EA Forums - Banner

Dragon Ball Super

Cut to the chase, what can we expect now? (so many spoilers ahead)

For those who are unaware or don't know what DBS is: Dragon Ball Super is the sequel of Dragon Ball Z (Forget Dragonball GT even existed, zip, done, nope, never happened) a lot of people refer to it as a Dragon Ball Z fan-fiction come true.

the whole thing just goes from crazy to insane in a sliding scale of epicness and crazy awesome.

1st Arc introduces the God of Destruction, Beerus and a new form, Super Saiyan God.

2nd Arc introduces the resurrection of Frieza, as well as his new form Golden Frieza oAm7NbN.gif

3rd Arc Universe 6 vs Universe 7, the universe that Goku is in is universe 7, the gods of both these universe decide to hold a tournament against each other using their universes prospective fighters, we meet a version of saiyan that saves planets instead of attacking them, an alternative version of Frieza, and an assassin that can skip (freeze?) time. We also see the return of Kaio-ken.
1930c6dcb4e708521532724bdbb2707d1c6ee44b_hq.gif
goku_ssj_blue_kaioken_gif_by_nerotsukihiko-da16frt.gif

4th Arc Future Trunks and Goku black, cliche i know but this one had me on the edge of my seat Goku vs Goku from the future who is evil as heck. No spoilers... it gets real good along with a super saiyan blue fusion.
NLn_CH.gif

5th the universal arc... thos one has it all, a female Broly, a cast of fighters from various universes in n 80 fighter battle royale featuring the z fightters against an array of **** kicking enemies.
tumblr_okx038hglT1ujwg5zo1_500.gif

Point is, we hit a threshold, currently Frieza and his universe 6 counterpart are plotting together. Of course you got the female Broly, the little jab (or shout out) to Gt in the saiyaman part...in the end all i could think is, what next?
180?cb=20170115043056

You've done most things, yes we still have 4 universe that Goku can fight, but at this point i feel like its all downhill from here.

i need my fix, what can they do that will still be this awesome?

Replies

• 168sean168
    3788 posts Member
    I read the manga. I forgot where I stopped but goku has a halo on his head and he is in heaven . He has a son too. Didn't watch the tv series but I watched the movie where he battles a rabbit god
  • I just started dvr'ing this and the rest of the Adult Swim Saturday night anime block. Should I watch DBZ before DBS?

The only one I've started watching is Attack on Titan which is so freaking creepy. They eat people?!?! WTefF?

attack-on-titan-titans-eating-people.gif?resize=400%2C225
  • 168sean168
    3788 posts Member
    I just started dvr'ing this and the rest of the Adult Swim Saturday night anime block. Should I watch DBZ before DBS?

The only one I've started watching is Attack on Titan which is so freaking creepy. They eat people?!?! WTefF?

attack-on-titan-titans-eating-people.gif?resize=400%2C225

I watched the human acted Attack on Titans. The Giants are really very scary. I have not read the manga nor watched the anime though. I heard that fans were not happy with the human acted movies
  • I didn't realize there was a live action movie. Creepy!!!

• 168sean168
    3788 posts Member
    I didn't realize there was a live action movie. Creepy!!!

HfcM3k1.jpg

It comes as two movies and it is in Japanese. I am quite entertained by it
  • sjsebayacc131
    2074 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    @168sean168

I watched the trailer. That skinless titan freaks me out. Such a disturbing plot.

You didn't answer my original question.

Should I watch DBZ before DBS?
  • 168sean168
    3788 posts Member
    @168sean168

I watched the trailer. That skinless titan freaks me out. Such a disturbing plot.

Oh I am not that familiar with the Dragonball Cartoons. I only read the Manga documenting his childhood all the way to his adulthood and then to his son.
  • sjsebayacc131
    2074 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    @168sean168

Haha! Oh shoot! I'm sorry!!! :D:D:D

raw

@someonewashere was the OP talking about DBS.

• 168sean168 wrote: »
    I read the manga. I forgot where I stopped but goku has a halo on his head and he is in heaven . He has a son too. Didn't watch the tv series but I watched the movie where he battles a rabbit god

Dragonball super is a continuation of that movie,
    Dragon ball Z is what happened prior to this (after he has a son)
    Dragonball is the story of Goku as a young boy, his training and ascent into adulthood.

If you havent watched any of them, than suffice it to say, you'll be lost or not understand certain aspects of the story, one can start DBZ however this is a long running series.
    Dragon ball (the one where he is a child) has 153 episodes alone.
    Dragon ball z (the continuation of this, Goku is a young adult, Gohan is born, etc) is 276 ep.
    Dragon Ball super is currently on episode 96 (i've been waiting for the current universal arc for almost 50 weeks, back during episode 40)

However an "Abridged Z" Version is available known as Dragon Ball Kai (DBZ but most chapters are reduced, a cleaner edit.etc.) the count is about 170 episodes?

So.......unless you got some extra time..... The greater issue here, is what you guys want to watch. I can't really help in that department.
    I somewhat recently, got into anime ( watched Speed Racer back in the day) however was reintroduced into it with Space Dandy and looking into DBZ (i watch DB back in grade school , cause everyone was talking about it, they were talking about DBZ and eventually GT, so i was always lost, and therefore gave it up)
    If your looking for a specific Genre or type of anime or manga, i can look it up. Currently reading a Light novel about undead, pretty good but dont know if youd want to read that...
  • I like Gantz. Have you guys watched the real human movies ? Got two of them and then recently an animation. I like all of them. I read the manga too. Like the earlier stories. It got super messy towards the end.
  • dragon ball super was pretty amazing as compared to other series, It's been an year now since dbs ended, I'm currently watching dragon ball super dubbed from episode 1 and believe me the dubbed voices are far more better than those in the subbed.

I think you people also heard about the new dragon ball series? If not then it is a promotional anime series which is named as super dragon ball heroes and two episodes have been released till now, each episode it of 8 minutes and the story is about prison planet, not going to tell anymore you can just go and watch it <3:D

There is also a new movie coming ahead in December which is about Broly, yup you heard it right broly is canon now, forget all those movies of broly you watched earlier they are releasing a movie which has a whole new story not connected to the previous ones. It will be of 90 minutes, you can watch the dubbed trailer on youtube :D thank me later!
  • @168sean168

I suddenly remembered something, Attack on Titan also used Battleship Island (Hashima) for some of the scenes. I recently watched a Korean film, Battleship Island
  • @farizhussain1223

My super Saiyan figure.

9SiawZr.jpg
  • why did Dragonball GT never happen?
  • According to the recent Dragon ball heroes series (promotional tie in) it did happen, but in a parallel universe....

So technically it didn't happen.