EA Forums - Banner

The BUGS & ISSUES list - PLEASE fix ASAP EA!

Prev1345
Muhsterino
4163 posts Member
edited March 2018
ISSUE WITH EXCAVATION SITE PRIZE where players are so say 'awarded' a Barbarian Statue, but if they already have one, they will not be awarded another. Update from 1st August 2017 - Currently the statue has been removed from the prizes.
9UKMia4m.jpg
SHERRI & TERRI'S SCHOOL TASKS PAYOUTS ARE INCORRECT
8NbTWNOl.jpg
President Lisa's 8 hour task "Give a Presidential Address" doesn't work correctly. The podium moves from in front of her to the side every 10 or 15 seconds and she doesn't have hands because they are supposed to be behind the podium. This only happens when the building is facing to the left. A similar problem occurs with the Mr. Burns 4H task at the Sepulcher of Evil and the Caveman Moe 8H task at Moe's Cavern.
PtaRiepm.png
yRZUh6qm.png
SIDESHOW BOB QUEST LINES NOT APPEARING There is obviously a problem with this quest not showing up judging by the amount of posts we see on this topic. In my town it took until level 336 to get Sideshow Bob.
QUEST LINES COMPLETED, TASKS STILL REMAIN ON TASK LIST IN GREY
For example, Lurleen's 'Country on the Inside' parts 3 & 4. This bug has been around for months, please remove the tasks from the task list.
seCspCgm.jpg
jIa6vhFm.jpg
TASKS GREYED OUT EVEN THOUGH ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE MET
I have the exploration Inc. building, but I cannot use the 6H task
dymJGEBm.jpg
ALL TASKS AT SPRINGFIELD DUMP NOT SHOWN
I have 7 characters that should be listed at all times for tasks at the dump, however in these 2 examples only 6 are shown:
Quimby not listed:
XnuyV2mm.jpg
WCMdpaYm.jpg
Ned not listed:
d8K1UDEm.jpg
F3SknCLm.jpg
CLOCKWORK BART'S ANIMATION & CECIL TERWILLIGER'S 1&24H TASKS DO NOT WORK All they do is walk.
7A8On55m.jpg
PLAYERS UNABLE TO COMPLETE MUCH ADO ABOUT MINDY QUESTS
https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/132528/homer-buy-champagne#latest
MAYAN MARGE QUEST LINE CANNOT BE COMPLETED if a player does not have Mayan Homer, Mayan God and the calendar
Apocalypse Now, Again? Pt. 1 Make Mayan Homer Look for a Human Sacrifice
Make Mayan Marge Look for a Human Sacrifice
Apocalypse Now, Again? Pt. 2 Make Mayan Homer Avoid Spoilers
Place the Mayan Calendar
Make Mayan Marge Wait to be Sacrificed
Apocalypse Now, Again? Pt. 3 - triggered by Mayan God
Make Mayan Marge Perform an Ancient Dance with Mayan Homer
SOLO TASKS REQUIRED FOR ALL CHARACTERS
lwQ6r9fl.jpg
evmvrkRl.jpg
SEA CAPTAIN UNABLE TO DO 6H TASK, EVEN THOUGH THE GHOST SHIP HAS BEEN PLACED.
Hft9YXtm.jpg
PLEASE remove all 'go to school' tasks from skins, as an example Bart's longer 6 hour task pays out less than the 4H task:
NLORN8sm.jpg
Occasionally having to press start twice on rocket
Sometimes I get a green and a blue start button. I know it's not a big deal compared with some bugs, but sometimes I don't notice and it doesn't start.
o6Rge5Fm.jpg0wv8rEkm.jpg
lHhBFDAl.jpg
ulbPpPSl.jpg
PROBLEM WITH ZOOM
@alealeale73 stated that 'I can see a wider area while all zoomed out on my 4.7' device then on my 5.15' and 5.5' devices.'
4.7'@720x1280
r78y2a.jpg
2ymtahh.jpg
5.5'@1080x1920
2hmkfm0.jpg[img][/img]2uqzt5s.jpg
LAND ERROR BUG where some players cannot even access their towns, contact EA for help, as this needs to be resolved on a case-by-case basis:
https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/101633/land-error#latest
There are also plenty of other bugs and requests in this thread:
https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/86395/ea-please-read-and-make-corrections/p1
FIXED:
SPOOKY CAMPFIRE BUG - players send character(s) to tell a story, which are stuck unless the camp fire is stored. fixed 19.7.2017
CLAW MACHINE AWARDS NOT BEING GIVEN fixed 19.7.2017
https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/98350/claw-machine-award-issue#latest
Luke Stetson's quest line fixed 12.9.2017
https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/101765/luke-stetson-questline/p1
PLAYERS UNABLE TO COMPLETE ACORN KIRK'S QUESTS Fixed 3.10.2017
Players are stuck at different points in the quest line, parts 2 & 4.
Gina/Bart dual quest Fixed 6.3.2018
Sexy pirate has a joint 8H task with Marge. This should pay out 2X the normal rate, but it doesn't - fixed 20 March 2018
jizNT2yl.jpg - fixed 20 March 2018
TASKS LISTED AT THE TOP EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN COMPLETED such as Bart's 2 quests listed above usual tasks - fixed 20 March 2018
There is a bug with Rappin' Bart. He disappears into the bench on his 4hr task instead of just sitting on the bench in view. - fixed 20 March 2018
Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
Post edited by Muhsterino on

Replies

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Muhsterino wrote: »
    LAND ERROR BUG where some players cannot even access their towns:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/101633/land-error#latest

When you poke around on the web looking for info on this particular bug, the prospects for a quick or simple solution appear rather bleak. My impression is that fixes must ultimately be handled on a case-by-case basis and that such fixes can entail massive loss of game material.
  • ZennGlenn
    1656 posts Member
    :# :o Well at least friggin 'Land Error' is finally fixed!!! :o :#
  • Muhsterino
    4163 posts Member
    ZennGlenn wrote: »
    I am pleased they have finally fixed it for you, hope they do the same for all other players with this problem soon.
  • I would add zoom problem.
    I can see a wider area while all zoomed out on my 4.7' device then on my 5.15' and 5.5' devices.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    Thanks for the post and list, OP. I'd also like Clockwork Bart's animation back. It was bad enough that Milhouse didn't have a shared animation after the questline but now I have nothing. Probably my favorite animation in the game.
    ZennGlenn wrote: »
    Happy to hear! Was it done by a tech at customer service?
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Muhsterino
    4163 posts Member
    Added a problem with players unable to complete Acorn Kirk's quests.
  • Mayan Marge's quest did not start and half her task list is locked. One task requires Mayan Homer who is not offered in this event and one requires the Mayan calendar which you have to buy separately.
  • johncolombo
    11026 posts Senior Moderator
    Do we consider Cecil's 24 hour "run for mayor" task bugged? He just wanders aimlessly. He does the same for his one hour task "Scheme".
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Muhsterino
    4163 posts Member
    Mayan Marge's quest did not start and half her task list is locked. One task requires Mayan Homer who is not offered in this event and one requires the Mayan calendar which you have to buy separately.
    Thanks Ellie, I have just added that in the first post with the full quest line showing what is required.
    @johncolombo I have no idea about Cecil's 24H task I never use that task length. Did he ever do anything different for the 1H task than just walk about?
  • Muhsterino
    4163 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    This is copied from TSTOaddicts about Cecil's tasks:
    Scheme, 1hr
    Cecil’s first task. One would think this task would go somewhere, but when you assign him it he just seems to hang out outside like nothing’s going on. The timer on the task still runs, as it should, but Cecil just never does anything. He walks around town like he usually would without a task assigned. What’s supposed to happen? Well according to the files…just that. It looks like they forgot to assign a location to this task in the files, so by default Cecil looks like he’s not assigned a task at all.
    Run for Mayor, 24hrs
    This seems to be the one giving people the most confusion. Much like Cecil’s first task, he seems to be lost on his last task as well. One would think this task would go somewhere, but when you assign him it he just seems to hang out outside like nothing’s going on. The timer on the task still runs, as it should, but Cecil just never does anything. He walks around town like he usually would without a task assigned. What’s supposed to happen? Well according to the files…just that. It looks like they forgot to assign a location to this task in the files, so by default Cecil looks like he’s not assigned a task at all.
    I have added these 2 tasks to the top list too.
  • Muhsterino
    4163 posts Member
    Added a list of solo tasks required for some characters.
  • Muhsterino
    4163 posts Member
    Sea Captain unable to do the 6H task, even though the Ghost Ship is placed in town:
    Hft9YXtl.jpg
  • Muhsterino
    4163 posts Member
    Really, EA? No solo task for Sexy Pirate for 8 hours? :angry:
    h52TCkXl.jpg
  • Muhsterino
    4163 posts Member
    SPOOKY CAMPFIRE BUG - players send character(s) to tell a story, which are stuck unless the camp fire is stored.

• When dealing with hundreds of characters it is rather annoying that one has to go back and assign a dozen character jobs individually as they cannot be sent via the job manager. The conclusion is that the job manager is ineffective. Please provide solo job tasks and consistent job durations for all characters.
  • Muhsterino
    4163 posts Member
    No SOLO 24H TASK for Mozart:
    trgliBbl.jpg
  • I contacted EA about Mayan Marge. The first rep was non-usa and could not help me. They would not give me any donuts back nor just give me Mayan Homer. They were so sorry, yada yada whatever. I was very nice to them but I told them I was unhappy because I spent money for nothing.
    A few days later, I had them call me again, and made sure it was earlier in the day. I got a call from a US rep. I explained that Mayan Marge had only half her tasks because Mayan Homer wasn't even offered for sale or I would have purchased him too.
    I was very nice to this rep also. He didn't ask any questions or give me any problems. He went into my game and put Mayan Homer in my inventory. I didn't even have to ask.
    He stayed on the phone while I got him out of inventory.
    The lesson is BE NICE to the reps even when they cannot help you and always CALL BACK to get a US rep who seems to have more ability to help and understand the game better. And remember, not all fixes are as easy as this one was and by email it can be very difficult.
  • Muhsterino
    4163 posts Member
    @EllieGuseman I am glad you managed to get help from EA and get Mayan Homer. I really wish they would think about quest lines BEFORE they re-release them for sale, so players and EA staff don't have so many problems.
    Issue with excavation site prize, where players are so say 'awarded' a Barbarian Statue, but if they already have one, they will not be awarded another.
    9UKMia4l.jpg
  • Muhsterino
    4163 posts Member
    Sexy pirate has a joint 8H task with Marge. This should pay out 2X the normal rate, but it doesn't:
    PuSEyUql.jpg
  • Zoom issue, posted in another thread:
    Nixlinx wrote: »
    Anyone else here has problems with the zoom in this game on the Galaxy S8? It's zoomed in pretty far and i can't Zoom out very far.
    Ok I may have found a solution ^^" I played around with the Game Tuner, tried different modes (and had to Download the Game again several times) and it seems the middle one with optimal Battery usage is Working for me. I can at least Zoom out further as with the Maximum Quality Option. Not Sure how it will affect the gameplay at all, but for now I'll use this
    Issues that have been fixed by EA are now shown in the spoiler at the end of the first thread.