EA Forums - Banner

Rant

Prev1
So, does it rub anyone else the wrong way when their is a task that only needs 5 characters, but once you have chosen the 5 you cannot use the unemployment office to send everyone else out in a differently timed task?

Replies

• There, not their
  • I just sent the whole town. I like when there are 100+ thumbs-up over one building.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • Yes!!!!
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    It's been improved by being able to assign from a list. We used to have to select one character at a time and assign one character at a time, 100 times. I would have agreed with you then. EA has diminished my enthusiasm for a rant here....

BTW, you can edit your post.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • tyleerxo
    234 posts Member
    Yes!!!! So annoying.

And even when you manually click all the characters the task list automatically goes right to the top with the task highlighted in 'yellow' so when you want to send your characters on 12 or 24 hour tasks you have to scroll down on each one. Too much effort!
  • oldmanmcd425
    10 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    simp7fan wrote: »
    It's been improved by being able to assign from a list. We used to have to select one character at a time and assign one character at a time, 100 times. I would have agreed with you then. EA has diminished my enthusiasm for a rant here....

Yes, but I can't send all my characters on a one hour task when there is a 4 hour task mandated by the game. I have to send each character individually, just like in the old days before the unemployment office.

• It's hard!
  • I just sent the whole town. I like when there are 100+ thumbs-up over one building.

Me too. I love to see all those characters clown car-ing out of one building when you clear it.

Me too. I love to see all those characters clown car-ing out of one building when you clear it.

Was disappointed this morning when I didn't get the normal explosion when clearing the task. Too much lag.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member

Yes, but I can't send all my characters on a one hour task when there is a 4 hour task mandated by the game. I have to send each character individually, just like in the old days before the unemployment office.

I agree with you. When the times line up with what I want, it isn't an much of a deal but I wanted to put them on one hour tasks as well.
  • I was too tired last night to send the 5 on task and then send everyone else on 8-hour tasks so I missed out on some cash and XP. That kinda bugs me but I do enjoy seeing so many thumbs up above one building.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member

I get that. Just that I've tried to be okay with it. If you have to send 5 characters on 4h tasks that you wanted to send on 12h tasks, then those 5 are still misaligned. So instead of 5, why not 100? When the questlines are over then business as usual.
  • Everytime I have all those thumbs I'm always worried my town will crash when I tap it. Lol
  • The time this really annoys me is when sending the characters on that task takes them out of their premium-earning skin. So you just say fine, I'll just put them all on that task - but then once it clears you have to go through and re-skin everyone into their best skin. Not sure if that still happens though? I don't risk it and send the skinned characters individually.
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2326 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I just sent the whole town. I like when there are 100+ thumbs-up over one building.

I've mentioned this before, but it did happen again today, landed in a neighbours town who had the workbench next to the excavation site landing point and there was like 200 people just pouring out the place, you know straight away that said neighbour was doing the task, but I've since found out that it could've been one of at least two parts of the quest line... Was fun to pause and watch for it a minute

As other people mention though, I love to see all my people clear en masse, but today and tomorrow I've go the luxury of being able to log in every hour and it's frustrating trying to make money while I can but then having to wait while five of them clear the task.... doing the trick tonight like sjsebayacc131 of sending five on task and 8hr for the rest... so I can do 60m tasks tomorrow...

Apart from Cecil....twice when I've got my rhythm going and setting everyone on tasks I've caught his 'Spend $1m' by accident.... He's either gonna end up in storage for a while or on a 24hr task..... My own fault for not using the employment centre I suppose, but i'm so stingy I feel that the 1,200-1,300 IGC could be saved for other things and I've got time to task my 100 or so people anyway, so why not...
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    So instead of 5, why not 100?
    Because then the people with only a handful of characters might have to do the task 8, 9, or 10 times.
    You were a new player once too, ya know. :*
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    I think you misunderstood me....heh. The requirement would still be 5 characters. I was talking about sending extras beyond the 5. If OP was a newbie with only a dozen characters there would be little pain in assigning everyone else manually. The pain only really comes when there's like 100 to assign, to scroll.
  • rw228
    1059 posts Member
    The time this really annoys me is when sending the characters on that task takes them out of their premium-earning skin. So you just say fine, I'll just put them all on that task - but then once it clears you have to go through and re-skin everyone into their best skin. Not sure if that still happens though? I don't risk it and send the skinned characters individually.

It's still happening and still very annoying. I had to go through and skin ally premium skin characters this morning.
  • ZombieApu
    51 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Agreed!
    It's a bee-itch to go through 100 plus characters, when the unemployment office is supposed to set tasks for you. someonewashere, had a post covering the same topic, wondering why EA can't just make the dumb thing able to assign other tasks after the "make Springfielders do xyz" stuff is fulfilled by manually entering tasks. Or conversely, why can't the unemployment just assign all Springfielders to the one task, instead of none? I guess it's not possible or just not a priority to fix. I hate getting the "make Springfielders do xyz" tasks now, because it is such a pain.
  • Ahh, nothing like some old fashioned first world problems.