Replies

• elninoo1989
    29 posts
    edited October 2012
    Great tip. Thanks!
  • OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited October 2012
    What good are treats? I built the two cemetaries, but I've done nothing with them since. I have 130 of them.
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    You're welcome! Glad that helped a couple of you! :D OrdealByFire, the treats are the currency used to purchase some of the Halloween buildings once they're unlocked (the non-premium Halloween buildings). They'll be unlocked in a series of quests that begin after Mayan Homer completes a few of his special Mayan tasks. You'll want to be hoarding those treats, as I've heard that some of the special buildings will require a lot of them. ;)
  • OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited October 2012
    I unlocked Mayan Homer, but his sacrifice quest won't be done until morning.
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    It's the same for me, Ordeal. He was actually ready for that mission much earlier, but I decided not to set it in motion until tonight, so he can do it as I sleep. I'm not sure what the next mission will be for us in the morning, but I hope it's only the four-hour one, ha, before we begin our first building quest. Others here know, but not me. I heard that the first building will only cost about 50 treats, and other buildings might cost 300, but I'm not sure on that. Again, not there yet. ;)
  • OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited October 2012
    So long as I can just get all of the buildings before November 1st >:[
  • clint307
    6 posts
    edited October 2012
    So far the first building was 50 treats its the super collier, the next is 100 treats its the evil store, the dream house is what I am currently saving for which is 150 treats. That's 250 to get thru half the building. Everyone keep saving, you will need them. Great tip. Thanks.
  • nixandarcee
    57 posts
    edited October 2012
    mayan homer quests:

part 1 - 1 hour eat corn quest
    part 2 - 12 hour sacrifice quest
    part 3 - 4 hour enact mayan apocalypse quest

after doing the last quest make sure lisa is free of any quests to unlock the black hole part 1 quest which will ask you to make the super collider for 50 treats
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    Sure, clint! And thanks for the info! I'm so glad to hear they're not all going to be 300 after that first one! I have about 200 saved now, so it looks like I'm good for the first couple of buildings. Big relief! :)

And thanks, nix! I was hoping it was going to be the 4-hour task I'd have up next! Very helpful to know about Lisa, too! :D
  • nixandarcee
    57 posts
    edited October 2012
    yep, no worries

im actually doing the black hole part 1 step now and wont use donuts to speed up the collider (it just takes 8 hours) so just to be on the safe side, i asked everyone to do 8 hour jobs in case one of them is needed for the next part (except for homer which i do the 1 hour maize eating quest to get at least a treat per hour so i should be getting 8 free treats before the collider is built aside from squishing the zombies and other ways to get the treats). i have an idea that you may need marge and the kids to be free of jobs after the collider but not sure yet, will update later after the collider is built.

as for the treat tip, i didn't know that you can exit and re-enter your neighbor to replenish the graveyard, cool, will be doing that to all my neighbors. i know october has 31 days and we're still at the 8th but it will be good if we can get all halloween items before the 20th at least to be on the safe side (not counting the premium ones as i don't know yet if you will really need witch marge for a quest which is quite unfair but i read in some posts she is needed, maybe she'll just morph one time, not sure, no one replying to my other questions yet)

here's the link for a more detailed thread regarding the halloween steps:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/30/9023715.page
  • julesg007
    374 posts
    edited October 2012
    Great tip, sort of knew about it but after raiding the cemetery's I'd go and graffiti one of the buildings, but that might stop now :wink:

Best I saw was one friend had both cemetery's and 6 mausoleums and they were all ready to pay out!

Just a shame you're not guaranteed a treat, or TP or eggs it's a random thing, same goes with egging and TP'ing and cleaning your own Springfield
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited October 2012
    If you see bad dream house in your friend's springfield, and it's available for collection, it gives out a treat and xp! 1 or 2 of my friends have it and I clicked on it. It has a candy floating above it instead of the usual floating money sign, cash register or money. Just to share with everyone. :)
  • julesg007
    374 posts
    edited October 2012
    Mellytan, thanks for the tip, just found that out myself as I too saw a floating Halloween treat. I have just managed to get 3 treats but tapping, leaving and returning.

Same applies to the House of Evil and possibly Heck House but not yet seen that in any of my friends Springfields.

So to re-cap, TP, eggs or treats can be obtained when tapping cash above both cemetery's or a mausoleum, the candy above Bad Dream House or House of Evil and possibly Heck House (if anyone can confirm please do so) and when TP'ing or egging and cleaning these up in your own Springfield and of course completing quests using your Halloween characters always gets you 1 treat per quest.

Thus far I have collected over 350 treats and lost count of the eggs and TP collected and chucked around!
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited October 2012
    No problem! :) I think it may not be so for the heck house because it's just a facade for the church....Or maybe it is different when the facade is on and off...

Hmmm..Anybody can confirm this??

• JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    Thanks, Mellytan! I wasn't looking for those before, but I'll be scanning for them now. :)
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    Not sure about the church, as I'm not there yet (I just got Devil Flanders), but everyone else is saying that it is just a building skin.
  • mogibbins
    37 posts
    edited October 2012
    So lemme get this right, if someone hasn't collected on a graveyard then you can go their town and see the zombies walking around like in ur own town and tap them as normal? Do u still get 10 for each graveyard and 15 for each moz? Also if someone does this on ur town does this prevent you from killing the zombies yourself? Do they effectively steal them from you?
  • julesg007
    374 posts
    edited October 2012
    Mogibbins

Unfortunately you've not quite understood things.

When you visit other Springfields you won't see zombies walking around, what we are saying is that when you visit other Springfields, the cemetery's and mausoleums act like other buildings and generate cash. If you see cash floating above them you can tap on it like any other cash, however, in this case you may also get a bonus of toilet paper, eggs or treats.

In the case of either the House of Evil (which looks like a shop) or the Dream House (like a haunted old mansion) you may see extra large treats (carved pumpkins) floating above them and if you do you can tap on them like you would cash, tills menus etc to collect cash and XP as normal but again you may get a bonus Halloween item.

Getting bonus Halloween items is random and as you can collect 3 times, if you collect on say just one item you can leave and go back 3 times.

At this stage we are not sure about the House of Heck, which is the church with a sign or facade added to it.

Hope all is clear now.
  • mogibbins
    37 posts
    edited October 2012
    Ah yes thanks a lot, I was wondering why I wasn't seeing zombies in anyone else's town lol
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    That was nicely explained, julesg. :)

I have something else to add (julesg007, you're keen on this info. already). If you create a secondary game, it only takes about 30 minutes to get through the basic tutorial, and once completed, the Halloween update immediately kicks in (I just did this about an hour ago). *Bam!*, you get to set up your two graveyards on the new game, and have freshly hatching zombies. Collect the eggs and tp rolls from them. Friend yourself (your main game). Visit your main game and use all of those goodies there. I had lots of extra donuts leftover from the tutorial (and from the Myan riddle which you now get to put together immediately, since the special has already aired), and I used those donuts to buy the Halloween Mystery Boxes (2 donuts each) to stock up on even more eggs/tp to trash my place. So on my main game, I can clean these up and get a bunch of extra candies every day, simply by quickly logging in to my other game twice a day.

I happen to have two different devices, so set up my secondary game on my phone (my main is on my iPad) for ease, but you shouldn't require two devices. All you do is log out of Origin when you open your game, then opt to create a new account. I used a different email address, created a new screen name, and wasn't even asked to verify through email, so it went pretty quickly. The only real pain, is that you'd have to keep logging out and in again to switch between games. That's why it's better to use two devices if that's an option for you.

I should probably edit that into the first post too.

Oh, and I did notice that while I can't see zombies from on my main game from my secondary, I was able to see my zombified characters (e.g Bart, etc., who had been bitten). :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!