EA Forums - Banner

OLD-PLEASE USE LATEST POLL - Harp crash! Have you been able to get back in?

Replies

• facemobben
    15 posts
    edited February 2013
    Back in, no tricks. I think it is being fixed. No doughnut bonus and I was locked out for 14 days.
    Iphone 4S
  • baylensmom
    786 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'm hearing a lot of people are getting back in today, fingers crossed for all of you affected by the harp glitch.
  • eclat01
    4 posts
    edited February 2013
    Not here, still getting the f'ing harp!

Edit: just deleted and re-installed - logged in and still getting the harp...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Gemini1656
    15 posts
    edited February 2013
    So happy got back on my simpsons today nearly 2 weeks of harp just loaded without any problems hope everyone else gets back on today fingers crossed. Lost lots of money and hearts but happy to be back ?
  • edited February 2013
    Everyone keeps saying log into their iphone blah blah blah. I dont own one and dont have a friend that owns one. So now i am screwed? Very disappointed in this game.
  • eclat01
    4 posts
    edited February 2013
    Just had an update, thought EA had listened to us and fixed the issue - no such luck...

Still got the problem - come on EA this is really starting to take the mickey.

It's not an isolated issue, get it sorted, or at least tell us what the hell is going on and when we can expect a fix.
  • katelynnart
    2 posts
    edited February 2013
    I had my in law try the fix on her iPad and she said nothing happened and the freeze was on her devise too. It was an iPad 1 so I chalked it up to an old version of IPad. However, the next day I deleted my game, shut down the phone and let it reload. Magically the game started working. I am not sure if my In laws efforts unlocked the game or that sequence did (I had tried a couple of times in the past to delete game and shut down to no avail). Just wanted to share, I also wanted to say I didn't get a ton of donuts.
  • Iwags
    1 posts
    edited February 2013
    How is it that some people got 900 donuts and others didn't get anything?
  • karenhuffman
    8 posts
    edited February 2013
    Finally back online. No big donut payout though.
  • Bomber330
    2 posts
    edited February 2013
    I did the fix on my iPhone 4 just had to wait 30 minutes for It to work. But I didn't get a bunch of donuts doesn't matter to me I was just happy I could get back on. :mrgreen:
  • Ludux1
    1 posts
    edited February 2013
    I used the iPhone 5 leaving the device on solution and it worked.

I let it run with the sound off for about 10 minutes and my Springfield came up and everything was working fine.
  • ramtrav
    5 posts
    edited February 2013
    Doesn't work on iPad 2. Disappointed.
  • Pjtk3
    2 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'm back in!!! I was using my Iphone5 and going to try the wait it out method that didn't work a week ago and within 5 seconds it started working again
    Good luck to everyone else

No free donuts of course
  • Spallan
    73 posts
    edited March 2013
    I have fixed it for quite a few people using my iPhone 5 and the donut glitch came up for all of them and I was able to get them a few.
    Too bad I have not had the harp crash on my springfield I could do with some hearts :)
  • random_claire
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    I tried to let the game load several times and it always crashes at the end.
    It's been like that for 2days.
    When I got the Wiggum House built it actually crashed too. I had to unlog and start a new game, then as soon as I could visit the other Springfields I logged in, and found my town.But this time it does not work.

Please fix this as soon as possible.
  • XCHOD
    4 posts
    edited March 2013
    Like many here I could not get past the "harp of doom" with my iPhone 4S or ipad mini. However, the ipad 2 with retina display (aka ipad 3) did get past the harp after 10 mins or so. I understand the iPhone 5 also provides a similar solution.

Once the Springfield was presented to the UI I got the iterative cycle of repeated levelling up, which went on for about 100 donuts, before the game crashed. However, now the game will run normally on any of my devices (with the 100 donuts), so it seems the issue is related to the bonus level up logic - probably running out of system resources on older / smaller devices.

I did notice previously that it was taking ages to level up via the bonus process, so maybe there's some logic to fix the threshold that's gone wrong at some point - either way, it's working for me now.

I guess the bonus level up logic is still present in the recent post valentines update, so the issue is likely still there. Until EA fix it, I suspect many will either be locked out, waiting for an EA fix or face attempting to unblock the game via the process of logging in in via one of these 'larger' devices (or possibly the ipad/phone emulator)?

Hope this helps!
  • nossidda
    19 posts
    edited March 2013
    I was locked out for about a week at the end of February. After the recent update (Feb - 28th) I did get in, was able to play and got to another level up (donut mini-game) Now today, the harps are back! I play on an iPad 3 and tried the iphone 5 fix but it hasn't resolved my problem. I have an open case with EA for > week now and they have not replied.
  • brightsi5
    15 posts
    edited March 2013
    Latest App Store and in-app updates seem to have sorted it for me. See new poll to let everyone know how you're getting on.
  • tmullinex
    6 posts
    edited March 2013
    got the harp sound right before update, turned my iphone 4 off and back on got the update, thought to myself cool probably fixed now, But NO still harp of death! I have been trying leaving it on like everyone says two days now still frozen with harp sound! frustrated!!!
  • archaon123
    20 posts
    edited March 2013
    Here's the deal!
    I have experienced this before and the bottom line is that it's due to there not being a level 27 released.
    If this is happening it's because you have maxed out in level 26.
    Nothing you do is going to be a permanent fix until EA releases level 27 and the updates.
    Been there and done that. Hopefully it releases soon because I'm close to leveling up to 27, so I don't do anything much that adds to XP until the release.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!