EA Forums - Banner

Recent issues

Replies

• well I have uninstalled and re-installed on 2x different devices, no joy.. I wish they would stop releasing new stuff until they fixed their last ones
  • This issue will not be fixed in an update. You need to contact EA and request a rollback. Others have reported that that fixed it for them.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/discussion/80732/how-to-contact-ea-directly/
  • hi Ellie yes I know that, I'm still waiting, as I cannot request a roll back by phone as I'm part of the 95 % of the entire planet that isn't the USA. EA as an international/global business only offers LOCAL assistance which sucks, and one of the biggest reasons why myself and tens of thousands of others now will not buy anything new made by them.

I'm still going through the saga of emails, them asking what's wrong. me re-typing it and asking for a rollback, them suggesting I ask for a call( only option available onscreen) me replying I cant. next mail from a new helper asking what's wrong.....rinse and repeat
  • I was trying to help because what you posted did not sound like you had contacted them. Keep persisting with them. Someone else reported they got a rollback by email. Good luck.
  • I have the same issue. After the Homerpalooza update came out, I received the Duff Gardens offer and got a message saying that I could access old missions. However, I simultaneously:

1) Lost the ability to buy things from the current event, like Bleeding Gums Murphy

2) Can't quick link to a character by clicking on their picture on the upper left

3) Graphic for the biggest redwood reverted to level 1 and I can't click on it

4) Graphic to Burn's money mountain reverted to level 1 and I can't click on it.

5) Monorail reverted and I can't work toward getting the 5 donut truck... now when I pay recyclables, it weirdly takes me to the new event screen. (Hard to explain)

6) Money fountain gives coins instead of money/xp

7) Bowling shoe vending machines gives out bowling shoes again instead of items, money, and xp.

8) All characters I unlocked in Springfield heights are now locked again.

9) Friendship level reverted back to 1.

10) 50% of time when I click on the Weird Al face to put characters on jobs, the game crashes.

If I roll back, I assume I lose any progress since the "new" update? I tried emailing EA, but they never responded and just closed the issue. If it matters, I'm at level 113. I've also tried installing on another device and it has the same exact issues.

• Are you able to call or chat? Those are the best options if possible. If doing email, or any other actually, you will have to be persistent and annoying about it. Insist politely that you need real help as your game is unplayable. You may lose some progress that is why you need to get them to fix this now. There may be other options other than rollback you should ask them. Every time they close one case, open another. It will take persistence on your part. Good luck.
  • I gave them a call and they said they would rollback the game, but for some reason the game hasn't rolled back yet. The mentioned that they would escalate my case since the problem is ongoing. It's disappointing that I have to lose the week's progress with the new update, as I was looking forward to the Rock items from the festival update. I'll keep the forum posted on whether or not this gets fixed. If it doesn't, the game may lose it's playability and I'll have to find something else to do with my life.
  • I called on the 4th and haven't heard or seen anything done since. Same issues.
  • Hi there, I've got exactly the same problem... It started the 6th. I filled out the contact form the 7th. How long do I have to wait until I contact them again?
  • HeavyDe13
    18 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Same issue here, can't send Weird Al or Bleeding Gums on any Rock missions. Star menu and Weird Al tabs on mission screen missing. Called EA last night and they looked into it, noted that I should wait 24 hrs and if it doesn't get fixed I should call back. Frustrating so far.
  • Did the event update help anyone? Nothing improved or change on my end.
  • My husband's game is totally crap right now. Missing characters, can't use character selection button in the corner, past tasks from old events popping up..almost unplayable
  • Roll back worked (dmariet16 call or emailasap) but now I lost 7 days of cuffs and tickets along with the last 2 quest prizes. Should have pushed EA to do this the first time I called 6 days ago instead of taking their advice and waiting to see if it fixes itself. Lessen learned.
  • HeavyDe13 wrote: »
    Same issue here, can't send Weird Al or Bleeding Gums on any Rock missions. Star menu and Weird Al tabs on mission screen missing. Called EA last night and they looked into it, noted that I should wait 24 hrs and if it doesn't get fixed I should call back. Frustrating so far.

Wait 24 hours for what?
    HeavyDe13 wrote: »
    Roll back worked (dmariet16 call or emailasap) but now I lost 7 days of cuffs and tickets along with the last 2 quest prizes. Should have pushed EA to do this the first time I called 6 days ago instead of taking their advice and waiting to see if it fixes itself. Lessen learned.

That's what I was afraid of... Not much of a fix but I guess it's that or nothing. He is going to wait until act 2 loads up in 5 hours to see it it resolves anything. If not, roll back it is. Disappointing that's the best they can come up with.
  • Well roll back fixed game issues. Lost act 1 prizes but at least it's playable again!
  • adruralo
    3275 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    The Dilophosaurus Raptor stopped been voiced since the latest patch yesterday.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • adruralo
    3275 posts Member
    adruralo wrote: »
    The Dilophosaurus Raptor stopped been voiced since the latest patch yesterday.
    Just realised that there is another dinosaur in the Springfield named Raptor that’s voiced, and not the Dilophosaurus.

iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • Similar problem for me. Loads of messages from old events on startup, top left button doesn't work, tap radius decreased, old event items are once again earning stars/bows etc, lost my giant redwood. As for the current event, I can no longer send weird al, leon, shredder and freddy to play jam sessions and I cannot view my star management. Hoping for a quick fix!
  • I can't add or remove friends anymore. Most likely due to this event. Because before it I was able to do it just fine. I got several people on my list that haven't played in several months, wanted to remove them but can't. It keeps saying an error occurred[no ****] and it keeps saying retry later which is a lie because it refuses to work. So doing it a few hours later obviously isn't going to work. I tried to contact EA but there is no way to contact them. It brings me to pages that have nothing to do with this issue.
    ~Always be Designing~
  • Similar problem for me. Loads of messages from old events on startup, top left button doesn't work, tap radius decreased, old event items are once again earning stars/bows etc, lost my giant redwood. As for the current event, I can no longer send weird al, leon, shredder and freddy to play jam sessions and I cannot view my star management. Hoping for a quick fix!

Contact EA Help Center, you need your game rolled back to a previous save point. Do it ASAP because the longer you wait the more progress you will lose.