EA Forums - Banner

Futurama Worlds of Tomorrow launches June 29th

Replies

• Downloaded last night. Been looking forward to it. Pretty much a Family guy clone. Nothing wrong with that, but just not feeling it. Deleted Family guy because it was always crashing on my iPad 2. Have a newer device now, so Futurama has kind of made me want to try family guy again, so there's that:).
  • Are we suppose to keep doing (repeating) the jobs in space? I end up with (example) 66% finished. How do we get 100%? I've been sending the crew back out but it wastes my fuel.
  • Are we suppose to keep doing (repeating) the jobs in space? I end up with (example) 66% finished. How do we get 100%? I've been sending the crew back out but it wastes my fuel.

You have to do each of the different routes in the mission to get 100%.
  • wadebear
    3325 posts Member
    Are we suppose to keep doing (repeating) the jobs in space? I end up with (example) 66% finished. How do we get 100%? I've been sending the crew back out but it wastes my fuel.
    You also have to try different characters. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get 100% on the Cowboys in Space mission, then I finally tried sending the Professor and taking the secondary route - that got it. The missions change according to which characters you send.
  • If anyone is interested, there's a thread about this game in the TSTO section of the forums. Not sure why, but it's there.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    If anyone is interested, there's a thread about this game in the TSTO section of the forums. Not sure why, but it's there.
    That's where I said my peace.

Peace out.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • I'm only on level six, but twice I've noticed that when you level up it fills up your dark matter meter... except when it's already full. Which means it goes to waste grrrrr. I have to try and do a space mission when I'm close to leveling up to get the benefit. They should really give you a dark matter fill up bonus card that you could use whenever you want to.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    @kromkromkrom great tip. Realized that myself right when I hit level five. I personally never had any interest in trying TQFS but had to try this since it's Futurama. It's a bit of a grind but I think that's to be expected at such a low level.

Pros: Funny dialogue, great load screen, tons of sounds clips and challenging strategies (may be a bit complicated for casual players), cool retro rpg-style battles

Cons: that annoying quest to buy nixonbucks, poor city building aspect, lots of grinding, very little free drops of pizza (mmm premium currency), and very few worthwhile premium characters worth buying

Overall a pretty good diversion when TSTO slows down for the big Futurama fan, but a pales comparison to TSTO. Probably will stick with it for a bit but will easily drop it once I hit any kind of paywall
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    The task list annoys me because it always scrolls to the top while I'm checking for tasks I can do. Does it do that for everyone.

The tap accuracy isn't the greatest, such as collecting rent.
  • jimmyw31
    212 posts Member
    Still playing. Enjoying it so far and enjoying the go at your own pace. I am not spending any real cash on it.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Tap accuracy is a bit of a problem. I'm enjoying it so far, too, and that's too bad because I definitely did not need more games in my life.
    phinneacttf in the Crawl to the Finish
  • Well, enjoyable cinematics (love the voice actors) nice idea (great for a film)
    However, sometimes the tasks arent permanent, for example i'll set someone on a task, then i close the game, play again the character is untasked. When i watch an ad or buy something the information seems to synch.
    So i think Synchronization is the biggest issue.
    Also.... just ****? Missions to unlock characters based on rarity of a drop, ads asking me to buy in game currency ...etc. I can see why people Hate TinyCo.
    Congratulations EA you arent the **** game developer out there.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    Animal event this weekend. They're cute. I'll try a little.
  • girl22721
    1151 posts Member
    simp7fan wrote: »
    Animal event this weekend. They're cute. I'll try a little.

I unlocked the owl yesterday (confirmed it's an NPC) although I'm struggling with the longer of the two level 10 paths on the Animal Instincts mission; defeated every time so far, unable to achieve 100% complete!
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Yes, I was utterly crushed on the level 10 path. Trying to level them up a bit before tying again. Don't think I'll get all three.
  • jimmyw31
    212 posts Member
    I'm not playing it often enough to get all the animals. I got the owl yesterday and am happy with that.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Is there anything wrong with sticking to the middle path? 5 seems too hard, I guess every party member should be level 5?

I am close to unlocking Scruffy, who earns double. Come on Professor, find those dirty mags!

I've unlocked the owl, too. Nice that we're all on pace. :)
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Mine are all level 6 and the level 5 path is easy, but I don't see any difference with the middle path except maybe I got a few more lizards. Don't know if there's anything special about the level 10 path, but I'm finding lizards faster than I can pack them, so I think the middle path should be okay.
  • girl22721
    1151 posts Member
    I've been using Fry, Amy and Kif at level 10 plus Bender or The Professor at level 8. The level 5 path was no problem and the shorter level 10 path was also okay but I failed 4 attempts at the longer level 10 path, only reaching the penultimate battle. It might be intended for premium players (this could be true for the snake prize too, whilst I expect the dog prize isn't out of reach for free players)!

I can win the middle path with just 2 characters, which is more convenient when trying to do some packaging or advance the other quests - have plenty of lizards; the main reason I'd like to complete the Animal Instincts mission 100% is for the pizza and feeling of achievement! :)