EA Forums - Banner

Futurama Worlds of Tomorrow launches June 29th

Replies

• Today I levelled up the Professor to level 59. With that done, all my party members are now currently at this level.
  • Finally reached my first level 99 yesterday! Captain Nibbler now leads my crew!

qGTJRyW.png

Great Wizard Greyfarn will be next up!
  • girl22721 wrote: »
    Finally reached my first level 99 yesterday! Captain Nibbler now leads my crew!

qGTJRyW.png

Good work!
    Finally reached my first level 99 yesterday! Captain Nibbler now leads my crew!

qGTJRyW.png

Congrats on your milestone.

Speaking of milestones, I achieved one of my own today by finally getting both Zoidberg and Bender up to the dizzy heights of level 60.
  • Well done. Sounds like you'll be needing a lot of 4* badges pretty soon!
    Well done. Sounds like you'll be needing a lot of 4* badges pretty soon!

Thanks. I am both looking forward and dreading to do those missions that will drop out all these various four star badges.

Anyways, I got another character - Amy - up to level 60 as well.
  • baksinengl89
    858 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Finally gotten all the rest of my party up to level 60. Just finished levelling up Fry, Hermes, the Professor and Leela all up that level.

Tomorrow, I am gonna start the grind for four star badges at the Daily Planet.
  • baksinengl89
    858 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Frustrating day for me.

I attempted the third regular mission at the Daily Planet today, the one that should pay out regular four star badges, unfortunately my team got wiped out during this mission.

I also tried out the second Scientist mission there, in the hopes to get some four star Scientist badges. Again, I got trashed on that mission too.

Anyways, I used the store to convert most of my two star badges in to three badges. I used that same process to convert all my three star badges into four star badges.

That way I got enough four star badges for only possibly Hermes, Fry and Bender to be promoted up to rank four.

Unfortunately, I could only promote Hermes up to rank four since I don't have cash to either promote Bender and Fry up to rank four as well.
  • girl22721
    1154 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, drops of 4* badges are pretty rare, even the level 80 paths don't pay them out very often. So trading up lower rank badges is usually necessary.

In the case of class specific 2* badges there's no dilemma what to do with them since those have no other purpose in the game, whereas 3* badges can either be used for 3* rank promotions or traded up for 4* badges.

The generic 3* and 4* badges are easy to get via DOOP so there's no need to waste fuel trying to earn those in other ways.
  • baksinengl89
    858 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    girl22721 wrote: »
    Yeah, drops of 4* badges are pretty rare, even the level 80 paths don't pay them out very often. So trading up lower rank badges is usually necessary.

In the case of class specific 2* badges there's no dilemma what to do with them since those have no other purpose in the game, whereas 3* badges can either be used for 3* rank promotions or traded up for 4* badges.

The generic 3* and 4* badges are easy to get via DOOP so there's no need to waste fuel trying to earn those in other ways.

I haven't seen any Doop requests pay out any regular four star badges for me just yet. I have only gotten regular three star badges from it so far.

The problem for me is mainly my party cannot survive those four star missions at the Daily Planet. What with enemies dealing around 1500 hp worth of damage to my party members.

Just earlier this morning, I tried out the second Captain mission there hoping to get some four star Captain badges. All my level 60 party got murdered during the third battle of this mission.

So I then decided to redo the first Captain mission there to get some more two and three star Captain badges. Luckily I got enough of those and converted them via the store to get the last remaining four star Captain badge I need for Leela.

For the remainder of this week, I am gonna try out all the four star missions at the Daily Planet at least once.

If I can't complete any of those, then I will stick to redoing the missions that pay out two and three star badges. Then use the store to convert them into four star badges. Since it maybe easier to get my four star badges that way.

Another problem is still I need lots of money. Even though I got the required number of badges for Leela, Fry and Bender to promote them up to rank four. I don't have enough cash to promote them.
    Post edited by baksinengl89 on
  • Sorry baksinengl there aren't any shortcuts.
    You just have to grind it out
    You'll get there eventually
  • girl22721
    1154 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I haven't seen any Doop requests pay out any regular four star badges for me just yet. I have only gotten regular three star badges from it so far.

That's right; the generic 4* badges aren't awarded directly, however if you keep doing DOOP requests then you'll soon build a large 3* badge surplus, which can be traded up for 4* badges in the usual way.
  • Ooh, new mystery box with huge list of previous characters and costumes as prizes, plus 1 new character and her upgrade discs (Fiona). Costs 175 pizza.

Contents list copied from reddit:
    * Fiona * Fiona Disks * Pazuzu * Fender * Robot Devil * Hookerbot * Violet * Colonial Leela * Roberto * Dwayne * Ghost Bender * Mecha Hermès * Butcherbot * Malfunctioning Eddie * Off Duty URL * Hattie McDougal * Billionairebot * Bachelor Fry * Devilish Fry * Hunter Bender * Robot Gypsy * Mr. Peppy * Nixon/Agnew * Colonial Professor * Father Chengstein El-Gamal * Lee Lemon * Shakespeare Calculon * Slurm MacKenzie * Crushinator * Robot Leela * Blatherbot * Ghost Calculon * Destructor * Dr. Cahill * Free Waterfall Jr.
  • There were 8 items in the box for me (mostly low interest stuff like Colonial Professor, Lee Lemon and bots). I won Fiona on my first try. Haven't yet decided how many more goes to have; those discs will obviously be needed if she's worthwhile to promote but at 175 pizza for every 10 discs that gets really expensive very quickly!
  • I've got Fiona, Colonial Professor, Father Chengstein El-Gamal, Lee Lemon, Slurms MacKenzie, Blatherbot, Destructor, and Free Waterfall Jr. in the box. None of them other than Slurms & Destructor jump out at me. I don't want to get a costume I'll never use for 175 pizza, and certainly don't want to spend that for upgrade disks. Doesn't look like there's a time limit on this, so I'm in no rush to buy them. I've got enough pizza for four pulls, don't think I will, but I do want to eventually be a character completionist.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • I decided on a strategy of opening more boxes until I won 10 discs, which is enough to promote Fiona to 2* but I don't want to get stuck with somewhere between 10 and 50 discs, so stopping at 10 seems right for me.

That took just 1 more box - won those 10 discs in the second box, so now I'm done!
  • baksinengl89
    858 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Quick question, do any of those mystery boxes contain Nibbler discs?

If they do, I wouldn't mind buying them and using them to get Nibbler promoted up to ranks three and four eventually.

Another failed attempt for me at the Daily Planet, when I tried just now to unsuccessfully beat that second Influencer mission there.

I don't really care much though, since I already promoted Hermes up to rank four a few days ago.

Also I just used all my cash to promote Leela up to rank four just a few minutes ago.

I noticed that her rank four attack has a chance to do Bleeding to enemies. Can anyone explain what Bleeding does and how different it is from a regular attack?
  • Quick question, do any of those mystery boxes contain Nibbler discs?

Sorry no, there's just 1 box which only has Fiona discs available.
  • Another day and yet another loss at the Daily Planet for me. When I tried to unsuccessfully complete that second Defender mission there.

Anyways I finally gotten enough Doop coins to buy one of the three remaining characters from there. So I bought Leo, since I really wanted a Villain class type character.

I just levelled up him to level 17 to complete his task list. Also currently ndoing his sidequest, From Buggalo Farm to Table Pt. 1.
  • baksinengl89
    858 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Sigh, yet another wipe out for my team today - this time when I attempted that second Delivery Boy mission there.

Anyways I have now completed From Buggalo Farm to Table Pt's. 1 and 2. Now doing Pt. 3 of this sidequest.