EA Forums - Banner

Badges

So apparently I just earned another badge today.

Should I be excited?

Can anyone else quickly and easily see your "badge" status?

Does anyone else care?

A prior forum I participated in had a "worm" under your username which was a measure of your contribution as valued by other forum members.

Does anyone here care about their EA badges or measure others by this yardstick?

(Waits for this thread to sink into oblivion because I have next to no badges)

Replies

• johncolombo
    11237 posts Senior Moderator
    edited June 2017
    So apparently I just earned another badge today.

Should I be excited?

Can anyone else quickly and easily see your "badge" status?

Does anyone else care?

A prior forum I participated in had a "worm" under your username which was a measure of your contribution as valued by other forum members.

Does anyone here care about their EA badges or measure others by this yardstick?

(Waits for this thread to sink into oblivion because I have next to no badges)

It's part of the software. Enjoy. I like when I earn a badge. Anr yes when you click on user you can see their badges.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    You can't view them on mobile.

I like the worm idea. LPN would have a huge worm. Hopefully mine would at least be average size....
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    You can't view them on mobile.

I like the worm idea. LPN would have a huge worm. Hopefully mine would at least be average size....
    You said it... (about Lpn)
  • Badges?

BADGES?

WE DON'T NEED NO STEENKIN' BADGES!!

I'm surprised it took that long!
  • jimmydingo wrote: »
    Badges?

BADGES?

oh but I should love to see your chest pierced by tiny pins
  • jimmydingo wrote: »
    Badges?

BADGES?

Perhaps because it’s already been invoked in previous threads about the badges...

• As John has said above, the badges you see now are general Vanilla forums software badges. They are on default settings only for now so dont stress to much with them. We may have a use for them at a later stage but for now enjoy the current standard set that is available. Feedback on this is appreciated of course.

As for the worm idea, that would require some huge redesign to make it like that but instead we have a system that can be used if needed and it comes in form of stars. It can be custom designed of course but stars is the default setting. At the moment that is turned off and not being used but if you guys have feedback on this, feel free to share.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    If we get stars I'd like to still use the worm terminology.....

Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.