EA Forums - Banner

Nothing to see here

Replies

  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited February 2013
    Wow someone posted information available on the tapped out wiki and 5 other sites, let's have a parade in their honor!!

    Seriously, most of these "helpful" people do nothing more than repost information and act like they discovered it. They are on constantly so infrequent users never notice, I have seen this multiple times.

    Oh and josh, by all means keep fighting the good fight, this world needs more suckers, I mean cannon fodder, no I mean highly pricipled paragons of integrity such as yourself to shine the light of truth on the evil, oppressive, jack-booted regime that lords over these tsto forums, bravo sir!
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Yay! It's this argument again. How I've missed it. It's like the return of an old friend. One would have thought it would get boring and yet it never does.
  • Zombies8MyDingo
    209 posts
    edited February 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Ive been around for a while and obv post quite alot! I have been very helpful to people whenever i can be!

    Very true, alot of your posts were helping to repost for people like me who couldn't post pics. :)
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    Yay! It's this argument again. How I've missed it. It's like the return of an old friend. One would have thought it would get boring and yet it never does.

    If this man is here I will be here, following him around like flies to *, or a stalker if you prefer
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited February 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    Wow someone posted information available on the tapped out wiki and 5 other sites, let's have a parade in their honor!!

    Seriously, most of these "helpful" people do nothing more than repost information and act like they discovered it. They are on constantly so infrequent users never notice, I have seen this multiple times.

    Oh and josh, by all means keep fighting the good fight, this world needs more suckers, I mean cannon fodder, no I mean highly pricipled paragons of integrity such as yourself to shine the light of truth on the evil, oppressive, jack-booted regime that lords over these tsto forums, bravo sir!

    Once again your welcome for the information these people have provided. Since you are so unappreciative I challenge you to create on of your own
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited February 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Ive been around for a while and obv post quite alot! I have been very helpful to people whenever i can be!

    Very true, alot of your posts were reposting for people like me who couldn't post pics. :)

    I had the same thing when i 1st joined and couldnt post pics so i would always help lvl1 peeps such as yourself :)

    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    haemon007 wrote:
    itsmedanshep I understand your point. But if you read up on those who were adamant about becoming a MOD then decided to start their own forums, you will understand my statement.

    I applaud them for starting their own forum. Will many join them? I highly doubt it. To me doing that is childish, and another reason why they should not be a MOD here.

    People can easily find out who the MOD's here are. I found out in just 30 seconds.
    I had no interest in being a mod here and I was the one that created the new forum.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited February 2013
    zuzupj wrote:
    haemon007 wrote:
    itsmedanshep I understand your point. But if you read up on those who were adamant about becoming a MOD then decided to start their own forums, you will understand my statement.

    I applaud them for starting their own forum. Will many join them? I highly doubt it. To me doing that is childish, and another reason why they should not be a MOD here.

    People can easily find out who the MOD's here are. I found out in just 30 seconds.
    I had no interest in being a mod here and I was the one that created the new forum.

    Very nice forum too i might add :) Very friendly nobody being nasty etc!
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • haemon007
    81 posts
    edited February 2013
    Simpson 000001 and H1 was banned. Yes they did have some great posts but I am guessing they posted something that was against the TOS, so there for they was banned.

    As for the MODS being invisible, I am guessing they are told to be invisible by EA. They are getting paid by EA so they abide by their rules. So if you do not like it , you can move on somewhere else.
    And no, on one is "instrumental in growing this forum" other than EA who made the game and the forum. If these people do not wish to abide by the TOS rules they should be banned. They are not above rules.

    As for you josh4908 I am glad you speak your mind. But I must remind you that you do not own this forum or game. You and I (as everyone else who posts here) are subject to being banned. If you do like it you can move on somewhere else, as I can do the same.

    The only reason I am posting in this thread is that I am tired of these children complaining and acting like someone owes them something.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    Wow someone posted information available on the tapped out wiki and 5 other sites, let's have a parade in their honor!!

    Seriously, most of these "helpful" people do nothing more than repost information and act like they discovered it. They are on constantly so infrequent users never notice, I have seen this multiple times.

    Oh and josh, by all means keep fighting the good fight, this world needs more suckers, I mean cannon fodder, no I mean highly pricipled paragons of integrity such as yourself to shine the light of truth on the evil, oppressive, jack-booted regime that lords over these tsto forums, bravo sir!

    No one feed this troll. He has 27 posts and 14 of them are knocking other posters. His trolling goes back to the 10th of December. He may complain about the ways in which others help but he himself has never lifted a finger to help anyone. :?
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    mdfriend wrote:
    peruhomer wrote:
    Yay! It's this argument again. How I've missed it. It's like the return of an old friend. One would have thought it would get boring and yet it never does.

    If this man is here I will be here, following him around like flies to *, or a stalker if you prefer

    Is that flattery MD? You just likened me to *! :D
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    josh4908 wrote:
    Ok I've been at work all day and I saw a bit and heard a bit of what happened. Now that I have time I'm going to add my two cents.

    I'll start with Simpsons0001 (sorry if I didn't put enough 0's lol)

    This person is one of the most helpful people on this forum. The guides he has created are simply amazing. The mods don't care enough about this forum to create guides. They do jack * to help users on this forum. How many people cry out for help on this game and don't get any help from mods? It's the users that make this forum. It's the users that keep this forum what it is (or I guess what it was). I seriously doubt anyone else, mods or users, will put it as much of their own time to be as helpful as he ever was.

    H1 was another very helpful user. You can thank him for your guide to posting pics. Both of these users have been instrumental in growing this forum.

    As to why they were banned, I doubt we will ever know. Our lovely mod or mods want to hide their identity. Why? Show yourselves and actually help the people on this forum. Translation, do your * job! If this is too much for you then you should not be a mod.

    Now if you have a valid reason for the ban, and I doubt you do, then tell the masses. Your users should not live in fear that their next post could get them banned and never know why.

    Now since I'm not swallowing the pill the mods are trying to shove down your throats I'm sure this truth will get deleted and possibly get me banned. Good. I'm going to check out the other forum that was sent to me anyway. This forum can only go downhill since you would rather censor the truth and ban helpful users than help your forum. As I stated in my other post, I am taking a photo of this post and if I'm banned I promise you I will be back and will spread the truth.

    P.s. I forgot to give love to RSommons. Another very helpful user that has been banned. Btw I promise you all. I do talk to these people. I will find out the truth. I will share it. I am not scarred. All I am doing is sharing the truth.

    I guess I'll add my own two cents worth, although I doubt my opinions on the matter will endear me to anyone on either side of the debate. I thought the decision to ban Simpsons00001 was an absolutely terrible one, a gross over-reaction to what might or might not have been an ill-advised thread. However I have no doubt that in calmer times that very thread would have sailed far, far below EA's radar resulting in zero consequences for anyone involved. But in the present superheated atmosphere...

    On the other hand, with the exception of a handful (including Simpsons00001), no one in this debacle comes off looking very good. I thought the original argument that seemed to spark this was senseless, the flagging of posts that ensued was childish, and the posting behavior of a handful in the immediate aftermath was almost guaranteed to antagonize EA and bring about the present result that those self-same posters now so righteously decry. The real tragedy here is that with the departure of so many long-time regulars this forum will probably be a poorer place.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    josh4908 wrote:
    Ok I've been at work all day and I saw a bit and heard a bit of what happened. Now that I have time I'm going to add my two cents.

    I'll start with Simpsons0001 (sorry if I didn't put enough 0's lol)

    This person is one of the most helpful people on this forum. The guides he has created are simply amazing. The mods don't care enough about this forum to create guides. They do jack * to help users on this forum. How many people cry out for help on this game and don't get any help from mods? It's the users that make this forum. It's the users that keep this forum what it is (or I guess what it was). I seriously doubt anyone else, mods or users, will put it as much of their own time to be as helpful as he ever was.

    H1 was another very helpful user. You can thank him for your guide to posting pics. Both of these users have been instrumental in growing this forum.

    As to why they were banned, I doubt we will ever know. Our lovely mod or mods want to hide their identity. Why? Show yourselves and actually help the people on this forum. Translation, do your * job! If this is too much for you then you should not be a mod.

    Now if you have a valid reason for the ban, and I doubt you do, then tell the masses. Your users should not live in fear that their next post could get them banned and never know why.

    Now since I'm not swallowing the pill the mods are trying to shove down your throats I'm sure this truth will get deleted and possibly get me banned. Good. I'm going to check out the other forum that was sent to me anyway. This forum can only go downhill since you would rather censor the truth and ban helpful users than help your forum. As I stated in my other post, I am taking a photo of this post and if I'm banned I promise you I will be back and will spread the truth.

    P.s. I forgot to give love to RSommons. Another very helpful user that has been banned. Btw I promise you all. I do talk to these people. I will find out the truth. I will share it. I am not scarred. All I am doing is sharing the truth.

    I guess I'll add my own two cents worth, although I doubt my opinions on the matter will endear me to anyone on either side of the debate. I thought the decision to ban Simpsons00001 was an absolutely terrible one, a gross over-reaction to what might or might not have been an ill-advised thread. However I have no doubt that in calmer times that very thread would have sailed far, far below EA's radar resulting in zero consequences for anyone involved. But in the present superheated atmosphere...

    On the other hand, with the exception of a handful (including Simpsons00001), no one in this debacle comes off looking very good. I thought the original argument that seemed to spark this was senseless, the flagging of posts that ensued was childish, and the posting behavior of a handful in the immediate aftermath was almost guaranteed to antagonize EA and bring about the present result that those self-same posters now so righteously decry. The real tragedy here is that with the departure of so many long-time regulars this forum will probably be a poorer place.

    I think you put this perfectly. Myself having been around a long time I have seen many a forum exchange. Things have gotten very tense and stayed tense here. Just odd.

    I know myself I will be playing in both playgrounds. There is a lot of value here, and frankly I love helping new people. At the same time I have made some good friendships and do enjoy the banter that takes place.

  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    mdfriend wrote:
    peruhomer wrote:
    Yay! It's this argument again. How I've missed it. It's like the return of an old friend. One would have thought it would get boring and yet it never does.

    If this man is here I will be here, following him around like flies to *, or a stalker if you prefer

    Is that flattery MD? You just likened me to *! :D

    It is the new form of flattery, insult but with love
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited February 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    No one feed this troll. He has 27 posts and 14 of them are knocking other posters. His trolling goes back to the 10th of December. He may complain about the ways in which others help but he himself has never lifted a finger to help anyone. :?

    And as such I feel no sense of entitlement, I've also never asked for help, so you kind of have no point. All the good info is on the wiki, regular posters know that and some of them think they deserve special treatment because they repost it. I could literally post "check the wiki" with a link to the site and have been every bit as helpful as a lot of the windbag regulars. And without the holier than though attitude that comes with it. But yeah, I'm not drinking your kool aid so I must be a troll.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    peruhomer wrote:
    No one feed this troll. He has 27 posts and 14 of them are knocking other posters. His trolling goes back to the 10th of December. He may complain about the ways in which others help but he himself has never lifted a finger to help anyone. :?

    And as such I feel no sense of entitlement, I've also never asked for help, so you kind of have no point. All the good info is on the wiki, regular posters know that and some of them think they deserve special treatment because they repost it. I could literally post "check the wiki" with a link to the site and have been every bit as helpful as a lot of the windbag regulars. And without the holier than though attitude that comes with it. But yeah, I'm not drinking your kool aid so I must be a troll.

    Here, we could be a comedy double act. How do you feel about being the grumpy straight man? :D
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited February 2013
    mdfriend wrote:

    I think you put this perfectly. Myself having been around a long time I have seen many a forum exchange. Things have gotten very tense and stayed tense here. Just odd.

    I know myself I will be playing in both playgrounds. There is a lot of value here, and frankly I love helping new people. At the same time I have made some good friendships and do enjoy the banter that takes place.

    I have agree MD i have been around for quite some time too and have enjoyed this forum greatly, yes it has become very tense with people and a few have caused problems, hopefully things will improve :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    mdfriend wrote:

    I think you put this perfectly. Myself having been around a long time I have seen many a forum exchange. Things have gotten very tense and stayed tense here. Just odd.

    I know myself I will be playing in both playgrounds. There is a lot of value here, and frankly I love helping new people. At the same time I have made some good friendships and do enjoy the banter that takes place.

    I have agree MD i have been around for quite some time too and have enjoyed this forum greatly, yes it has become very tense with people and a few have caused problems, hopefully things will improve :)

    Agree with all.
  • yoss2013
    65 posts
    edited February 2013
    Where the hell is LeFreeze??
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited February 2013
    haemon007 wrote:
    Simpson 000001 and H1 was banned. Yes they did have some great posts but I am guessing they posted something that was against the TOS, so there for they was banned.

    As for the MODS being invisible, I am guessing they are told to be invisible by EA. They are getting paid by EA so they abide by their rules. So if you do not like it , you can move on somewhere else.
    And no, on one is "instrumental in growing this forum" other than EA who made the game and the forum. If these people do not wish to abide by the TOS rules they should be banned. They are not above rules.

    As for you josh4908 I am glad you speak your mind. But I must remind you that you do not own this forum or game. You and I (as everyone else who posts here) are subject to being banned. If you do like it you can move on somewhere else, as I can do the same.

    The only reason I am posting in this thread is that I am tired of these children complaining and acting like someone owes them something.

    I have already moved on. I found a much better site in about 2 seconds. Soon you will be wondering where all the regs are. Plenty are there already and it's not even 24 hours old.

    I know I don't make the rules. I have no illusions. I even stated in my other post that I was going to check out the other site. Enjoy having a forum with no helpful mods.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!