EA Forums - Banner

Putting collections to use.

Agreed, I'm getting thoroughly Tapped Out..........

Replies

• VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited February 2013
    It's a good idea and would speed everything up, making it all easier but won't it make it less "tappy" and defeat the object? I suppose it's about establishing a middle ground which your idea probably does! Great idea!
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited February 2013
    They need to do something because I've hated sending everyone on tasks for months. I should have been able to buy the two large items, but stopped caring about money in December.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Agreed, I'm getting thoroughly Tapped Out..........

I see what you did there! 8)

CSI-Miami-csi-miami-24962862-300-400.jpg
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I was just assigning tasks to all of my citizens....which is starting to take long enough that it's becoming a chore.

It occurred to me that collections would be a perfect way to streamline this. We know they can make tasks that require more than one character (Exercise Mr. Burns for instance). All they would have to do is have tasks for entire collections. Then as long as everyone in a collection was free (the tasks would gray out if someone was occupied or hadn't been acquired yet) assigning one member of a collection to a task would assign all members of the collection to the same task.

Think about it, the bullies could, well, bully someone, The Simpsons could go on a family outing, the Churchy Joes or villains could have a meeting, the celebs could have an awards show, etc.

The more characters they add, the more of a chore it's going to become to keep everyone busy. This would be an easy way to speed things up.

Oh, and I love the idea of group tasks! :D
  • schmoozanne
    42 posts
    edited February 2013
    I agree. This would save a lot of time and energy.
  • morganbaby1016
    241 posts
    edited February 2013
    I already do something sort of like this. If I send someone on a task like to the Mensa meeting, I will send all that have it. When Bart has a sleepover I have to send millhouse too. It just makes since to me. I can't send anyone to the kwik e mart without apu being there.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited February 2013
    I already do something sort of like this. If I send someone on a task like to the Mensa meeting, I will send all that have it. When Bart has a sleepover I have to send millhouse too. It just makes since to me. I can't send anyone to the kwik e mart without apu being there.

Ha i do similar to that lol When i want to send snake there to rob the kwik e mart i have to make sure Apu is working otherwise Apu wouldnt get shot :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Ha i do similar to that lol When i want to send snake there to rob the kwik e mart i have to make sure Apu is working otherwise Apu wouldnt get shot :lol:

Leave Apu alone! :P
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited February 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Leave Apu alone! :P

:lol::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Hey he a work a holic you know he wont let snake rob his store lol He has to be there to defend it & get shot :lol:
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I like to send everybody to the brown house together. It's a brown house party!

Then I send them all to church to repent for that party. Kearney needs tons of counseling with his ex after his wild party with Apu, Cletus, Homer, and Shauna in the brown house.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited February 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

Then I send them all to church to repent for that party. Kearney needs tons of counseling with his ex after his wild party with Apu, Cletus, Homer, and Shauna in the brown house.

Cletus & Homer together thats just loads of moonshine being drunk.....no wonder it could get messy :lol:
  • FoolishDoughnut
    172 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

This, (and therefore you,) Is awesome.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!