EA Forums - Banner

Nothing to see here

Replies

• Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited February 2013
    It's about time. A good deal of the regulars here are pompous bullies who like to shout down anyone not in their little butt buddy club. They're wrong about most of the things they get so offended about too. Good riddance I say...
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    On my way.... :mrgreen:
    Is there anyone out there?
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited February 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    It's about time. A good deal of the regulars here are pompous bullies who like to shout down anyone not in their little butt buddy club. They're wrong about most of the things they get so offended about too. Good riddance I say...

You're lumping together a whole bunch of people. I tried to be as helpful as possible and will continue to stick around and help people with problems ... just not as much as I once did.
  • cuttyshark69
    215 posts
    edited February 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:

I didn't really see that part of the regulars, and I lurk here quite often. There were a couple that were complete trolls, but you get that everywhere on the net, can't escape that. But to be honest most of the regulars have been extremely helpful towards me, and a lot of others I have noticed. Granted some got a tad grumpy with the endless add me threads, but I put that down as EA's fault by not properly moderating the board. And when they have come in it was heavy handed, banning people who have gone so far out of their way in helping new members by creating guides etc which is basically helping line the pockets of EA.
  • haemon007
    81 posts
    edited February 2013
    I think they got upset when they put up a poll on them being Mod's and it went ignored by EA.
    As for someone being banned, I am guessing they posted something that got them banned. I bet it was well deserved.
    It does not matter how helpful you are, if you do something that deserves a ban, you get a ban. Mind you I have no idea who got banned, why they got banned, or what they did. But to be honest I do not care. I am guessing 95% of those who post here do not care.

For this small selected people to think they are above others makes me laugh. Because they post more than the other 95% that view these forums they should get special treatment?

Yes there are regulars who are helpful to others. They are great. They are not complaining, b!tching, or moaning about EA or the game.

If you don't like the EA rules you can always quit. Speak with your wallet. I for one have not spent a dime here, but I enjoy the game. If I took a game as seriously as some people here I would need to quit, as the fun would be diminished.
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited February 2013
    haemon007 wrote:
    I think they got upset when they put up a poll on them being Mod's and it went ignored by EA.

I have to say no to this point. I was one of the ones who said I would do it if EA ever added community moderators. This aspect hasn't even been discussed in awhile.

Other than that, there's a lot of distorted statements out there but I'm not trying to stir up trouble. Just wanted to state my role in your first sentence since it's inaccurate from my standpoint.
  • haemon007
    81 posts
    edited February 2013
    itsmedanshep I understand your point. But if you read up on those who were adamant about becoming a MOD then decided to start their own forums, you will understand my statement.

I applaud them for starting their own forum. Will many join them? I highly doubt it. To me doing that is childish, and another reason why they should not be a MOD here.

People can easily find out who the MOD's here are. I found out in just 30 seconds.
  • cuttyshark69
    215 posts
    edited February 2013
    To be honest, I believe that is exact ally what this forum need, 1-2 mods who are regulars here who read the majority of post and understand the character of the people here. If they were guided properly by EA I believe they could get the forum back on track, at the moment it's just the Wild West.
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited February 2013
    Yes there are a lot of helpful people here and they will probably still be. What I'm talking about are the ones who feel that they help sometimes so they should be able to be giant d bags when they feel like it. I haven't seen any truely helpful post moderated at all, let alone a "helpful" poster being moderated multiple times. Just because you have nothing better to do than lurk a forum all day doesn't give you the right to treat it like your own chat room.

Seriously, if you are the type of person who would get so indignant and butt hurt over being reprimanded on a loosely moderated phone app message board that you feel the need to set sail for lands free of such intolerable persecution and create your own space to freely * about a game you willingly spend way too much time on, I can honestly say you won't be missed.
  • cuttyshark69
    215 posts
    edited February 2013
    haemon007 wrote:
    itsmedanshep I understand your point. But if you read up on those who were adamant about becoming a MOD then decided to start their own forums, you will understand my statement.

I applaud them for starting their own forum. Will many join them? I highly doubt it. To me doing that is childish, and another reason why they should not be a MOD here.

People can easily find out who the MOD's here are. I found out in just 30 seconds.

Yes, I counted them up the other day, it's about 250 in total. But that is across all of EAs boards, not just this one.
    I forget who posted EAs terms? But in it they stated that TSTO is NOT moderated atm, yet.
    People have a right to have been getting slightly ticked off, when you have one of the highest grossing apps out there, with a forum that has 1000's of posts per day, with little or no proper moderation.
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited February 2013
    Why? just so you guys can be mod police and lock every single thread and end up with 5 threads total with 10,000 pages in each? lol have fun!

No, because some moron at EA went on a delete post rampage with no explanation.

what did they delete? the glitch post saying how to get unlimited homer buddhas (and donuts) for free? How dare they.. lol

I did that glitch and got 150 donuts for it. If I was them I would yank that thread in a second.

Notice the lack of add me threads?

There was a several hundred page thread people have been posting to that went away.

And several people noticed, and commented, on their post numbers going down before the widespread thread removal. Those also went away.
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited February 2013
    Ok I've been at work all day and I saw a bit and heard a bit of what happened. Now that I have time I'm going to add my two cents.

I'll start with Simpsons0001 (sorry if I didn't put enough 0's lol)

This person is one of the most helpful people on this forum. The guides he has created are simply amazing. The mods don't care enough about this forum to create guides. They do jack * to help users on this forum. How many people cry out for help on this game and don't get any help from mods? It's the users that make this forum. It's the users that keep this forum what it is (or I guess what it was). I seriously doubt anyone else, mods or users, will put it as much of their own time to be as helpful as he ever was.

H1 was another very helpful user. You can thank him for your guide to posting pics. Both of these users have been instrumental in growing this forum.

As to why they were banned, I doubt we will ever know. Our lovely mod or mods want to hide their identity. Why? Show yourselves and actually help the people on this forum. Translation, do your * job! If this is too much for you then you should not be a mod.

Now if you have a valid reason for the ban, and I doubt you do, then tell the masses. Your users should not live in fear that their next post could get them banned and never know why.

Now since I'm not swallowing the pill the mods are trying to shove down your throats I'm sure this truth will get deleted and possibly get me banned. Good. I'm going to check out the other forum that was sent to me anyway. This forum can only go downhill since you would rather censor the truth and ban helpful users than help your forum. As I stated in my other post, I am taking a photo of this post and if I'm banned I promise you I will be back and will spread the truth.

P.s. I forgot to give love to RSommons. Another very helpful user that has been banned. Btw I promise you all. I do talk to these people. I will find out the truth. I will share it. I am not scarred. All I am doing is sharing the truth.
  • haemon007
    81 posts
    edited February 2013
    TSTO is moderated, as people can tell via being banned and posts being removed. There is a reason why they are doing it via silent/ninja mode. They do not want to be bombarded with PM's. Most if not ALL major release info is posted via the Facebook page.

They do not want to hire someone full time to answer all questions (I am guessing). They have part time people patrolling the forums and removing posts/banning people as needed. They do leave it up to the people who like to post here a lot. But they (I am guessing) do not want to hand out powers on their forums to people who are not EA employees. I totally understand it.

Just to clarify to anyone who is wondering, I am not a MOD here or anywhere else. I do not work for EA or any of its companies. Nor will I ever accept any type of MOD power on any EA forums.
  • cuttyshark69
    215 posts
    edited February 2013
    Josh, you have missed what is one of the most entertaining days on this forum :)
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited February 2013
    Josh, you have missed what is one of the most entertaining days on this forum :)

I know. It was enough to make me want to leave work early. But I would have missed one of by best sales days in a while. Glad I stayed
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited February 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:

Waaaa!

Was leFreeze mean to you?

Simpsons0001 was banned today.

Who is this pompous bully, as yo describe him? He is the one who put together the building guide which everyone uses. And he was the on to update it. He put together the stickied post that has links to every commonly asked question about the game, and kept it updated.

And he is just one of the people you are glad left.

You might want to pull your head out of your nether regions and think before posting (this also applies to he real world and speaking).
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited February 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:

Waaaa!

Was leFreeze mean to you?

Simpsons0001 was banned today.

Who is this pompous bully, as yo describe him? He is the one who put together the building guide which everyone uses. And he was the on to update it. He put together the stickied post that has links to every commonly asked question about the game, and kept it updated.

And he is just one of the people you are glad left.

You might want to pull your head out of your nether regions and think before posting (this also applies to he real world and speaking).

Another that shares the truth! Ty sir
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    They'll be back.

Edit....nobody actually said they were leaving forever. They just wanted a space to be freer to post. Doesn't mean they won't still post here too.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited February 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:

Ive been around for a while and obv post quite alot! I have been very helpful to people whenever i can be! I have never "bullied" anyone on here! Dont tar all the so called regulars with the same brush!

In terms of the forum being moderated i am doubtful someone does i think it is more a case of it is automated meaning that if something is flagged a certain amount of times it will get deleted or too many flags will bring in someone from EA to have a look at the situation. (i could be wrong but just how i see it)

Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!