EA Forums - Banner

Always downloading updates when opening game

I did a clean install on a new device, now when every I load the game up it downloads the last 120MB'ish of the updates before starting the game.

Everything works fine until I exit the game and restart it again, starts downloading the same last 120MB'ish of updates. Playing the game works fine.

Any idea what is going on?

I'm willing to wait for the Act 3 update to see if fixes it because reinstalling 700MB+ is an absolute nightmare.

Replies

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Asuka2222 wrote: »
    I did a clean install on a new device, now when every I load the game up it downloads the last 120MB'ish of the updates before starting the game.

Everything works fine until I exit the game and restart it again, starts downloading the same last 120MB'ish of updates. Playing the game works fine.

Any idea what is going on?

I'm willing to wait for the Act 3 update to see if fixes it because reinstalling 700MB+ is an absolute nightmare.

Such behavior is sometimes indicative of memory issues. How much free memory is available on your new device? A minimum of 2 GB is often recommended.
  • 3GB Ram + 32GB Internal Storage, I will check the next time I exit the game, for what is used. Trying to not exit the game too often as downloading those updates all the time is a PITA.

I'll kill off the some the not used processes and see what happens anyway.

It only has TSTO & Boom Beach installed from a clean wipe.
  • 2.8GB RAM free + 30GB Internal storage free, killed off some stuff not used to get the RAM up and same thing.

Guess I'll wait until ACT 3 update comes out and see if that fixes it, if not do another hard reset/reinstall.
  • Asuka2222 wrote: »
    2.8GB RAM free + 30GB Internal storage free, killed off some stuff not used to get the RAM up and same thing.

Guess I'll wait until ACT 3 update comes out and see if that fixes it, if not do another hard reset/reinstall.

It’s unlikely that the advent of Act 3 is going to change anything, but who can say for sure. Maybe once the event is taken down...

• johncolombo
    11354 posts Senior Moderator
    when you got the update when it first came out did you wait for it to finish installing or did you follow the screens advice and click to play before it was done? That's usually a bad idea and can lead to problems.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • I always wait for the updates to download before entering the game, just wish the Donut wouldn't slide off the screen so I can see how much is remaining to download.

Well the good news, since Act 3 has started it no longer downloads updates like before.

So problem solved, hopefully! Touch Wood!
  • Asuka2222 wrote: »
    I always wait for the updates to download before entering the game, just wish the Donut wouldn't slide off the screen so I can see how much is remaining to download.

Well the good news, since Act 3 has started it no longer downloads updates like before.

So problem solved, hopefully! Touch Wood!

Happy you are no longer having troubles. Thank you for the update. :)
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!