EA Forums - Banner

Harp Freeze is back! [POSSIBLE SOLUTION IN HERE]

Replies

• Nhlman72
    117 posts
    edited February 2013
    HOD for a day on iPad 2, tried on the iPhone 5 and it let me in after about 15 minutes with the screen lock set to never.

It doesn't make sense that this device specific but apparently it is. Glad you back in too! :)
  • KingGoulash
    23 posts
    edited February 2013
    tweet at their exec until they fix the harp freeze or at their support team, since they don't even check these forums it really doesnt seem to matter.

Exec: @ksegerstrale

Support: @askEAsupport

• goedhardt
    2 posts
    edited February 2013
    So, I've got the harp also... So I sent a Tweet to @askeasupport:

@GJGoedhardt: @askeasupport I'd like to be able to play the Simpsons Tapped Out, but i'm suffering from the 'harp' bug... Any news on this?

Then they replied:

@AskEASupport: @gjgoedhardt Not at this time. The #TSTO Studio are aware and working to resolve this. When we have more info, we'll let you know.^EX

So... Actually nothing yet...
  • 1VolMan
    210 posts
    edited February 2013
    The iPhone 5 fix worked for me but I only got 3 doughnuts.. What's odd is that I normally play on my ipad2 but had most recently played on my phone before the harp....weird....
  • KingGoulash
    23 posts
    edited February 2013
    yeah, I have tweeted at them twice and the exec twice because I don't care, they deserve getting their twitters spammed for locking people out on a game they have spent money on. Keep tweeting lol. They have been saying they have been trying to resolve it for 4 days now, how has it not been fixed?
  • madsenro
    1 posts New member
    edited February 2013
    I had been locked out for 3+ days after building the wiggum house and sending Ralph to eat crayons. I tried the whole let the harps play for as long as possible dozens of times on both my iPhone 4S and iPad mini without success. I then had a friend use their iPhone 5 and after letting it sit for about 15 mins they got in on the first try and got me about 1000 donuts. Good luck everyone.
  • mitsuhoney
    261 posts New member
    edited February 2013
    Great now I can join the rest of you in being unable to play my game...I had no problem at all with Wiggum and El Chemistri and even leveled up past Level 26 ever since then I have had this stupid harp bug and cant get in my game anymore...really nice EA...you sure know how to make your games come with the utmost annoying issues ever...
  • rirb36
    8 posts
    edited February 2013
    I've not been locked out as long as a lot of people (about a day) but I tried the various remedies people have tried and what I think worked for me was turning the auto lock off and leaving the loading screen for a couple of hours. I managed to get into my town, collected my revenue, re set all my characters and collected money off of my friends. I got went back to my town and noticed I had suddenly acquired 5000+ donuts :?

I'm very worried now I'm going to try and log in one day and not get back in again because some evil arts hit squad permanently bans my account.
  • iwantadobo
    3 posts
    edited February 2013
    rirb36 wrote:
    I've not been locked out as long as a lot of people (about a day) but I tried the various remedies people have tried and what I think worked for me was turning the auto lock off and leaving the loading screen for a couple of hours. I managed to get into my town, collected my revenue, re set all my characters and collected money off of my friends. I got went back to my town and noticed I had suddenly acquired 5000+ donuts :?

I'm very worried now I'm going to try and log in one day and not get back in again because some evil arts hit squad permanently bans my account.

How do you reset the characters????
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    iwantadobo wrote:
    rirb36 wrote:

How do you reset the characters????

By reset, he means he collected money from their tasks, and put them back on new tasks. Like normal.
  • joyvarun
    26 posts
    edited February 2013
    i never had this harp freeze until today. i just finished building the Al Chemistri (put wiggum and ralph on their new tasks) and then couldn't back into the game. think it has to do with the al chemistri building?
  • echoes999
    30 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I finally got in today after six days of lock out. Every day I tried getting in on my iPad or 4s iPhone. Usually around twenty times a day.. My brother just got a new iPhone 5. First try it loaded up my city. Only good thing was doughnut glitch gave me over four hundred doughnuts. I'm just glad to be back in finally and not lose all my hearts. So definitely try to load your town on someone's iPhone 5 if you're experiencing the harp glitch.
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    joyvarun wrote:
    i never had this harp freeze until today. i just finished building the Al Chemistri (put wiggum and ralph on their new tasks) and then couldn't back into the game. think it has to do with the al chemistri building?

It has happened to people after building El Chemistri, the Wiggum House or the Burns Manor. It seems to occur due to some problem with the bonus levels they introduced at the start of Feb. Ironically, by trying to add a bonus so that extra XP earned some donuts once users had maxed out their level, (instead of XP getting wasted like it used to), the developers have inadvertently caused this Harp Glitch.

See this thread for details of a fix/workaround to get you back into your town (At least until the developers update the game and introduce an official fix): http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9311182.page
  • phildean66
    3 posts
    edited February 2013
    Been like this for the last week, Level 26 I think, was in another Springfield when it froze screen, closed it deleted it, re-installed it still can't get to play it with my level but it works if I log out of origin.

I've opened it and closed it more times than I can think of, trying every day.

• lil_feisty_o
    30 posts
    edited February 2013
    It's really annoying that they have this heart converter to money thing and we can't even access our springfields to get rid of them. What a waste
  • MeaganLeanne
    9 posts
    edited February 2013
    :cry:
    For days and days I have been doing everything to try and get back in with no luck.
    Today I had my phone going to try to get back in and all of a sudden I got in the game. As I went to tap the first donut box it went to the "cannot connect to server" page. By the time I got out of this and went back the HARP FREEZE came back.

Talk about being disappointed. Hopefully this might make it easier to get back in but no luck so far.
  • krakenit
    154 posts
    edited February 2013
    :cry:
    For days and days I have been doing everything to try and get back in with no luck.
    Today I had my phone going to try to get back in and all of a sudden I got in the game. As I went to tap the first donut box it went to the "cannot connect to server" page. By the time I got out of this and went back the HARP FREEZE came back.

Talk about being disappointed. Hopefully this might make it easier to get back in but no luck so far.

I finally got back in today. I only got one donut game when I got back in though so not 1000 like the other lucky ones. I will be hitting my first xp donut bonus around late in the afternoon tomorrow. So hopefully harp doesn't come back.
  • phildean66
    3 posts
    edited February 2013
    autolock to never and then I get the game closing automatically after about 15mins, tried twice so far, about to attemp a few more tries but i'm not holding my brealth.
  • krakenit
    154 posts
    edited February 2013
    phildean66 wrote:
    autolock to never and then I get the game closing automatically after about 15mins, tried twice so far, about to attemp a few more tries but i'm not holding my brealth.

Are you on iPhone? If so try disabling cellular and only be on wifi. (This does not work on iPads so far).

This worked for me and one other. Never hurts to try...
  • jparkermojo
    15 posts
    edited February 2013
    I got the harp freeze a few days back after building the Wiggum house. Let the harp play for 15-20 minutes, game connected with the bonus glitch and stayed connected long enough for me to collect a huge amount of donuts. Build the other new building El Centro or something, harp glitch is back but this time nothing is making it go away.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.