EA Forums - Banner

Recent issues

Replies

  • EllieGuseman
    1504 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    This is a known issue on Kindles. It is probably not charging you, but you might want to call the bank and double check to be absolutely sure.
    See this thread.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/129748/recent-purchase-bug#latest
  • In my case the problem started after Gil's deal offering Burns Dragon. I got a message saying that I could access old missions, but there appeared some issues (copied from earlier comments):

    1) Can't quick link to a character by clicking on their picture on the upper left
    2) Graphic to Burn's money mountain reverted to level 1 and I can't click on it.
    3) All characters I unlocked in Springfield heights are now locked again.
    4) Friendship level reverted back to 1.
    5) The tap radius (IRS) has been set to level 1

    I have submitted this issue to the EA, but they have deleted my "case" without an answer. As I am not a resident in the US or Canada, I can't contact them directly (a phone call or a live chat). Today I have submitted my request again, hoping that they would at least write me an answer.

    Honestly I am quite desperate, because the game is unplayable. I tried everything (clearing cache, uninstalling, etc.). Do you have any idea how to contact EA in a different way than email (from EU)?
  • Katik91
    https://help.ea.com/uk/contact-us/
    this is the EU link for EA assistance ask for a call back and speak to a live rep. Good luck.
  • mareagle
    16 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    katik91 wrote: »
    Honestly I am quite desperate, because the game is unplayable. I tried everything (clearing cache, uninstalling, etc.). Do you have any idea how to contact EA in a different way than email (from EU)?

    Hi katik,

    and welcome to this weird bug club. This is slowly growing to epidemic.

    I got this same thing solved just a few moments ago. It all started Sunday night, and I contacted EA via email right away (I'm from EU also). It took them a little over 72 hrs to get back to me, but after couple of messages they did a roll back to Saturday. So i guess you just have to try to be patient and wait a few days.

    Please don't be desperate, they will eventually fix your town. And in the mean time, you can continue playing and collecting money and donuts. Just don't spend those donuts now, since you'll most likely will lose those items with roll back. I got almost everything back, only The Shinning is no longer available.

    Thanks to EA's Specialists who helped me.

    Edit; I just got my Shinning Hotel and Maze back, by a very lovely Specialist. I think that's so awesome, it deserves to be mentioned.
  • Aaaand it happened again to me, just a few minutes ago. I don't believe my luck.
  • It just hit me. great. Guess I will call EA and see how long this takes to be fixed.
  • mareagle wrote: »
    katik91 wrote: »
    Honestly I am quite desperate, because the game is unplayable. I tried everything (clearing cache, uninstalling, etc.). Do you have any idea how to contact EA in a different way than email (from EU)?

    Hi katik,

    and welcome to this weird bug club. This is slowly growing to epidemic.

    I got this same thing solved just a few moments ago. It all started Sunday night, and I contacted EA via email right away (I'm from EU also). It took them a little over 72 hrs to get back to me, but after couple of messages they did a roll back to Saturday. So i guess you just have to try to be patient and wait a few days.

    Please don't be desperate, they will eventually fix your town. And in the mean time, you can continue playing and collecting money and donuts. Just don't spend those donuts now, since you'll most likely will lose those items with roll back. I got almost everything back, only The Shinning is no longer available.

    Thanks to EA's Specialists who helped me.

    Edit; I just got my Shinning Hotel and Maze back, by a very lovely Specialist. I think that's so awesome, it deserves to be mentioned.

    the rolling back to fix it is why I haven't done much since it hit me Friday but I am getting concerned with Act 2 being live now about falling far behind. But that they helped you gives me a bit of hope.
  • I have the same issue. I got a bunch of screens for past events including the one from Puerto Rico and after closing all of the.m, my game now is a mess.

    I can't go to the characters by clicking on the icon at the top left. Doesn't work for any of them.
    The radio us has shrank to the minum.
    The Mountain of money resettled to the minimum. Was already finished.
    I am getting shoes from the claw main. I finishe'd that event and got all the prizes,
    I am getting ribbons from the tire pit and some other building. Finished the event ang got all the prizes already.
    The rail yard stopped working.
    One Night Stand building stopped giving crosswalks
    Probably something else,but my Springfield is too big and lots of premium stuff that probably I haven't noticed yet. Also, visiting neighbors give me very little event currency.

    This glitch needs to be fixed.
  • I should add that my friendship level has been rested to 1. Maybe the reason I don't get enough event currency.
  • vivipch665 wrote: »
    I have the same issue. I got a bunch of screens for past events including the one from Puerto Rico and after closing all of the.m, my game now is a mess.

    I can't go to the characters by clicking on the icon at the top left. Doesn't work for any of them.
    The radio us has shrank to the minum.
    The Mountain of money resettled to the minimum. Was already finished.
    I am getting shoes from the claw main. I finishe'd that event and got all the prizes,
    I am getting ribbons from the tire pit and some other building. Finished the event ang got all the prizes already.
    The rail yard stopped working.
    One Night Stand building stopped giving crosswalks
    Probably something else,but my Springfield is too big and lots of premium stuff that probably I haven't noticed yet. Also, visiting neighbors give me very little event currency.

    This glitch needs to be fixed.

    You're going to want to contact EA support as soon as possible. The fix will be to roll back your account to the last time it wasn't broken. Good luck.
  • Lifewoos wrote: »
    mareagle wrote: »
    katik91 wrote: »
    Honestly I am quite desperate, because the game is unplayable. I tried everything (clearing cache, uninstalling, etc.). Do you have any idea how to contact EA in a different way than email (from EU)?

    Hi katik,

    and welcome to this weird bug club. This is slowly growing to epidemic.

    I got this same thing solved just a few moments ago. It all started Sunday night, and I contacted EA via email right away (I'm from EU also). It took them a little over 72 hrs to get back to me, but after couple of messages they did a roll back to Saturday. So i guess you just have to try to be patient and wait a few days.

    Please don't be desperate, they will eventually fix your town. And in the mean time, you can continue playing and collecting money and donuts. Just don't spend those donuts now, since you'll most likely will lose those items with roll back. I got almost everything back, only The Shinning is no longer available.

    Thanks to EA's Specialists who helped me.

    Edit; I just got my Shinning Hotel and Maze back, by a very lovely Specialist. I think that's so awesome, it deserves to be mentioned.

    the rolling back to fix it is why I haven't done much since it hit me Friday but I am getting concerned with Act 2 being live now about falling far behind. But that they helped you gives me a bit of hope.

    Got fixed about an hour ago via a rollback to last Thursday but everything is back to normal now. The support people were nice and once they determined that solution it wasn't long after I replied that it was okay to do it that it was done.
  • Just got this bug AGAIN. It is impossible to play this game when you can't access the characters. Happened to me just before the previous event as well. About to give up for good.
  • Just got this bug AGAIN. It is impossible to play this game when you can't access the characters. Happened to me just before the previous event as well. About to give up for good.


    Okay, so now there are at least two of us who has caught this bug twice. What is this thing?

    I've now waited for 6 days without further contact from EA. First round was quite fast, and things seemed to happen (after the initial 72hr wait), but waiting just for a contact is boring, since there's no point playing at the moment. I tried for a few days, and I noticed that all the donuts I collected vanished in a couple of hours. So now there's that also.


  • mareagle wrote: »
    Just got this bug AGAIN. It is impossible to play this game when you can't access the characters. Happened to me just before the previous event as well. About to give up for good.


    Okay, so now there are at least two of us who has caught this bug twice. What is this thing?

    I've now waited for 6 days without further contact from EA. First round was quite fast, and things seemed to happen (after the initial 72hr wait), but waiting just for a contact is boring, since there's no point playing at the moment. I tried for a few days, and I noticed that all the donuts I collected vanished in a couple of hours. So now there's that also.


    Was there anything that you lost when they rolled you back that you then re-did? I am just curious because the only big thing I did before I got hit with it was finish the Dam so I decided to not re-do it just in case there was a connection to that. I can't imagine a lot of people have built the Dam which is why I fixated on it as a possible connection.

    I hope they get your accounts fixed soon because it is unplayable in that state.
  • Lifewoos wrote: »
    mareagle wrote: »
    Just got this bug AGAIN. It is impossible to play this game when you can't access the characters. Happened to me just before the previous event as well. About to give up for good.


    Okay, so now there are at least two of us who has caught this bug twice. What is this thing?

    I've now waited for 6 days without further contact from EA. First round was quite fast, and things seemed to happen (after the initial 72hr wait), but waiting just for a contact is boring, since there's no point playing at the moment. I tried for a few days, and I noticed that all the donuts I collected vanished in a couple of hours. So now there's that also.

    Was there anything that you lost when they rolled you back that you then re-did? I am just curious because the only big thing I did before I got hit with it was finish the Dam so I decided to not re-do it just in case there was a connection to that. I can't imagine a lot of people have built the Dam which is why I fixated on it as a possible connection.

    I hope they get your accounts fixed soon because it is unplayable in that state.

    I have the dam and have not experienced this bug.

  • I still have no mythical pests to tap.
    I missed out on the entire act 1
    Does anyone have the Canadian contact??
    It’s really starting to bug me. No pun intended
    I was hoping a patch was coming before the end of act one but alas it did not.
    Any help would be appreciated
  • mareagle
    16 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Lifewoos wrote: »
    Was there anything that you lost when they rolled you back that you then re-did? I am just curious because the only big thing I did before I got hit with it was finish the Dam so I decided to not re-do it just in case there was a connection to that. I can't imagine a lot of people have built the Dam which is why I fixated on it as a possible connection.

    I hope they get your accounts fixed soon because it is unplayable in that state.


    Yes, I did re-buy 'Suzanne the Witch' and 'Walking Kwik-E-Mart' that were lost by rollback. Also I got 'The Shinning Hotel and Maze' back by EA Specialist, even that it was no longer in The Store.

    Other than those, I didn't have much time to repeat anything before the bug hit me again. Just normal playing, trying to get to the last prize (Unicorn) for a second time.

    Still nothing from support. Last contact was week ago from that lovely Specialist who said that this was now escalated to Expert Team, and to wait for a contact from them.

    Edit; FWIW, I also had the Dam already.
  • mareagle wrote: »
    Still nothing from support. Last contact was week ago from that lovely Specialist who said that this was now escalated to Expert Team, and to wait for a contact from them.

    It's been 17 days now, and I haven't heard a peep out of these Experts. This is silly.

    How about you @twinpack577? Or any others who caught this bug?
  • same problems here:
    1) Can't quick link to a character by clicking on their picture on the upper left
    2) Graphic to Burn's money mountain reverted to level 1 and I can't click on it.
    3) All characters I unlocked in Springfield heights are now locked again.
    4) Friendship level reverted back to 1.
    5) The tap radius (IRS) has been set to level 1
    support doent/cant/want help... any ideas??
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!