EA Forums - Banner

Spam threads

Replies

• Hey guys, I'm glad you're able to flag these posts and remove them but maybe message a mod so we can find the the thread and remove the user. When you flag it, it doesn't remove the user leaving them free to spam again. I was looking for the flagged thread and it took me a while to find it. For some random things I suppose you wouldn't need to contact us but this bot is perpetual. Even leaving a link to the user's profile here would be helpful. Thanks!

Sorry about that, I forgot to tell you, I was so excited to be able to mark the posts as spam.

• Quick question to be clear, where do we get the user info link? By clicking their name and sending that or can I just send their profile name to a mod?
    With everyone else, just want to tos trolls back under the bridge. Or bus >:)
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • johncolombo
    11006 posts Senior Moderator
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Ok that was easy. Lol when I look at the URL I thought it would copy that way "forums.ea.com"
    Didn't realize it actually copies the profile I'm on :) thanks
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/profile/discussions/johncolombo
  • johncolombo
    Ok that was easy. Lol when I look at the URL I thought it would copy that way "forums.ea.com"
    Didn't realize it actually copies the profile I'm on :) thanks
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/profile/discussions/johncolombo

:D
  • johncolombo
    the spam filter may learn from you all marking it as spam, but as I mod I was instructed to take 2 more steps so I'd like to be able to find the profile more quickly.
  • 168sean168
    3141 posts Member
    Ok @johncolombo . But they will always use new ID. So we PM you with user profile link. Should we still flag the spam?
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    Ok @johncolombo . But they will always use new ID. So we PM you with user profile link. Should we still flag the spam?

Well, as a former mod on another site, the spam posts stick out like a sore thumb if you know how to use the appropriate filters etc
  • 168sean168 wrote: »

I would. As I said before 5 flags and it goes away.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • johncolombo
    168sean168 wrote: »

I would. As I said before 5 flags and it goes away.

whatever is easiest for all of you, it's really not that big a deal. I'm around a lot so you could always message me after you flag it so I can get to it before it vanishes or find it easier with a link. Give me some time to figure out which is better. I'd like to be able to delete/ban the bot posts so that particular bot can't spam us again. But I didn't mean to make it into a big deal. And it's not against the rules not to message us if that makes since. It was just a request on my part.
  • John,
    Just let us know whatever is going to be the most efficient and easist/best way for you ttodeal with this problem. As it stands right now, that seems to be a combination of flagging and sending you a link to the offenders profile. Please correct me if Ive got it wrong, if there is a better way Iknow I would do it. I started this thread with 1 thing in mind: gettting rid of these spam threads and similar ****.

We all definitely want the same thing, your in a better position to make it happen as you know the ins and out of it better, so I guess it boils down to what works best for you. Let us know so we can go forth and spread the good word ;)
  • spritals148
    1826 posts Member
    Also, none of us seem to mind chatting it out.
    How many pages did the Dont respond thread compile? :p :D >:)
  • Also, none of us seem to mind chatting it out.

Talk about a thread that needed to be flagged...
  • spritals148
    1826 posts Member
    Also, none of us seem to mind chatting it out.

Talk about a thread that needed to be flagged...

No!!! I thought it was hilarious! Didn't you get the memo? It's all about me. >:)
  • johncolombo
    John,
    Just let us know whatever is going to be the most efficient and easist/best way for you ttodeal with this problem. As it stands right now, that seems to be a combination of flagging and sending you a link to the offenders profile. Please correct me if Ive got it wrong, if there is a better way Iknow I would do it. I started this thread with 1 thing in mind: gettting rid of these spam threads and similar ****.

We all definitely want the same thing, your in a better position to make it happen as you know the ins and out of it better, so I guess it boils down to what works best for you. Let us know so we can go forth and spread the good word ;)

Why don't you all continue to do it the way you have been doing it then. It seems easier and the software is written for you to use it that way. I guess as long as it gets into the spam folder that's better than having it clutter up for the forum.

It looks like this thread is your alert system. When the first person posts about spam just add the user profile here so there's a record if any mods want to look at it later. That would also be a shortcut for you all to find the spam and flag so it's a win for everyone.

Click on spam user name. Then copy and paste:

Is everyone ok with this?

• spritals148
    1826 posts Member
    That's a great idea. We'll have to bump it periodically or it will be lost in the void that is yesterday's threads :)
    I do like the record part though, might see patterns that way as well.
  • johncolombo
    If you loose it you can start another one. It doesn't happen that often and I can always merge them later if I notice to many.
  • Muhsterino
    4133 posts Member
    @johncolombo That's a great idea. I have this thread bookmarked and have bumped it a couple of times to get rid of spam posts previously.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Muhsterino
    4133 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    @johncolombo
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/profile/discussions/jksadhkj01
    Can everyone flag the spam threads by the above person. Thanks all!
    Post edited by Muhsterino on
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • If something is clearly SPAM, like those Chinese posts offering University degrees, I think 5 people flagging it as spam is fas
    Muhsterino wrote: »
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/profile/discussions/jksadhkj01
    Can everyone flag the spam threads by the above person. Thanks all!

I flagged every one as spam, I was number 4, now we need a 5th person.