EA Forums - Banner

Missing Money

My money balance has been decreasing all by itself. Just today I've lost over 10M dollars. I noticed last night that my balance had dropped 30M from the night before. This morning I bought 8 items at $500 a piece so that isn't what is bringing my account down. Anyone else having this issue?

Replies

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    tomouteast wrote: »
    My money balance has been decreasing all by itself. Just today I've lost over 10M dollars. I noticed last night that my balance had dropped 30M from the night before. This morning I bought 8 items at $500 a piece so that isn't what is bringing my account down. Anyone else having this issue?

It sounds as though you’ve been sending Cecil on his Road to Riches tasks. These cost significant amounts of in-game cash: $1M, $5M, and $10M for the 1-, 4-, and 8-hr tasks, respectively. If you want to find out how much you’ve already spent, click on the Daily Challenges icon and then on the green notebook icon. The first Road to Riches item, the Springfield Dam (iirc), costs a total of $20M.

• D'oh!! You're right. I wasn't paying attention when I sent him on tasks and thought that was the amount I was earning.
  • I have the same issue, but I did NOT send Cecil on a task. I did that once and was working hard to get an additional $5 mil before doing his task again. I put all characters on a 1 hour task, got the money from them when I was finished, and then lost $1.8 million when I resent them to 1 hour jobs. I know this for sure because I was keeping track of my total and what I earned after each hour. I did contact EA but they said they can not refund dollars. Has anyone else had this happen?
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Jenniekat wrote: »
    I have the same issue, but I did NOT send Cecil on a task. I did that once and was working hard to get an additional $5 mil before doing his task again. I put all characters on a 1 hour task, got the money from them when I was finished, and then lost $1.8 million when I resent them to 1 hour jobs. I know this for sure because I was keeping track of my total and what I earned after each hour. I did contact EA but they said they can not refund dollars. Has anyone else had this happen?

I’ve occasionally lost significant amounts of in-game cash or donuts during the course of playing, but always as the result of some hiccup in the game (e.g., interruption in internet connectivity). It's annoying, but not annoying enough to make me want to brave EA’s help system.