EA Forums - Banner

Mr Bergstrom, average cost of temporary characters?

Prev1
Hi all, a couple of things I was hoping you guys can help me with as I'm new to the game so am learning quite a bit really.

First of all these temporary characters that come on, how many donuts do they usually cost as I'm wondering what is a safe amount of donuts to save for these characters? I had no idea that the timer was the character disappearning completely, I thought it was a timer in regards to the offer on the character so it's a bit of a pain when the character goes and you didn't get to get him in time, specially if it's one that you're wanting.

Which brings me to the next part but can anyone confirm if Mr Bergstrom will be appearing in the game at all? He's one of my favourite characters and the episode Lisa's Substitute which his main role is among one of the most popular episodes of The Simpsons so I'm surprised he's not a character yet.

So does anyone have any idea in regards to this please and thanks.

Replies

• temporary characters usually cost about 80 donuts for a character alone, 120-150 for character/building combo or 200+ in a gil deal. also, nobody kknows if mr bergstrom will make it into the game, but at this rate, we might be getting him (looking at you hollis)
  • RobbieGlover2K
    51 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Ah ok, so it's best to save around 150 donuts then basically ready for when a character comes in? I really hope Mr Bergstrom comes into the game though, he has to have the sample of 'I'm Mr Bergstrom, feel free to make fun of my name if you want. Two suggestions are Mr Nerdstrom and Mr ... Bugger ... Strom' in his voice too haha :D

I'm not sure what a gil deal is though? But from what I can gather it's best to save around 150 donuts for if a character you want comes in then right? :)
    Post edited by RobbieGlover2K on
  • Grumpstown
    1362 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    a gil deal is a limited time offer with a huge pricetag, which may or may not return later on. the last gil deal we saw (i think) was 180 donuts for 3 playable characters, but there were also some buildings (like the bandit fort for 200 donuts without a character, or the golden statue from the last christmas event). you might be on the safe side with 200 donuts, but to be super sure you wont miss anything, stay at about 250-300 to have a bit of room in case something you really want drops

an example for a non-returning item sop far would be duff gardens, which was bugged for quite a lot of players, and has yet to reappear
  • I see, well it's mainly the characters I'd want to be honest but if something really good came then of course I'd like it. I think it's kind of a pain really when they have the time limit and then the character disappears. I get that it's their way of making money but I think it's a bit forceful, specially to loyal players of the game too, the offer thing is great but the character disappearing I'm not so keen on.

That said I think the game is awesome so there really isn't any complaints here for me in regards to the game, as I love it. Much better than the Family Guy one which was very frustrating really.

I appreciate the reply by the way so thank you. I hope they do bring Mr Bergstrom soon, I saw you mention Hollis, is that someone who works on the game or something and do you think he will be coming soon? :)
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6250 posts Moderator
    I'm still waiting for Just Stamp the Ticket Guy. So ya gotta wait around just like me for Mr. Bergstrom
  • Just stamp the ticket haha. Yeah he could appear too, he's only a pretty tiny character really in comparison but he would be a cool addition to the game too. Just stamp the ticket :D:D:D:D
  • rw228
    1047 posts Member
    If Bergstrom appears I don't believe he will be voiced. If memory serves he was voiced by a guest celebrity and those characters almost never have a voice in the game.
  • Yeah he was, Dustin Hoffman. I've noticed with the game though they just sample the voices from the episode. Like Matt Groening and Sebastian Cobb etc...

I hope he is voiced though, it's much better when they are :)
  • @RobbieGlover2K the character is temp/limited time in the store. Once you buy them though, they stay in your town for better or worse :)
    Most characters come back eventually regardless, but no guarantee they would be at a lower or rebated price
    You're good to go.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • Thanks @spiritals148, it's much appreciated :)
  • rw228 wrote: »
    If Bergstrom appears I don't believe he will be voiced. If memory serves he was voiced by a guest celebrity and those characters almost never have a voice in the game.

Correct. Only characters voiced by the main cast (with the exception of Groening) have voiced characters in Tapped Out.

Correct. Only characters voiced by the main cast (with the exception of Groening) have voiced characters in Tapped Out.

Completely off topic but I love that scene with the Juice Loosener lol. The part where Dr Nick says 'Not anymore' and then Troy McClure slaps his face as if it's mimicking the shopping channels or something lol
  • anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    Forgot about Mr. Bergstrom! Would love to see that character too.

Oh, and welcome to the forum @RobbieGlover2K :wink:
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • TheJuiceLoosener
    2353 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    rw228 wrote: »

Completely off topic but I love that scene with the Juice Loosener lol. The part where Dr Nick says 'Not anymore' and then Troy McClure slaps his face as if it's mimicking the shopping channels or something lol

"I can't believe they invented it" is classic Simpsons. Troy and Homer smashing oranges against their faces to squeeze the juice out still makes me laugh every time.
  • tommy1724
    1972 posts Member
    Just stamp the ticket haha. Yeah he could appear too, he's only a pretty tiny character really in comparison but he would be a cool addition to the game too. Just stamp the ticket :D:D:D:D

Careful, @RobbieGlover2K! @Deadshot_DCU takes JSTTG very seriously, and he is a veteran moderator here! He may change your avatar to Ms Hoover....

giphy.gif
  • tommy1724 wrote: »
    Just stamp the ticket haha. Yeah he could appear too, he's only a pretty tiny character really in comparison but he would be a cool addition to the game too. Just stamp the ticket :D:D:D:D

Careful, @RobbieGlover2K! @Deadshot_DCU takes JSTTG very seriously, and he is a veteran moderator here! He may change your avatar to Ms Hoover....

giphy.gif
    >:)>:)>:)
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • tommy1724 wrote: »

giphy.gif

:D
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6250 posts Moderator
    tommy1724 wrote: »

giphy.gif

1030b9e23bb5cf6c8ef5da6567e3dbf40c41def5.gif

"I can't believe they invented it" is classic Simpsons. Troy and Homer smashing oranges against their faces to squeeze the juice out still makes me laugh every time.

Yeah it's brilliant :)
    tommy1724 wrote: »

giphy.gif

Ha :D
  • For prices preview on event you may want to check the wikisimpsons page
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord