EA Forums - Banner

iPhone turns 10 Today

Prev13
How did we live without this technology?!! What was your first mobile? I carried one of these and thought I was so cool. :D Every time I turned a corner, I lost reception.
5l1cvm.jpg
DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!

Replies

• Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_112398.jpg
    then
    IMG_20140902_111627.jpg
  • Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_112398.jpg
    then
    IMG_20140902_111627.jpg

I had both of these @LawrenceCohen1 except the cans were corn niblets. Green beans are icky! :no_mouth:
  • Niblets rule!!
    334hhd2.gif
    "Can you hear me now?"
  • johncolombo
    11065 posts Senior Moderator
    edited June 2017
    I'm pretty sure this was my first cell phone. I got one when they first came out.
    di1mjr1cr56x.jpg
    and this was our first and only phone when I was a kid
    gmhiwpck51ds.jpg
    It was on the wall in the kitchen. Weird.

Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • ^^And remember how awesome it was to get that phone out and extend the antenna?!! Felt like James Bond. :D The first flips were even more fun! (Beam me up!)
  • johncolombo
    ^^And remember how awesome it was to get that phone out and extend the antenna?!! Felt like James Bond. :D The first flips were even more fun! (Beam me up!)

I was looking for the like button and almost flagged you by accident.
    :D
  • 168sean168
    3244 posts Member
    My First Hp I believed was purchased back in 1999 and it is the Nokia 8210. It is my most favorite phone and I have two other color covers for it. It is so small and compact and it is first time I use a handphone. Got good memories of it.
    Oi6PrFQ.png

My second Hp is Nokia 7250. This is the first Hp I have that has video recording and photo taking capabilities. However I didnt make full use of it as I am too embarrassed to ask someone to take photo with me.
    fHbEB0v.jpg

My third Hp is Nokia N95. This handphone really blew me away with its audio and video capabilities. When I brought this hp to China, a waitress there was so amazed that she gave me her contact number. Handphones market in China have not developed then in China.

q9KCM9t.jpg

My next Hp is Iphone 3GS. There was a lot of hype over Apple Phone and I decided to try one after I saw a colleague brandishing his Iphone. The sweeping capabilities and the gaming seemed very innovative.
    However I am disappointed with its audio and video and photo taking. I seemed to have downgraded myself from the Nokia N95. Also I disliked how itunes is controlling everything. This handphone caused me to stop playing TSTO back in 2013. Because the game cannot update unless I did an IOS update. But I did not have a working PC to run itunes. Using this phone enabled me to purchase the Mapple building in TSTO which was only available on the IOS back then.

6A19SR4.jpg

After iphone 3GS gave me a white screen death, I switched to a Andriod phone. I got myself a value added purchase, Xiaomi M3W. And I use their online purchase platform. It has very high specifications back then. When I play TSTO on it, I was amazed how big and clear the screen was. And the game ran smoothly. However, being a relatively new player, the phone has firmware problems affecting the video recording audio. I am currently still using this phone after 2.5 years. I think it is on the verge of failing. Mic is down, power and volume buttons need to press hard to work, charging cable needs to be aligned at certain angle for charging. So I am on the look out for the next handphone. :frowning: Besides, each time a new update is needed in TSTO, I need to delete some apps.

bmKz0I3.jpg

• I remember when we had to actually talk to people on our phones. :#
  • I remember when we had to actually talk to people on our phones. :#

...and people seemed a bit more polite to each other :/
    k34wu1.gif
  • ^^And remember how awesome it was to get that phone out and extend the antenna?!! Felt like James Bond. :D The first flips were even more fun! (Beam me up!)

Does that count? If you get flagged by a Mod? :D
  • johncolombo
    edited June 2017
    ^^And remember how awesome it was to get that phone out and extend the antenna?!! Felt like James Bond. :D The first flips were even more fun! (Beam me up!)

Mods don't use flag. We use ban. I've often wondered what would happen if I banned myself if it would work.

Mods don't use flag. We use ban. I've often wondered what would happen if I banned myself if it would work.

There's only one way to find out!
  • johncolombo

There's only one way to find out!

I already took one for the team when I changed my animated gif to test that theory and we all see how that worked out. :/
  • My first mobile phone was an early-model Nokia clamshell. That thing lasted forever. I eventually replaced it with an iPhone and have stuck with Apple (mostly due to inertia) ever since.
  • @168sean168 Wow! Good memory..although those phones do seem like a friend sometimes. I hope you get the new phone that you wish for soon. @KrustyBrand That's devotion. ;)
  • @johncolombo Why is it that I can flag myself? :D
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    @KrustyBrand That's devotion. ;)

Well, I guess it’s devotion of a sort. When I first bought a smart phone, Apple was really the only game in town. Since then I’ve picked up an Apple laptop and tablet. I wouldn’t describe myself as tightly locked into the Apple ecosystem, but it would be at least a minor hassle to disentangle my stuff. I’ve had occasion over the years to use different Android devices and, quite honestly, they worked just fine — I’ve never understood the religious fervor that characterizes the devotion of some folks to either the Apple or Android camp.
  • 168sean168
    3244 posts Member
    @168sean168 Wow! Good memory..although those phones do seem like a friend sometimes. I hope you get the new phone that you wish for soon. @KrustyBrand That's devotion. ;)

18 years since I first own an hp. Based on the number of phones I had, about 3.6 years I changed once. Quite conservative right? I do not like to spend unnecessarily.
  • Green beans are icky! :no_mouth:

Well that's gone and ruined your Christmas present @maryclaire1 :#

685ea94f49a05bec3e876d6681763075.jpg
  • It's OK they do refunds, I've swapped it-

trash_can_funny_barely_there_iphone_6_case-r6c8db62a9cf444bea9e19c42d3db2881_zz3x1_324.jpg?rlvnet=1