EA Forums - Banner

OLD-PLEASE USE LATEST POLL - Harp crash! Have you been able to get back in?

Prev134
Here's the deal with the "leaving the device on" fix. It seems to only works if you have an iPhone 5, or access to one. I use a 2nd gen iPad to play and got the Harps. Tried this fix several times, but it kept crashing and going back to the iOS home screen. Someone on one of the boards suggested trying it with an iPhone 5 (something to do with having more memory), so I downloaded the game to my iPhone 5, left it on and it worked. I've seen several people in the same boat having my problem (older device) who also had the same success using/borrowing an iPhone 5. Once you get past the crash on the iPhone 5, you can go back to playing on your regular device. You just need it to get through the Harps. I am back playing on my iPad now.

Replies

• grahamjarvo
    4 posts
    edited February 2013
    I fixed my harp of death last night by downloading the app on my iphone 4, (usually play on ipad mini) turning the auto lock/sleep option off, running the game and leaving it but periodically touching the screen and turning the volume on to make sure I was still getting the harp noise and my phone hadn't crashed.

The harp noise got quicker then after 30 minutes my town loaded, no billion doughnuts like some people are claiming but all still working fine 18 hours later.

Hope this post might help others that are stuck!
  • Briannah123
    20 posts
    edited February 2013
    I have an iphone 5 if you want me to log into your account :lol:
  • javiles46
    6 posts
    edited February 2013
    What else works if you don't have access to an iPhone 5?
  • brightsi5
    15 posts
    edited February 2013
    Here's the deal with the "leaving the device on" fix. It seems to only works if you have an iPhone 5, or access to one. I use a 2nd gen iPad to play and got the Harps. Tried this fix several times, but it kept crashing and going back to the iOS home screen. Someone on one of the boards suggested trying it with an iPhone 5 (something to do with having more memory), so I downloaded the game to my iPhone 5, left it on and it worked. I've seen several people in the same boat having my problem (older device) who also had the same success using/borrowing an iPhone 5. Once you get past the crash on the iPhone 5, you can go back to playing on your regular device. You just need it to get through the Harps. I am back playing on my iPad now.

Great advice. Thanks. I'm using ipad mini and 4s. Will see if I can borrow a iPhone 5! Would be great if others posted any other positive experiences of fixes.
  • brightsi5
    15 posts
    edited February 2013
    I fixed my harp of death last night by downloading the app on my iphone 4, (usually play on ipad mini) turning the auto lock/sleep option off, running the game and leaving it but periodically touching the screen and turning the volume on to make sure I was still getting the harp noise and my phone hadn't crashed.

The harp noise got quicker then after 30 minutes my town loaded, no billion doughnuts like some people are claiming but all still working fine 18 hours later.

Hope this post might help others that are stuck!

Many thanks. I tried something similar, but will try your exact way.
  • yeahty
    4 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Nothing has worked for me. I have an iPhone 4, iPad, husband has iPad mini. I don't have iPhone 5. I sent an troubleshooting email to EA almost a week ago, no response.
  • jdenito
    4 posts
    edited February 2013
    I let the harp play on for about 15 minutes then all of a sudden the game opened up and I got the mystery box game. It kept going and going and I got 1,002 donuts! I finally was able to get all the things I'm too cheap to pay for.
  • amaro304
    2 posts
    edited February 2013
    Have iPhone 4 and tryed and had no luck been like five days now
  • Shady545
    3 posts
    edited February 2013
    I have a galaxy s3 (yes, i know, sucks for me) but i had the stupid hard stuck issue.

I heard about the let it sit for 15 minutes and it will fix it self.

The first time I tried it i put the game on and went to the store. I came back and the harp sound was going nuts. The first one wasnt finished before the next one started but it was still stuck on the loop.

The next day i tried it again. I made sure to touch the screen every so often to make sure the screen didnt sleep. I turned up the volume and the harp was going crazy again.

I turned down the volume again and watched netflix, still making sure to touch the screen often enough so it didnt go to sleep.

A couple minutes later i look down at my screen and low behold it was on!!

In all honesty, it took longer than 15 minutes. At the very least it was 25 minutes. Again at the VERY LEAST.

Hope that helps
  • jammyd1977
    3 posts
    edited February 2013
    I did on my ipad 3 an it worked after 15 mins!! Got over 900 free donuts as well
  • Platform327
    11 posts
    edited February 2013
    Playing on an iPad3, and after five attempts nothing.

Game switches itself off after 13minutes every time.

Disgusting service from EA, and no chance of a refund I bet.
  • yemmar74
    3 posts
    edited February 2013
    Very disappointed!

Who about an update, or acknowledgement, or something EA!
  • novatia653
    1 posts
    edited February 2013
    brightsi5 wrote:
    Like many others, after finishing level 26 and the Wiggum House, I have been locked out and get the annoying harp noise stuck on the launch screen.
    Some people on here suggested that leaving the app on the loading screen for 15 mins (with the volume down if you want to stay sane!) was fixing the problem for them. I have tried this a few times, without success.

To help others, please reply to say if you have tried this 'fix' and if it worked or not. This will help others know if this really is worth trying or not.

Same problem and i'm out by Three Days, Wake Up doctors!
  • Gemini1656
    15 posts
    edited February 2013
    Didn't work for me
  • scrawl1971
    3 posts
    edited February 2013
    Using an iPod 4 to play, and no, the so-called "fix" doesn't work for me. Tried it a few dozen times.

And just yesterday I got the notification that if I don't hurry and use my accumulated hearts by Feb. 28, they will disappear. (Yes, I know, I'm trying, but there's a bug preventing me from doing so, thank you very much.) Just adding a little insult to the injury of not being able to log in for a week.
  • MajorMI4
    8 posts
    edited February 2013
    Fix doesn't work for me..... EA lets go!!!! We need sum free donuts for this one
  • CyberJoker
    1 posts
    edited February 2013
    After a week of frustration on my iPad trying the leave on method and having it fail every time I finally saw this thread that some had it work on the iPhone 5 so I got hold of one, turned off the auto lock so it didn't sleep and loaded it up. After about 20 minutes it did actually load and and let me play the donut game for ages and then now seems to be working fine. So yes it does work on iPhone 5. No thanks to ea for a loss of service for a week though.
  • Hey, you make a poll asking if people can get back into the game? Wow, im impressed. But it seams to me that it does not work

i can not play since the last update!!!

for a game where some of us players spent some money on i would expect a more professional support!

• Pimpdog0626
    12 posts
    edited February 2013
    Finally after 3 days I was able to get in after letting it sit for 15 minutes on my iPad. I tried this for the last couple of days and failed every time so I thought it was just a hoax. Yesterday I noticed that the donut it was spinning further than what it was before the harp would go off. So I tried and I finally got in and also I was fortunate enough to get the bonus donuts and got about 900 until it disappeared. So I guess it makes up for the down time and won't complain that much. I just hope with this donut glitch they don't jack up the price of items!!!
  • SchroDogg
    11 posts
    edited February 2013
    I have been trying this for days now on my iPhone 4S and ipad 3 but still nothing. I have found myself very bored because this was my go to down time thing to do.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!