnuts like it was heroin.
  • 2Shay539
    52 posts
    edited February 2013
    cjcccooper wrote:

That makes sense! I could not understand "call". As for Snake, it's a little weird that EA would put a "profanity" in the game, when the same word is censored on this board. Plus, it sucks that Snake's best task is only 45 seconds....just BlTCHIN'! (used a small "L" instead of an I, sucks to you jerk-* EA)

Lol! A forum I used to post on really took the cake when it came to forbidden words but like you with the small L, we got pretty good at getting around it... Words like carbon, pennies, mama or any sentence that combined letters to make a curse (you couldn't type "I wish it would go away" because of the two last letters in "wish" followed by IT.- you would have to type "I wish ** it would go"..
    It was pretty bad.
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    2Shay539 wrote:

Personally, I don't have a problem with the hair combing. I find it funny that EA acts like this is a PG game/forum, when the Simpsons ISN'T a kids show (after the first cheesy season or two.)

I'd love the Steel-Mill and the Anvil....look at my SIG, I'm not anti-gay...I'm just saying you shouldn't put "****" in the game, which they didn't...
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    And if EA claims this is a "family game" why is one of Snake's tasks called "Comb *' Hair"...that doesn't sound very PG to me
    Ha! The movie "Top Gun" is PG, and here is a parental review of the language:
    At least 61 "f" words (9 used sexually, as are terms such as "bang," "hook up" and "laid"), 22 "s" words, 18 slang terms using male genitals ("d**" and "packages"), 6 hells, 5 * (2 used with "hole"), 2 S.O.****, 1 damn, 10 uses of "Oh my God," 5 each of "*" and "Oh God," 4 uses of "G-damn," 3 each of "God" and "Jesus" and 1 use each of "Oh *" and "Oh Jesus."
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited February 2013

yeah some of his are very close to the mark lol
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • 2Shay539
    52 posts
    edited February 2013
    Well, I guess PG means exactly that- it's up to Parents to decide what kids watch.
    My kids love the Simpsons but there have been moments where Ive had to distract them from it. They're young enough that a lot of the subtle jokes go over their heads still. They're forbidden to watch Family Guy or South Park.

And I'm sorry if you thought I was implying that you're anti-gay! That's not what I meant at all. I was just referring to "offensive" themes in general and my silly ideas for the steel-mill/Anvil could fall in that category. :)
  • 2Shay539
    52 posts
    edited February 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

yeah some of his are very close to the mark lol

There is one thing he shouts that I haven't been able to catch.. Something about "all things gay"?? Anyone know what he says?
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited February 2013
    I always thought it was homos. Lol
  • lucerionx3
    24 posts
    edited February 2013
    Lol doesn't homer say "That's going to buy a lot of drugs" When you buy the 500k pack of cash.
  • HammyBaconTime
    264 posts
    edited February 2013
    I am really amazed at how easily people are offended and just how much they like to keep their children in a little bubble. I guess some people are just really close minded. Evertime I hear about these complaints I picture them with their fingers in their ears going LALALALALALALALA.
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited February 2013
    I pretty much muted the game immediately after getting it. Recently, I turned the sound back on, and noticed something odd: when Homer finishes a task, does he sometimes say "Homos, I'm on my way"? I have to believe I'm not hearing that correctly, because that CAN'T be in the game. If I'm hearing it correctly, EA has a ****-storm coming their way. (Does he say "Well, Moe's I'm on my way"??? That makes very little sense, but it's a possibility.

Sure, you mishear Homers comment

But say nothing about about Smithers having a gun in his pants?
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited February 2013

Sure, you mishear Homers comment

But say nothing about about Smithers having a gun in his pants?

Honestly, I have no clue about Smithers lines; I noticed the Homer saying on test accounts, where I don't have Smithers. I don't have a problem with sexual connotative comments; I would have a problem with the word "****" as it's usually used in a negative way.
    It's like calling something "gay", which I've been reprimanding kids at my job for for over 10 years.

That's funny about the homer quote when you buy cash..haven't heard it but I'm sure I would have laughed if I heard it.

Josh-I'm glad I'm not the only one who heard it hat way..i still can't hear him say "call" before "moes"...guess I'm not meant to..lol

2shay-I didn't think you were accusing me of being anti gay, I just wanted to clarify that my problem isn't with "gay words or things", my problem is with potentially hate filled words being included in the game. (I love your screen name!)
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited February 2013

And yet, you can say"turds" here. Tsk tsk
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Compared to Smithers's I'm experiencing a whole range of gay feelings and that is a gun in my pants I'd say homers are fine. Doesn't he also say Mr burns has an enchanting musk or something like that
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!