EA Forums - Banner

Farewell Post

Stop feeding the trolls.

You leave...they win. You ignore them...you win.

Your choice.

Replies

• piggieelaydee
    10 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'm sorry you've had that experience. I, too, would be very angry I'd someone posted inappropriate things. The best thing to do would be to take screenshots, etc. and send them to EA. I hope you can remember the good aspects of this forum as well. It's helped me a lot in TSTO!
  • MarkFCS
    47 posts
    edited February 2013
    +1 to Don.
  • MoopsDude
    328 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Tony68k wrote:
    I believe my time on these forums has come to an end, so as is tradition, here's my farewell post. It's not a great one.

I original came here in November 2012, and I've seen this forum go through some changes. Some of the original members were complaining at the time about all the new users, the repeated threads, and how it wasn't the same anymore. To me, it was just a case of things evolving.

Over the Christmas period, I witnessed things change again, really going to heck as one poster put it. Like many of the original regulars I kept my head down and stopped posting, hoping the madness would go away. It didn't really, it just got even more chaotic and personal.

-Tony.

Well said Tony, you have always been one of the most respected posters here, not just for sharing your awesome 3D creations, but for your thoughtful and helpful posts.

Now there is Too much negative **** on both boards. Too much drama.

I had thought I would try posting again after staying away for a while, but that was a mistake.
    I am out the door too. :?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Yes, THAT MoopsDude

I GRIND, It’s what I do
  • zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited February 2013
    Stop feeding the trolls.

Your choice.

Where's a like button when I need one!

+2
  • cfcbesto
    117 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    zoephoto wrote:
    Stop feeding the trolls.

Your choice.

+2
    +3
  • NStanger91
    1358 posts New member
    edited February 2013
    cfcbesto wrote:
    zoephoto wrote:
    Stop feeding the trolls.

Your choice.

+2
    +3
    +4
  • pompommini
    77 posts
    edited February 2013
    You were great user Tony. I was always amazed by you're 3d models and character displays.
    Goodbye :(
  • icbeacon
    62 posts
    edited February 2013
    A beheading video? Seriously? WTH is wrong with people. Had I seen that post I would be leaving, too. Another unfortunate case of the **** fringe ruining things for the rest of us. I, for one, would like to see you stay but wish you well if you don't.

Shouldn't the beheading poster be the one on his way out?

+5
  • julesg007
    374 posts
    edited February 2013
    It has been said many times before and will be repeated again in the future, but just for the record.....

Until this forum is properly moderated by EA it will always look like a bag of spanners with annoying duplicated posts and inappropriate content and regular posters will just get fed up with the nonsense and stop posting which will be a loss to the forum.

Tony if you go, well goodbye and thank you for your contribution to the forum. Hopefully if things change for the better we may see you back in the future.
  • DocNo42
    112 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    +6 - the best way to "win" is just not feed them the attention they apparently so desperately need.

It doesn't have to be hard and the risk is low - once you discover a thread is "in the pooper" you just don't visit it again. This place has enough volume with the "add me" threads if more people did that then such idiotic threads self destruct pretty quickly.
  • HayIeycakes
    94 posts
    edited February 2013
    Just goto the new forum already we're sick of hearing about it... jeez. nothing but drama on this board anymore. fighting between forums. grow up people
  • DocNo42
    112 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Why do so many people feel compelled to tell others what to do or think?
    jeez

Indeed :P
  • ctex05748
    150 posts
    edited February 2013
    Tony, I'll hope you'll continue to post on the other forum. You are truly the master when it comes to TSTO creativity.
  • BerwynEd
    152 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    It really must have been something for Tony to go back and blank out a bounch of his old posts too. I know boards like this can get frustrating sometime but I will never foget what an old friend once said to me once, "grow some thick bark and get over it." In time everything passes, even harp freeze.

Thanks for the 3D inspiration and some of the other tips passed along.
  • psukegreen
    539 posts
    edited February 2013
    BerwynEd wrote:
    It really must have been something for Tony to go back and blank out a bounch of his old posts too. I know boards like this can get frustrating sometime but I will never foget what an old friend once said to me once, "grow some thick bark and get over it." In time everything passes, even harp freeze.

Thanks for the 3D inspiration and some of the other tips passed along.

4448140119_f7bbc1f3a5_o.gif
  • Troy711
    64 posts
    edited February 2013
    Internets are serious business.

At the end of the day EA or anyone on the forums won't even care you're gone. By doing this sooky little 'protest' you've only made yourself look like an idiot IMO.

See ya!
  • AAALex85
    37 posts
    edited February 2013
    I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
  • Troy711
    64 posts
    edited February 2013
    AAALex85 wrote:
    I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

You and everyone else are guests on a privately owned and run forum. By signing up you would have agreed that the owners and representatives of te owners (moderators and administrators) reserve the right to remove, edit and repost ANYTHING you have posted. So in actuall fact, no one here has a right to say ANYTHING on this forum, it's a privilege which can be easily taken away.
  • AAALex85
    37 posts
    edited February 2013
    Well, jeez, you sure took all the fun out of that quote.

My point was, you can't stop dumb-dumbs from trolling, like the frog can't stop the scorpion on its backs. And 'you' can't stop someone from getting fed-up and leaving the forums. But, it's more important that free speech is expressed than inhibited, to my point of view.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Troy711 wrote:
    Internets are serious business.

At the end of the day EA or anyone on the forums won't even care you're gone. By doing this sooky little 'protest' you've only made yourself look like an idiot IMO.

See ya!

I think your perspective is somewhat different than Tony's. You seem to see his post as a "protest" -- a (futile) small-scale attempt to change or reform this forum. At the risk of misinterpreting Tony's post, I think he was instead simply saying that he wanted to withdraw from an environment he views as toxic and unlikely in the near-term to change for the better. I hope he's wrong, but he may in fact be correct. And in any event, I can sympathize with his viewpoint. We all have to make judgments about how we allocate our time. And how much time do you really want to spend in a sandbox dominated by a bunch of squabbling kids?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!