EA Forums - Banner

Harp Freeze is back! [POSSIBLE SOLUTION IN HERE]

Replies

• lennydonkey
    15 posts
    edited February 2013
    I don't believe these forums are looked at by anyone at EA. I have taken the following steps and would encourage anyone else having the frozen screen do the same:

1) Contact EA directly at https://help.ea.com/contact-us
    You will get a case number and a form letter, but at least it's something. I submitted to multiple catagories (i.e. Tech Support, Feedback, Billing)

2) If you've made in app purchases contact apple. I used the emailed receipt with a report a problem link. Inform them you've made a purchase but aren't able to use it because of the developers error.

3) Leave a negitive rating and review on iTunes. Game rankings are something devolpers care about because it effects placement on the home screen and best of lists, and negitives discourage new users.
  • icbeacon
    62 posts
    edited February 2013

....................sigh....................
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Cotvan_tikal
    128 posts
    edited February 2013
    When you've finally had enough, then turn auto-lock off, close all applications, turn auto-rotate off, plug in your ipad, and start the game and leave it there for half an hour. You can then cash in every harp you heard (ie, every fake level up) for donuts.

The problem for many of us (me included) is that it crashes after only 14 minutes of harping. I've done exactly what you describe and it doesn't let me harp beyond that. Tried on both my ipad3 and my ipad1 (which crashes even earlier). Incidentally, did you suggest that users should 'plug in their ipad' to their PC or to an outlet? Either way, neither is working for me.
  • Potshot_Loki
    5 posts
    edited February 2013
    I had the freeze/harp issue as well. For last 2 days. I got slightly tired of it and decided to turn off lock screen, put on power and started the app to the annoying harp replaying, then turned off the sound and walked away. Every so often I came back and the noise was still repeating, but had more notes in the replay. After an hour I was logged in and it hasn't done it to me again. Lost my streak of days (grrrrr) but exiting/returning to the app and quitting/rebooting has so far no effect.
  • btumpak
    4 posts
    edited February 2013
    I've been stuck with harp for days, continually leaving it "harp" then it'd just crash. Finally today it loaded a screen that said I already have a level 6 town on this device (not true I was maxed out). So I deleted app and reinstalled.

After reinstall, game was restored back to normal - although I lost all current XP and started at 0XP Level 26.

No donut bonus either.

• stevieort
    608 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I'd take that. I 've been trying to get in all day, only to have it crash after 10-15 minutes, or so. Just deleted and tried reinstalling and still no luck. :cry:
  • hugodl
    74 posts
    edited February 2013
    guys, i need your advice....got around 90 donuts with a glitch when i finished building the burns manor.

I just started to build el chemistri, so, what should i do? tap on it when its completed or not?

i really want to take advantage of this donut bonus glitch lol
  • KingGoulash
    23 posts
    edited February 2013
    HOW LONG UNTIL THEY FIX THIS EFFING PROBLEM?!?!
  • KingGoulash
    23 posts
    edited February 2013
    everyone who is stuck should be giving the app a 1 star on apples site to drop their rating, they dont deserve
  • surfcitypeg
    76 posts
    edited February 2013
    When you've finally had enough, then turn auto-lock off, close all applications, turn auto-rotate off, plug in your ipad, and start the game and leave it there for half an hour. You can then cash in every harp you heard (ie, every fake level up) for donuts.

The problem for many of us (me included) is that it crashes after only 14 minutes of harping. I've done exactly what you describe and it doesn't let me harp beyond that. Tried on both my ipad3 and my ipad1 (which crashes even earlier). Incidentally, did you suggest that users should 'plug in their ipad' to their PC or to an outlet? Either way, neither is working for me.

My iPad also crashed in under 15 min each time. I finally logged in on my iPhone and in 15 min the bonus screen came up. I tapped for donuts about 3 times then it let me back into my game (got about 5 donuts)
  • n0iseb0t
    94 posts
    edited February 2013
    everyone who is stuck should be giving the app a 1 star on apples site to drop their rating, they dont deserve

for every negative review that goes up another two dozen five stars appear. even people complaining that the game doesn't work are giving it five stars. bad reviews aren't going to change a thing.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    My iPad also crashed in under 15 min each time. I finally logged in on my iPhone and in 15 min the bonus screen came up. I tapped for donuts about 3 times then it let me back into my game (got about 5 donuts)

Identically happened to me this morning.
  • RonNasty64
    43 posts
    edited February 2013
    Stuck 36 hours and counting...
  • krakenit
    154 posts
    edited February 2013
    btumpak wrote:
    I've been stuck with harp for days, continually leaving it "harp" then it'd just crash. Finally today it loaded a screen that said I already have a level 6 town on this device (not true I was maxed out). So I deleted app and reinstalled.

After reinstall, game was restored back to normal - although I lost all current XP and started at 0XP Level 26.

No donut bonus either.

Wonder if your tweet worked and they are fixing it and they started with you since they had your username. I just tried to remove and reload though I didn't get the new level 6 town screen you did.
  • OceanKayak
    7 posts
    edited February 2013
    Very frustrating. Been locked out for several days now. :(
    At least some folks are getting loads of free donuts.
  • Cotvan_tikal
    128 posts
    edited February 2013
    I don't have an iphone. Wishing I did now (for all the wrong reasons....)
  • OMAHGOONESS
    108 posts
    edited February 2013
    Just happened today after building El Chemstri. Trying now to just let it run over and over again. Keeps crashing to home screen after 10-15 minutes of harpies. Sooo annoying.
  • DocNo42
    112 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    The problem for many of us (me included) is that it crashes after only 14 minutes of harping. I've done exactly what you describe and it doesn't let me harp beyond that. Tried on both my ipad3 and my ipad1 (which crashes even earlier).

The iPad1 has half the amount of RAM of the iPad3 - no wonder it crashed sooner.

Someone reported with an iPhone 5 that it went for 30 minutes and then unlocked - the iPhone5 and iPad4/iPad Mini have double the RAM of the iPad 3/iPhone 4s/iPhone 4.

So if you know someone with one of the latest generation iOS devices, ask to borrow it for a half an hour and load up your springfield!
  • OMAHGOONESS
    108 posts
    edited February 2013
    DocNo42 wrote:
    The problem for many of us (me included) is that it crashes after only 14 minutes of harping. I've done exactly what you describe and it doesn't let me harp beyond that. Tried on both my ipad3 and my ipad1 (which crashes even earlier).

The iPad1 has half the amount of RAM of the iPad3 - no wonder it crashed sooner.

Someone reported with an iPhone 5 that it went for 30 minutes and then unlocked - the iPhone5 and iPad4/iPad Mini have double the RAM of the iPad 3/iPhone 4s/iPhone 4.

So if you know someone with one of the latest generation iOS devices, ask to borrow it for a half an hour and load up your springfield!

Can confirm that with 4th Gen Ipad the game still crashes after 12mins at the loading screen. Not sure it matters if the ram is doubled or not.
  • SummTrulli
    4 posts
    edited February 2013
    Well this ones new.. stupid game Crashed after 10 min of Harping and then let my iPhone(4s) reboot ...

So Day 3 and still no luck in getting back in :/
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.