EA Forums - Banner

Panoramic Views thread disappeared (again)

Sorry to hear that EA keeps undercutting your worthwhile efforts here, Peter.

Replies

• vvinzent
    173 posts
    edited February 2013
    but in that thread you cannot zoom the picture or is it the way you set it ? since it's so small that i can't see clearly what they're doing in the town
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    vvinzent wrote:
    but in that thread you cannot zoom the picture or is it the way you set it ? since it's so small that i can't see clearly what they're doing in the town

I work with the pictures provided by the users. Most of them have a bigger view. Just click on the picture, and a new window will open with the bigger picture.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    The Panoramic View thread got deleted again (three times already). I started a new one. It has been available for a few minutes. I could see that a few people already viewed it. And then poof, gone again.
    I'm going to try to contact somebody at EA about this. Again, cause after the first deletion, I already sent a mail, but no response yet.
    In the mean time I suggest that if you're interested in the Panoramic Views, you visit this link.
    http://tstappedout.proboards.com/thread/69/panoramic-views-complete-springfields
    It's the new player moderated forum. The thread there is working perfectly, even with working links to the bigger views.
    I hope I can start the thread again here, but as long as I do not get an answer from EA, I'm not going to do the effort.

Then I guess I'll be missing them.

Pity, I really enjoyed all your hard work. Why would they keep deleting it?
  • haemon007
    81 posts
    edited February 2013
    yea ill pass going to a different forum. But I did like the one that was here. Don't know why it is getting deleted.
  • vvinzent
    173 posts
    edited February 2013
    vvinzent wrote:

I work with the pictures provided by the users. Most of them have a bigger view. Just click on the picture, and a new window will open with the bigger picture.

already doing that, and go the photo where you upload it, but there's only option for original pic there's no zoom or anything, do i need to login or have an id to dot zooming or what ?
  • Lsleong
    258 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Why would they delete your thread? What harm could come from panoramic pictures? Sorry for your wasted hard work :(
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    vvinzent wrote:
    vvinzent wrote:

already doing that, and go the photo where you upload it, but there's only option for original pic there's no zoom or anything, do i need to login or have an id to dot zooming or what ?

You could download the picture, but I don't see the point. The link provided brings you to the biggest view there is. If you zoom in on that, the picture will get blurry. I know there are pictures that are very small, but as I said before, I work with pictures provided by the users. Still there are several there that are big enough to zoom in onto the details.
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Lsleong wrote:
    Why would they delete your thread? What harm could come from panoramic pictures? Sorry for your wasted hard work :(

The problem is probably that the thread contains to many links. There is an automated anti spam bot, that deletes certain threads. I have asked EA for an explanation, and if possible a way to make it work. But I do not get an answer.
  • kingphilbert
    58 posts
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for hosting them elsewhere!
  • Lsleong
    258 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Lsleong wrote:

The problem is probably that the thread contains to many links. There is an automated anti spam bot, that deletes certain threads. I have asked EA for an explanation, and if possible a way to make it work. But I do not get an answer.

And you have properly earned your top nerd status, Prof Frink! And I mean that in a good way :)
  • gamegirl4321
    61 posts
    edited February 2013
    Sorry to hear that they deleted your thread again. The panoramic screenshot thread has always been one of my favourite things on this board. :(
    I'm glad you're going to keep it going on the other forum though. I may have to stop just lurking over there and actually sign up.
  • Keys1980
    393 posts
    edited February 2013
    I have a man crush on Peter.

Can you be the new pope please.
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Lsleong wrote:
    And you have properly earned your top nerd status, Prof Frink! And I mean that in a good way :)

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=11084060
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Keys1980 wrote:

ktHi2CK.jpg
  • Keys1980
    393 posts
    edited February 2013
    Keys1980 wrote:

ktHi2CK.jpg

Well played sir.... Well played
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!