EA Forums - Banner

Still can't get passed Illegitimate Concern pt 2 i

Have u tried putting the school in your inventory? Try that then bring it back out

Replies

• rds257
    25 posts
    edited February 2013
    Tried it
  • manfaiwan
    69 posts
    edited February 2013
    Sadly I encountered this issue on one of accounts back in October. Issue has not been fixed. In the end I decided not to wait and start again.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Have u tried putting the school in your inventory? Try that then bring it back out

If the problem is indeed with Bart, the (perhaps) better approach is to store and then restore the treehouse. This strategy tends to work with stuck tasks involving Bart.
  • rds257
    25 posts
    edited February 2013
    I tried that I tried selling and buying it again nothing worked
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    rds257 wrote:
    I tried that I tried selling and buying it again nothing worked

I'm sorry I wasn't able to help. Did some poking around. It seems a number of people are in this same bind.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Simpsons-Tapped-out-Illegitimate-Concern-Part-2/td-p/108712
  • kelekod
    415 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    While that sucks, I just don't understand why people would start the task without Bart. After reading the above link and other discussion on this quest, it appears that people are starting a 2-person quest with just one. Since this is one of the quests where the action is only available once, I'm guessing if it's started with the teacher and Bart is not assigned to it before the time is out then the task is forever gone. Which means this is a pretty bad bug.

It shows when you click on the task to have Krabappel host detention AND it tells you to send Bart there. So if it's a 2 person quest I don't understand why people begin the quest if Bart is busy.
    I'm GamerGD3. Lost all 3000+posts for my (now) former name.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    kelekod wrote:
    While that sucks, I just don't understand why people would start the task without Bart. After reading the above link and other discussion on this quest, it appears that people are starting a 2-person quest with just one. Since this is one of the quests where the action is only available once, I'm guessing if it's started with the teacher and Bart is not assigned to it before the time is out then the task is forever gone. Which means this is a pretty bad bug.

It shows when you click on the task to have Krabappel host detention AND it tells you to send Bart there. So if it's a 2 person quest I don't understand why people begin the quest if Bart is busy.

I see your point, but just barely. Certainly the vast majority of players opting to start only one character on one of these joint quests do not do so in the expectation that they're going to encounter a catastrophic bug. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm a bit uncomfortable with the implication (even if unintended) that this is the fault of the player. This is a long-standing bug; EA ought to just fix it.
  • kelekod
    415 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    kelekod wrote:

I see your point, but just barely. Certainly the vast majority of players opting to start only one character on one of these joint quests do not do so in the expectation that they're going to encounter a catastrophic bug. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm a bit uncomfortable with the implication (even if unintended) that this is the fault of the player. This is a long-standing bug; EA ought to just fix it.

I do agree it's a bug and ought to be fixed, but it's like saying to have Moe hid in the shrubs when no shrubs are placed. The reason this is a major bug is because it's a temporary quest that is only able to be done once.

Which I would place a very small percentage of blame on the player if a quest requiring 2 halves and the player only initiates half of it. I'm just saying it is a learning experience that when it tells you that 2 parts need to be done, they'd better be started about the same time. This is obviously a major flaw to allow it to be started or for the task to disappear when it was never initiated.

Assuming eating at Krusty Burger was an optional quest and you only sent Homer and Comic Book Guy but not Wiggum (for that one quest), I'd imagine the same scenario to happen. But since those are permanent quests we do not receive that issue.
  • rds257
    25 posts
    edited February 2013
    For the record having Bart serve detention was never an option an still isn't that's the problem I tried to get them to do the task the right way but the option was never avail for bart
  • kelekod
    415 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Even more unusual. I hope that they correct it soon then.

I really dislike the temporary tasks, why can't they keep each task? I'd love to have Homer and Marge snuggle at the Sir Putt Putts again.
  • rds257
    25 posts
    edited February 2013
    I agree if they would just make Bart serving a detention as one of his task this would fix the problem
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.