EA Forums - Banner

Begging for my donuts back

who are you talking to?

Replies

• zorrak
    17 posts
    edited October 2012
    This is a forum, so I am talking to the members of the forum. Seems pretty straightforward to me.
  • fattyuk
    20 posts
    edited October 2012
    So your asking members to return your doughnuts?
  • mrkades
    11 posts
    edited October 2012
    zorrak wrote:
    I accidentally tapped something that ate up 8 of my 16 donuts. I thought it was the brown house at first but realized when I tapped the brown house again to cancel the rush that it wasn't the brown house. In my Springfield the orange house is behind the brown and wouldn't you know it takes 8 donuts to rush its reward of 250 cash and however much XP. I'd be so grateful for my donuts back in exchange for the rushed rewards I didn't even want. I would even be willing to trade more than I was rewarded because I haven't spent anything on the game yet, unless you count all the time I've spent. So I'm willing to come here and beg because of how addicted I am to the game. I admit I was being too tap happy but Iithink its a simple mistake that I hope someone can easily reverse. I know that I had 6 donuts yesterday then I won 10 this morning from the mayan god. I was so excited to save up for a new building or character.

the 10 donuts that I won with the Mayan god, disappeared after 5 seconds
  • zorrak
    17 posts
    edited October 2012
    If anyone has successfully been helped by ea/origin in a similar issue they could post a reply.
  • fattyuk
    20 posts
    edited October 2012
    I can 100% gurantee you, ea will not refund you your doughnuts because you spent them incorrectly.
  • zorrak
    17 posts
    edited October 2012
    I'll let you know what happens. Have you tried fresh air and sunlight? I bet that would help you feel better, seeing as how youre passive aggressive in your responses.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited October 2012
    EA won't help you. They make money off of the donuts and since this was a user error there is no chance of them adding them back or reimbursing you in any way.
  • fattyuk
    20 posts
    edited October 2012
    zorrak wrote:
    I'll let you know what happens. Have you tried fresh air and sunlight? I bet that would help you feel better, seeing as how youre passive aggressive in your responses.

Am from the uk so have been outside most of the day on my iPhone thanks :mrgreen:
  • zorrak
    17 posts
    edited October 2012
    Admittedly i expected that response but thank you for your reply. Its annoying because you tap the thumbs up ten or more times and it doesnt even register in the game. Maybe its cause i play on an iphone instead of ipad and the user interface is smaller.

Wasting donuts? Not a problem, though it didnt hurt to ask here first.
  • nixandarcee
    57 posts
    edited October 2012
    made a similar mistake before, i hope in the next update they can at least add a prompt to ask us if he would like to use the donuts or not like in most of my games where you use premium stuff.. just saying, coz it's annoying for it to just confirm the speed up, this game is not the fond of giving out donuts unlike most games that i play
  • WillWWhite
    36 posts
    edited October 2012
    A confirmation gate would be awfully nice, but user error is, unfortunately, part of the profit system at the moment. Click carefully!
  • strycker21
    18 posts
    edited October 2012
    I was looking thru the Halloween items and touched the raven to see what it does and instead of the info button it registered I touched the purchase button, only to lose 30 donuts for something that is pretty much useless. That was truly annoying. Should have a "do you wish to purchase?" Screen and not make it instant, especially since the touch screen sensitivity is not the greatest accuracy.
  • zorrak
    17 posts
    edited October 2012
    I agree. Nice to hear people with the same ideas.
  • WillWWhite
    36 posts
    edited October 2012
    strycker21 wrote:
    I was looking thru the Halloween items and touched the raven to see what it does and instead of the info button it registered I touched the purchase button, only to lose 30 donuts for something that is pretty much useless. That was truly annoying. Should have a "do you wish to purchase?" Screen and not make it instant, especially since the touch screen sensitivity is not the greatest accuracy.

Yeah, a confirmation gate, basically what I said. I could get behind this. I've accidentally blown a couple donuts on a task that was only a minute or two from finishing before. It's a sad moment.

I usually play on an iPad though, also. On an iPhone I'm sure the problem is exacerbated even more.
  • jorgesolorza
    9 posts
    edited October 2012
    I don't think that the people of EA games would put the gate, I think they on purpose put the consume doughnuts thing in that position, to get people to wasre them accidentally. They want us to expend money (real money) on those doughnuts.
  • BaconGibson
    51 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    I just accidentally tapped the raven on my iPhone & could not get out of the purchase. So frusterated! I've also accidentallyaccelerated quests with donuts, too. My stupid mistake...but a confirmation gate would be great. Oh, well...I hope the @&$!% raven eventually does something!
  • RoperSeiler89
    31 posts
    edited October 2012
    Same thing happened to me. I wasn't issued a refund, though. But still, it's annoying when it happens!
  • caliendo
    8 posts
    edited October 2012
    WillWWhite wrote:
    A confirmation gate would be awfully nice, but user error is, unfortunately, part of the profit system at the moment. Click carefully!

This +10000. Too bad then EA couldnt screw you out of your do-nuts/real life cash. * pigs.
  • itsarianna
    11 posts
    edited October 2012
    Went from 27 donuts to 18, I have no idea how... :x
  • norriszabi
    40 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    a confirmation screen would be great. Every other game has one, I don't understand why this one doesn't. It really needs it. I have accidentally spent donuts before and I'm not even sure how it happened. It's true you can cancel, but some of the things happen so fast there's no time to cancel.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.