EA Forums - Banner

Harp Freeze is back! [POSSIBLE SOLUTION IN HERE]

Replies

• stevieort
    616 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    It's been two days since I sent an e-mail about this, and still no response. Rat ****.
  • Jesfer72
    90 posts
    edited February 2013
    I was locked out since friday on both my iP5 and iPd2. Did the whole turning off lock and all that hoopla mostly on my ipad cause I was at home iphone when at work during breaks. Finally I decided to use my phone set it up and left it running in my toolbox. Come break time I found it finally got thru and got the donut bonus of 946 donuts. I am just glad I could finally get to my corn that was done friday evening.
  • OMAHGOONESS
    108 posts
    edited February 2013
    Auto Lock Off - Confirmed it works with iphone5. Seems to be the only device that freed up the glitch. Ipad4gen/3/2 and iphone4s\4 did not work. Doughnuts do come and amount depends on what you get each click 1,2, or 3. Thanks to whomever figured that one out first. You rock!
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Harp freeze today when I visited a friend just after bonus level completed on the iPad 4. Tried to unfreeze the harp loop but no dice after a few goes.
    Noted the iPhone 5 method on this thread, so tried this out with auto screen unlocked then after 15 minutes wait I got in with the bonus level donuts and ended up with 902 donuts when it allowed back into the game.
    Ea will need to get this problem fixed quickly as this glitch will be hurting them.
    My luck didn't run out then either, I then purchased Homer Budda for 15 donuts and got 60 donuts back.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • DogLiverPie
    6 posts
    edited February 2013
    I got it after building restaurant/ xp bonus. Today I got a message saying I have not checked me Springfield in a long time. I tired to log on and it did an update. Still no luck. I update my iPhone 4S to the newest iOS 6.1.2. Still no luck. Deleted the app and reinstalled it and it did a big update when I tried to go to it. Still no luck. Waiting for 15 min does nothing for me.
  • fatboyslick
    36 posts
    edited February 2013
    Patch update

Logged in just now (7am uk time) and there was a small install/update and my town loaded fine....even kept the 1000 donuts I managed to nick when I logged in mid-bug on my iPhone 5
  • dom2973
    57 posts
    edited February 2013
    Got the update when I logged in today but still on harp freeze after the update installed... It's been a week now.. This is crazy
  • lil_feisty_o
    30 posts
    edited February 2013
    I also got the message saying I haven't visited my Springfield in awhile. It's annoying to get that message since I've been trying everyday for almost a week now like the rest of you to get in. I hope EA gets there * together and fixes it soon
  • danpick75
    4 posts
    edited February 2013
    AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHH HARP!!!!!

4th day now for me?! This just isn't cricket!

SORT IT OUT EA!
  • danpick75
    4 posts
    edited February 2013
    I run my game on ipad2.....harp!!

I tried logging in on my iPhone 4S........harp!

I tried on my mrs's ipad4.........just froze on boot up screen ( small donut in bottom right just stopped spinning and nothing else happened. I left it for 20 mins!)

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!
  • j_coll168
    2 posts
    edited February 2013
    Today is day five for me. Tried everything listed in this forum and still getting the harp! Got excited when the update came through today but still stuck on the harp. So frustrating!!!!
  • blt4drgn
    12 posts
    edited February 2013
    well I guess ive joined this party!!! its been 24hrs still in the harp loop... such **** tried the exiting and closing, deleting the app and reinstalling and even logging out and logging back in and deleting friends EA get off your A$$ and fix this, too many people have spent too much money on this game for it to not work
  • fatboyslick
    36 posts
    edited February 2013
    I think the update has just triggered the appearance of the EA salesman

Logging into my town via iphone5 rather than ipad4 worked....worth a try if you can...anyone not with access to a 5 coud try asking on here
  • bjorn_breels
    1 posts
    edited February 2013

First time for me the game freezes, with the harp loop. It happened after I got the Burns Manor, which is weird because I read most people have this bug after getting Ralph or the Wiggum house. I'm a daily player, as so many of you are, so it's very frustrating to see that EA doesn't do anything about it. Hope they get to a solution, it's not our job to find out how a game can be played..
  • sk3ly
    61 posts
    edited February 2013

yup, i can also confirm this "fix" i had been locked out for 6 days and probably tried the waiting game around 100 times - today i borrowed my mates i5 and bingo crash fixed and 1000+ donuts to boot - now very happy with the whole affair - strongly reccomend doing this as soon as you can as their will be a fix at some point and i feel that any user who has suffered this locked out thing should quite rightly exploit the rewards!!!!
  • alexsanjuan1
    49 posts
    edited February 2013
    iPhone 5 is the best bet.
  • afscot1
    1 posts
    edited February 2013
    ianherrick wrote:
    Logging in on a borrowed iPhone 5 was the ONLY thing that worked for me.

I don't get what the "fix" actually is.

I play tapped out on my iPad 2. I just installed the app on my iPhone 5, logged in to origin and tapped to play...now my iPhone 5 is doing the harp-loop and it wont work?

What else am I supposed to be doing?
  • krakenit
    154 posts
    edited February 2013
    afscot1 wrote:
    ianherrick wrote:
    Logging in on a borrowed iPhone 5 was the ONLY thing that worked for me.

I don't get what the "fix" actually is.

I play tapped out on my iPad 2. I just installed the app on my iPhone 5, logged in to origin and tapped to play...now my iPhone 5 is doing the harp-loop and it wont work?

What else am I supposed to be doing?

There is no fix. people just trying to get back in once they get the glitch and trying any and everything. Some reports say that accessing it from an iphone 5 has given good results of getting in, but I have 2 iphone 5's and nothing. In summary, just leave the screen on and active for 15 minutes and if you get in at that point, you are one of the lucy ones. If not, then you are one of the unlucky ones. If you don't get back in you have to wait for ea to fix their issues
  • Nhlman72
    117 posts
    edited February 2013
    After 5 days of being locked out with the harp glitch and me wanting to throw my iPad 3, I'm back! Here's my story

I've always used my iPad 3 to play.

I got the harp glitch after El Chemistri finished building, I never got a chance to have chief and Ralph eat there so no task triggered it.

I tried closing out the game in the background and doing the 15 minute trick 3 times a day for five days to no avail.

Tried the screen rub repeativly to no avail.

Then tried a friends IPhone 5 3 times, also to no avail. But I tried a fourth time early this morning and actually worked!

And guess what?, like others have stated I played donut price game repeatedly until it finally crashed and got 948 donuts!
    I quickly bought all the remaining premiums I needed in case EA tried to take them away. This definitely took away the anger I had for going so long without my game. This doesnt alleviate my frustration with EA as a whole with this game, but its a start. I hope that all who were affected get the donuts too, we definitely deserve them!

So try it on the iPhone 5, it actually works!
  • edited February 2013
    HOD for a day on iPad 2, tried on the iPhone 5 and it let me in after about 15 minutes with the screen lock set to never.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.