EA Forums - Banner

will the Skyscraper's price go down to 1 million?

They shouldn't drop the price. The building price drops for the main quest stuff is intended to let newer players catch up with older ones in the storyline, and once you've run out of content then saving up for the large superfluous decorations is one of the things that can keep you playing and in the game. It's certainly more interesting than owning all the land just to own all the land.

Replies

• Marcovarius
    558 posts
    edited February 2013
    I do agree. i just dont want the price to drop a day after i can finally buy it :P
  • NStanger91
    1358 posts New member
    edited February 2013
    It cost so much for 2 main reasons
    1) So people have something to work towards
    2) To counter the people who were friend farming

Personally I can't afford it just yet, but I will probably buy it when I can
  • Marcovarius
    558 posts
    edited February 2013
    NStanger91 wrote:
    It close so much for 2 main reasons

I think so too its been proven that moderator are lurking on that forum. Meh its okay ill be proud when i finally get it. :P
  • thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited February 2013
    I do agree. i just dont want the price to drop a day after i can finally buy it :P

I figure nothing will change in the game until at least the end of this month so if you're sitting on two million bucks right now then I would say you're probably safe. And if EA does pull a fast one on you then you'll just have to play the game more to get that million back. :)

If the basis for thinking there will be a price drop is people who got early files, I remember back at Thanksgiving there were some people who got things early and saw different prices for the balloons than what the rest of us were paying when we got the content and the prices never moved from where they were in the "official" release. YMMV
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    NStanger91 wrote:

And 3) the visit friends glitch; where you gain hundreds of $ by entering and exiting a friend without cashing in until at least half to 1 hour with a premium item such as the Springfield sign.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • NStanger91
    1358 posts New member
    edited February 2013
    adruralo52 wrote:
    NStanger91 wrote:

And 3) the visit friends glitch; where you gain hundreds of $ by entering and exiting a friend without cashing in until at least half to 1 hour with a premium item such as the Springfield sign.

That's the friend farming :-)
  • frankenjacko
    237 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Was saving toward it before Harp crash. I like the expensive buildings. Gives me something to save for inbetween updates.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I would assume that after every update the price will drop. It already dropped once, so a precedent has been set Of course this is speculation, but that is what is being asked.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6358 posts Moderator
    edited February 2013
    I would not mind if the price of the Skyscraper lowered in price a bit. It's the only building I don't have yet
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I had just bought it, but funny, I placed the new restaurant and got the quest for Ralph. Figured I would start that one later. So I close the game, then remember, oh wait, the tower is done, I need to click that so I can see how it looks by the prison before I take my shower. Quickly do that, and what happens, yep, harped out. 25+ times letting the screen sit there with the harp playing, no avail.
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    with the game hung they should give it to us for free..
    Is there anyone out there?
  • HayIeycakes
    94 posts
    edited February 2013
    im not buying it unless they lower it. its uglyyyyy. even 1 million is steep.

i was happy to spend full price on the escalator tho :-)
  • xKeNnYxMx
    19 posts
    edited February 2013
    It was only in one episode right at the ending of the episode!!!! Why the hell did they bother to bring it into this game

The frying Dutchman would have been better
  • thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited February 2013
    xKeNnYxMx wrote:
    It was only in one episode right at the ending of the episode!!!! Why the hell did they bother to bring it into this game

It was at the end of one of the best episodes of the entire series, and it's an episode it would be difficult to pay homage to in any other way. I think they're great gags. They were supposed to be follies the people of Springfield engaged in so make them do nothing and cost a lot of money? Incidentally the combined $3 million price tag is what Springfield spent on the monorail in that particular episode.

The Frying Dutchman is a better choice for the future because it's an obvious opportunity to introduce the Sea Captain into the game so it fits with the new character/building pattern we've been seeing since the game expanded beyond the initial 20 levels.
  • azchristopher
    239 posts
    edited February 2013
    xKeNnYxMx wrote:

It is a well remembered episode. That and the buildings are perfect as a money sink because that was the point of them in that episode, they were blunders.

• Marcovarius
    558 posts
    edited February 2013
    xKeNnYxMx wrote:

It is a well remembered episode. That and the buildings are perfect as a money sink because that was the point of them in that episode, they were blunders.

Exactly! I hope the giant magnifier interact with the skyscraper and burns it lol
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.