EA Forums - Banner

Am i missing something?

Prev1
larsyuipo
1137 posts Member
I log in every day quite a few times. Every 4 hours.

I shovel and try to go find gems. Tap all Dino's and use the panini press everytime I can (and if there are dinos walking around)

Yet I am a few thousand behind schedule for a few days and can't get over it.
I will get 1000 specimen today and I just crafted the mudpool looking thing.

Replies

• Same here, I even have one character for 3 extra shovels per 4 hours and I'm still behind. This is the first event in a long time I am behind.
  • rw228
    1044 posts Member
    How many characters do you have to send on tasks that generate currency?
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    rw228 wrote: »
    How many characters do you have to send on tasks that generate currency?

• 00becker
    446 posts Member
    This is the first event I can recall where character tasks don't give out event currency directly. So every currency earner is more important as well as the way you use your shovels.

Do you clear your town of dinosaurs every time you visit? Each dinosaur gives you 5 event currency. One spawns every 3 mins up to 80 - your town will fill up in 4 hours. If you're tapping all the dinosaurs (by using the search and tap method or the panini press) this is 400 fossils every 4-hour cycle. If you're visiting four times a day the dinosaurs will get you 1600 fossils. Five visits will give 2000 fossils a day.

Do you visit at least 30 neighbour's every day? You'll get over 1000 fossils a day for friend actions with this event.

Do you use your shovels at the excavation site? There is a per shovel event currency payout as well as the per excavation specimen and tachyon reward. There's been some chatter on the forum about saving shovels, but if you haven't finished the prize track you should be using all of your shovels at the excavation site.

Have you been placing the prizes in your town (not your inventory) and crafting items throughout the act? Each prize and each craftable has a tachyon reward associated with it. You need to place the items (prizes, craftables, premium purchases if you're buying something) in your town to receive the tachyon reward. These level up your panini press, making it easier to tap dinosaurs, reducing the interval between uses, and increasing the rewards from using shovels.

Are you accepting daily challenges with event currency payouts? While you can't count on them appearing, if you're struggling they'll give you a nice boost.

I'm used to being ahead of the calendar by several days each act (4-7) and I haven't finished this one yet - I'm still working on the dinosaur lake. Granted, I haven't been as diligent as usual about visiting, but this event does seem slower going without premium purchases.
  • Not sure where your problem is.... I finished yesterday.
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    00becker wrote: »

Do you clear your town of dinosaurs every time you visit? Each dinosaur gives you 5 event currency. One spawns every 3 mins up to 80 - your town will fill up in 4 hours. If you're tapping all the dinosaurs (by using the search and tap method or the panini press) this is 400 fossils every 4-hour cycle. If you're visiting four times a day the dinosaurs will get you 1600 fossils. Five visits will give 2000 fossils a day.

Do you visit at least 30 neighbour's every day? You'll get over 1000 fossils a day for friend actions with this event.

Are you accepting daily challenges with event currency payouts? While you can't count on them appearing, if you're struggling they'll give you a nice boost.

Sometimes I forget to clear Dino's and I don't have alot of time to visit friends

My days are like this: wake up 10-11AM collect, 2-3PM collect, 18-19AM, collect which is not always possible if I have to work. And 22-23PM. So that's 3 to 4 times a day. Maybe I should wake up a bit earlier. So I can always get 4 a day.
  • girl22721
    1151 posts Member
    Yes that could help; you appear to be missing... nearly half the day! :)
  • Here's a confession most of us don't want to make: sometimes we wake up at the middle of the night just to play and then go back to sleep. Seriously.

Are you following the startegy to search the gems? that's a good way of winning the most currency in every visit.
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    ldavidgr68 wrote: »
    Here's a confession most of us don't want to make: sometimes we wake up at the middle of the night just to play and then go back to sleep. Seriously.

Are you following the startegy to search the gems? that's a good way of winning the most currency in every visit.

Yes i try to find the gems, but I'm really unlucky and use up 10 shovels on a single run.
  • ldavidgr68 wrote: »
    Here's a confession most of us don't want to make: sometimes we wake up at the middle of the night just to play and then go back to sleep. Seriously.

I'm a middle-of-the -night tapper. I still have about 4000 currency to go before the last prize. I can't figure out why either. I even have Gravedigger Willie.
  • 00becker
    446 posts Member
    larsyuipo wrote: »

Sometimes I forget to clear Dino's and I don't have alot of time to visit friends

My days are like this: wake up 10-11AM collect, 2-3PM collect, 18-19AM, collect which is not always possible if I have to work. And 22-23PM. So that's 3 to 4 times a day. Maybe I should wake up a bit earlier. So I can always get 4 a day.

Your schedule makes it tough - neighbour visits and dinosaurs are the biggest source of fossils with this act. If you can visit even 10 neighbours a day you'll get half the neighbour rewards - the first 10 visits payout twice the fossils. And tapping dinosaurs will make a big difference. If you can visit off-cycle to tap them when you've got a few minutes it'd help with not catching them all. And as your panini press gets upgraded it'll get easier. Good luck going forward :)
  • wadebear
    3325 posts Member
    ldavidgr68 wrote: »
    Are you following the stategy to search the gems? that's a good way of winning the most currency in every visit.
    This. I see so many of my neighbors doing (what I consider at least to be) foolish things like clearing complete rows or even deliberately avoiding tapping the the spot where the treasure is clearly located.
    Meanwhile... I haven't gotten the final prize in any of my 3 games yet, so don't be too disheartened. I think that those who have finished the Prehistoric prize track either bought a bunch of shovels, bought Booberella and/or the cave with costume as well as Gravedigger Willy, or are just really, really, really lucky. Some people are just lucky - I know so many people who just breeze through life with nothing ever going wrong, like running red lights and speeding without ever getting caught. As for me... I'm one of those who has to slam on their brakes to keep those "lucky" people from slamming into my car.
    I do occasionally hit the treasure on first shot, but quite often I don't hit it until the last possible pick.
    If your current search pattern isn't working for you, try a different one, or just try turning the pattern 90 degrees.
  • Lee3472
    294 posts Member

My days are like this: wake up 10-11AM collect,

You wake up at 10am?

:)

• wadebear wrote: »
    I think that those who have finished the Prehistoric prize track either bought a bunch of shovels, bought Booberella and/or the cave with costume as well as Gravedigger Willy, or are just really, really, really lucky. Some people are just lucky -

I did buy the Booberella cave/costume and have been done with the prize track for days, but I think I would still be done without her, who knows.

But in terms of luck, some people may have better luck with the Daily Challenges than others. I got several 2000+ ones (before they lowered the payout). I suppose some people get '5 shovels' challenges and don't try to exchange for a new challenge.

• kjc543
    37 posts Member
    I have exactly the same problem, I don't have any of the premium characters, but I log in regularly about 4 times a day, and at this moment I'm 7000 away from the final prize. Not sure if I'll make it or not. I don't think I've ever played an event where it's been this difficult to get the prizes just through normal playing. In the spy event I'd completed the prize track with about 4 days to spare in each act.

I even stayed up all of Thursday night to watch the UK Election results come in, so I was continually awake and collected every 4 hours from Thursday morning to Friday evening. But even with that boost, it's still going to be incredibly close as to whether I can make it or not.
  • This has definitely been tougher than other events to finish. I finished last night where I usually finish with 3-4 days to spare.
    Neighbour requirements: 100% Freemium. Daily Tapper. Send PM first.

• wadebear
    3325 posts Member
    Lee3472 wrote: »

You wake up at 10am?

Not everyone works 9 to 5 jobs. Think about that next time you get hungry and go out to eat at 10 PM. Or call 911 in the middle of the night because it sounds like someone's breaking into your house.
    Or how about this nightmare: I used to work a job where I worked from 4 PM until 1 or 2 AM for 2 days, 10 AM to 6 PM for 2 days, then 6 AM to 2 PM for 2 days. Then sometimes I would actually get my 2 days off, but not often since I had to keep filling in for the other managers.
  • Lee3472
    294 posts Member
    wadebear wrote: »
    Lee3472 wrote: »

You wake up at 10am?

Not everyone works 9 to 5 jobs.

I know not everybody works 9-5 .... I've done my fair share of working nights, ......

but the original poster didn't say they wake up at 10am for any particular reason like working shifts, ....my first thought was... This is someone rich and/or famous

• I've seen neighbors who don't follow the Excavation strategy at all and have 90,000+ fossils. Prob spending donuts and real money to rush things (and nope they aren't KEM or Bloodmobile farming either).

To each their own...
  • ldavidgr68 wrote: »

I have a newborn to tap during the night. Keeps me awake during feeding.(I'm the one with the boobies) Don't think I'm going to make the final prize.