EA Forums - Banner

Futurama Worlds of Tomorrow launches June 29th

Replies

• I'm back baby!

Been playing slowly for a few days now... I cleared up quest lines and just left with Zoidberg to unlock.... (those burgers aren't any easier to get I see...)

I got over 1,400 stale pizza leftover... and started on DOOP... finally got someone above Lv.30 only to find they can't even get past the first stage of the next space mission without someone dying...

Gonna take me a while but I seem to like it when the pressure is off...
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • girl22721
    1151 posts Member
    Welcome back... sounds like there are still plenty of goals to keep you busy. Enjoy!
  • girl22721 wrote: »
    Welcome back... sounds like there are still plenty of goals to keep you busy. Enjoy!

Thanks!.... it may take a while for me to get things done... took me few days to realise today there is a "collect all" function.. *facepalm*
  • girl22721
    1151 posts Member
    Dwight Conrad is now available in the 175 pizza mystery box!
  • Love the new chip system and character finder.
    I'm really surprised they are still adding stuff.
  • Yes, the chip update was great, stopped me having to scroll and scroll to get an exact amount... and I can switch off the task tablet now... :lol:

The character finder would be better if you could access it anytime... kinda redundant to have an idle tab to find any idle characters when you can only get to it by sending them all on tasks or into space...

Speaking of which, the missions seem a little easier now, unless it's just the fact I got Zoidberg up to Lv47 and using him instead of Lv35 Ben Franklin :confused:

I'm liking the easy pace of the game too, no events to distract me or use up my dark matter, get career chips on a Saturday and Nixonbucks on a Sunday, play a certain mission a couple of times each time I log on, which I only really have to do twice a day now... Doop took a backseat once I realised I needed 90k each for Zapp and Leo, will be considering spending a couple of days concentrating on that soon though..
  • You can access the character finder anytime.
    Hold down the character icon and it will take you to the menu
  • girl22721
    1151 posts Member
    The new way of allocating upgrade chips is an improvement but really just a small step forward. I don't see the point of having to tap '+' sometimes hundreds of times to level up - think they should instead have changed the system to put the focus on goals not chips, so that we only have to tap once to reach the next level or rank... in my opinion anything less is wasting our time for no good reason!
  • You can access the character finder anytime.
    Hold down the character icon and it will take you to the menu

Ahhh... so it does..... thank you ...

girl22721 wrote: »
    The new way of allocating upgrade chips is an improvement but really just a small step forward. I don't see the point of having to tap '+' sometimes hundreds of times to level up - think they should instead have changed the system to put the focus on goals not chips, so that we only have to tap once to reach the next level or rank... in my opinion anything less is wasting our time for no good reason!

I'm still way behind you when it comes to using chips to level up, but I get the idea, once someone is mid 50's it takes a lot of chips just to go one level... I've got my first one to Lv.60 and gradually making five scientists up to that to see if I can make a dint in the higher level missions... so having someone at Lv.79 and wanting to take them to Lv.80 must take a few taps....

I'm not entirely convinced that playing this game isn't wasting my time really!

This was back in June but I still haven't won him since the mystery box is packed with so many upgrade discs now.

However, I purchased the Robot Mayor for 100 pizza recently - a boring character, no wonder he was held back so long and really cheap!
    girl22721 wrote: »

This was back in June but I still haven't won him since the mystery box is packed with so many upgrade discs now.

However, I purchased the Robot Mayor for 100 pizza recently - a boring character, no wonder he was held back so long and really cheap!

And he came with a building I can't fit in anywhere......
  • I may have done him an injustice actually; on closer inspection he has a splash attack, which is quite handy for an influencer although I already have Doc Lobster at level 99 with the same skill.
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2276 posts Member
    edited October 21
    I'm close to my first Lv.99 ... :lol: Robot Santa Claus is Lv.95 but I stopped when I finally trudged through enough weeks to get the required amount of 4-star scientist badges for my next character upgrade, I chose Amy, I'm liking the Charmed speciality.....she's up to Lv.80 now and between them I've managed to progress to the part where I need to unlock Walt....

I had a rather 'sad' mission of fitting everything in to one side of my game without leaving a single empty square, I did very well if I do say so myself and now the whole left side is crammed... so I have started on the top right with City Towers and satellite buildings as a farm... up to about 55 buildings last I counted...

I did hit the wall at one point and couldn't see the point of grinding every weekend for chips, then Nixonbucks, then Scientist badges on a Monday just to get maybe 1/20th of the badges I needed ... but then remembering how there doesn't seem to be any rush (and after making the effort to unlock Rank 4 Amy) I calmed down... In fact, I must've gone completely the other way.... it's surprising how quickly the week comes around again now...

Doop is completed, only the decorations you can have multiples of are left... (thanks for the help and advice with that one guys :)) now I abandon all missions that generate just doop coins and hypnotons and complete the ones for other rewards as my game runs a lot better with most characters in storage, so need it to generate Nixonbucks to supplement my buildings income and Sunday mission winnings

I know not of this Doc Lobster and almost bought the building with Robot Mayor, something about it being only 100 pizza seemed to tempt me... but sitting on my pizza right now in case I somehow get a chance of Nibbler... If only I'd stuck it out a little more, I gave up after Cornwood as the PvP, Doop, Storyline, Daily planet, new character ranking Level ups with badges et al was too much for me... three more events and that was it... I could've had him and then been further along than where I am now after my year or so away... oh well at least I've made some progress in the last six months or so... :joy: