EA Forums - Banner

What are the "must buy" Premium items.

Prev1
I saved my donuts for a while and have accumulated around 900 at this point.

While I'm saving 525 for the previous presidents I missed in the 4th of July MysteryBox (7x75 if the price is accurate) I would still have around 400 to spend.

I know there are some must haves like Duffman, Frink, Barney, CrazyCatLady, Springfield Sign and Gorge but I'm still not sure if I should wait for legacy characters like Brandine and such or not.

I don't have time to farm XP and get bonuts so I'm really picky on what to spend my donuts on, any suggestions?

Replies

• jimmydingo
    515 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    For me, Hank Scorpio was a must have...but he's my favorite non recurring character from perhaps my favorite episode.
    Perhaps someone who helps with the Railyard or the Heights is a better option.
    I'm sure others will be by with their faves and opinions soon.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    Springfield Pet shop - gives several characters 4 and 8 hour tasks that don't have them (Mr. Teeny, Stampy)
    Yellow Submersible - pays out Squidport and Ornate Pier tiles
    Witch Marge - Speeds up crops with a Premium task. Use it on Corn for an giant payout.
    Anyone can farm to some extent. Get your multiplier up with Mystery Box items and the Beach Hideaways. Buy a bunch of houses to support the income. Buy bunches of KEMs. You don't HAVE to use the XP Collider to farm, it just makes it go faster. If you can bring in an extra 4 or 5 donuts a day that's still farming. Use them to buy Mystery Boxes and increase your multiplier - as your multiplier increases so will the number of donuts you get per day.
  • nc1873
    58 posts Member
    wadebear wrote: »
    Witch Marge - Speeds up crops with a Premium task. Use it on Corn for an giant payout.

Did not know this and im a day one player.

Always kept the tennis skin on Marge as it pays premium for me.

I'll now keep witch Marge and get those 4 hours off the corn.
  • ratbag72
    174 posts Member
    nc1873 wrote: »
    wadebear wrote: »

Did not know this and im a day one player.

Always kept the tennis skin on Marge as it pays premium for me.

I'll now keep witch Marge and get those 4 hours off the corn.

I haven't done the math, because it's math, but I use Witch Marge on Silvertongue, making the 8hr crop only 4 hours as that fits in with most events.
    But my mum says I'm cool
  • willp_70
    336 posts Member
    For some reason the "confirm donut spend" option was turned off. That cost me 150 donuts for some disc thing. ARG!
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    900 white picket fences. Just think of the awesome fencing you'll be able to do!
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • Mozart, and some other event characters (maybe skins) anything that isnt temporary will still be there (not on sale but still)
  • Kasra258 wrote: »
    I saved my donuts for a while and have accumulated around 900 at this point.

While I'm saving 525 for the previous presidents I missed in the 4th of July MysteryBox (7x75 if the price is accurate) I would still have around 400 to spend.

I know there are some must haves like Duffman, Frink, Barney, CrazyCatLady, Springfield Sign and Gorge but I'm still not sure if I should wait for legacy characters like Brandine and such or not.

I don't have time to farm XP and get bonuts so I'm really picky on what to spend my donuts on, any suggestions?

Make good use of "The Vault" until September. There's a lot of good stuff in there and the rebates on all those items will stretch your donut cache so you can buy more stuff.

A complete list of items included in The Vault can be found here.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    If you ask 50 users this question, you’ll get 50 different answers. In my judgment ther are no “must have” premium items. You’re better off forming your own opinion and getting whatever strikes your fancy.
  • willp_70 wrote: »
    For some reason the "confirm donut spend" option was turned off. That cost me 150 donuts for some disc thing. ARG!

It has a habit of turning off afyer updates. Always check after an update and make sure it is still set how you want it.

As for must buy premium items, I think that is different for everyone. We all have different tastes. One of my first premium purchases was Crazy Cat Lady, my favorite character. But she may not be to everyones tastes. Always buy what you like, or what you think your town needs. After all, its your town, you have to live with it.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Becky! And weiner restaurant

The complete Flanders
    Bee Man
    Ralph skins.
    Halloween stuff like witchy marge.

That is all.
  • I'd ssy frink and Barney. Frink is often used in events and Barney is just cool and if ypu afe a long time you might have the plow king skin as well.
    Alternatively you can check your inventory and see which characters you have skins for for double value
  • Can I vote for She She Lounge? I like parties that never end.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Can I vote for She She Lounge? I like parties that never end.

I agree with you. I almost lost my she she lounge task today. I must have sent Patty to Moe's when I was going through sending people on quest tasks today. Luckily I noticed with 20 minutes left and stored her. I would have hated to lose that task. She is back to smoking as she should be.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    She is back to smoking as she should be.

lol. My Patty just naps forever in the upper-left corner of my world

ic5ACfel.jpg

• I lost the task before I knew about it. No restore lol :D
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • What task are ya'll talking about? I don't have She She Lounge....
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    What task are ya'll talking about? I don't have She She Lounge....

There is a four hour premium task for almost all of the adults at the lounge. As long as Patty's task at Moe's isn't completed, it can be repeated over and over again.
  • Thanks everyone, it was great hearing out your ideas.

Make good use of "The Vault" until September. There's a lot of good stuff in there and the rebates on all those items will stretch your donut cache so you can buy more stuff.

A complete list of items included in The Vault can be found here.

Is the vault only available until September?

• wiedmannaj
    1125 posts Member
    Missing Character: The Barbarian