EA Forums - Banner

Has there ever been a Flaming Moe theme?

Prev1
Hi all, as mentioned previously I'm new to the game, I think it's great and I'm really enjoying it however I was wondering if there was ever a Flaming Moe theme to the game at some point? I'm quite surprised if not but what was it like if there was?

giphy.gif

As many of you know the Flaming Moe is a pretty big part of Simpsons history and was such a stand out episode, I think it would be really cool to be able to get Flaming Moes and things within the game as every character can be involved in this too.

So I was wondering if there's ever been one and if not what are your thoughts? :)

Replies

• Castiel19x
    4150 posts Member
    There hasn't been anything yet but maybe one day they might do something on it and I would love to see something on the subject.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • Yeah, I'm surprised really. I know there has been a Stonecutters one which was also a big thing for The Simpsons so I'm surprised there hasn't been a Flaming Moe one. They can all go to Moe's and get Flaming Moes (except Homer) lol
  • I don't think there's enough content for an event or a mini but I am really surprised Tapped Out has never offered a Flaming Moe's building skin for Moe's Tavern.
  • JJR2112
    413 posts Member
    I don't think there's enough content for an event or a mini but I am really surprised Tapped Out has never offered a Flaming Moe's building skin for Moe's Tavern.

I was thinking the same thing. Other than a building skin and maybe a few tasks I can't picture much else. Still a great episode and I would enjoy the skin.
  • txrabbit3737
    1087 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I'd rather have this skin for Moe's:
    800px-Flaming_Moe.png
    FYI.....there are TWO episodes:
    Flaming Moe's (S03)....the one with the drink.
    Flaming Moe (S22)......the one where Moe's becomes a gay bar.
    What part of "unsolicited friend requests are all denied" do you NOT get?
  • I'd rather have this skin for Moe's:
    800px-Flaming_Moe.png

A pride day skin maybe?

I want this Moe's for the Squidport:

• Yeah I know about the episodes. There could be lots done with this though.

The quest could be along the lines of Homer making the Flaming Moe, Moe taking the recipe and then Homer letting everyone know it was cough syrup. They could go through a few tasks to fit with this I'm sure.

Characters can go to the bar too and get a Flaming Moe, acquire ingredients, there's so much really you could do if you think about it, just takes a bit of creativity.

kmonpurk00hx.gif

• Flaming Moes copy right pending by Duff and the Duff subsidiaries Corporation.

The event follows Moe and Duffman trying to get them to stop this, in the end it is revealed that Duffman was behind it all along.
    The event requires you to try and monopolize the individual ingredients that makes up the Flaming Moe, with Krusty withholding the cough syrup as he will get a cut from every Flaming Moe sold, as well as an Eagle egg Omelette.

Characters:
    Hugh Jass
    latest?cb=20100610123733

Howard K. Duff VIII
    latest?cb=20130814174242

Suds McShark
    latest?cb=20130814175321

Colette
    latest?cb=20130616171911

Skins:
    Suds McDuff (Santas little helper skin)
    latest?cb=20130814174354

Barts Place (Treehouse Skin)
    latest?cb=20130814172356

Buildings:
    Red Tick Beer Brewery
    latest?cb=20110919233054

Items:
    Moes Car
    636?cb=20140821195532

• I'd rather have this skin for Moe's:
    800px-Flaming_Moe.png

Yaassss lol
  • TapNDatSprngfld
    494 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    You had me at Hugh Jass! Throw in Amanda Huginkiss and it's a deal!
    Edit: that wasnt a character. My bad. I just want to see Bart make some prank calls.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Instead of Water Down Drinks for his task list why not Add Flame To Beverages ? Every few seconds , a burst of orange light comes from inside the tavern, you know? And when any barfly emerged , they'd hoist a flaming moe as their "i'm finished" animation. And/or somebody could have a full visual job animation out front too, using the "i singe myself" motif like when scout master lights a fire.
  • Yeah, so many great ideas here from you guys too, I'm surprised this hasn't been done. I really like the idea about the flashes of light from Moe's too, I think it would look awesome. Maybe a crash sound too with this.

Do the developers read this board do you know? I wonder if they'll even see this?

Do the developers read this board do you know? I wonder if they'll even see this?

They have been known to read the board on occasions as things mentioned on here have appeared in the game, although we have no idea how often this happens or what threads they choose to read.

They have been known to read the board on occasions as things mentioned on here have appeared in the game, although we have no idea how often this happens or what threads they choose to read.

Well hopefully they do. I think things like that are quite important for progression of the game so fingers crossed they do come across and read these boards quite often as I think that would be great :)
  • We should get a tapped out version of Aerosmith in the game too if we have Flaming Moe's event.

They could perform on the open air stage!
  • sghead
    26 posts Member
    Speaking of the Stonecutters event, there was a reference to the Flaming Moe in one of the daily parchment clues. Something along the lines of "The Flaming Moe has a liquorish sting." The resulting task was to make Smithers do his "Crack the Whip" task (the 2 were connected due to the reference to the song Licorice Whip).

That is the only current Flaming Moe mention in the game that I can think of at least :)
  • Good memory @sghead
  • I see, I think a Flaming Moe theme would be great though as it would go down really well I reckon. About guest stars, I'm not sure really in regards to that as I prefer the actual Simpsons cast, if they were to do any Bret 'The Hitman' Hart I think would be pretty good and maybe Mulder & Scully too :)

• 1pillform
    2021 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I'd rather have this skin for Moe's:
    800px-Flaming_Moe.png
    Would LOVE to have this.

Oh speaking of Flaming Moes. I did that already in my town. But I got rid of the flames over a month ago. I have huge bon fires on each side of Mo's bar and I added two Xmas fire trash cans in front for my Flaming Moes theme. Will I bring it back? Maybe some day.
    If you want to view my flaming moes before I added trash cans in front of it. I uploaded it over to Flicr a long time ago. I guess I forgot to upload it anywhere else. And also I don't remember doing it way back in October. O:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/30737028095/in/dateposted-public/

~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • Ha, I'm sure that'll keep them warm inside anyway lol