EA Forums - Banner

Why isn't there any Bart only storylines?

shoskin
99 posts Member
Like many of us, we've been playing this game from the beginning and to my recollection there has never been a Bart only quest. Look at Lisa, she has 10 separate character's to Barts four. He's not even helping with the dig site.

So I asking EA to make a Bart only storyline with no Lisa envolvement. No condescending comments. No impute. Nothing. Just let her wonder around like Bart does.

When I was younger we didn't wear Lisa shirts. Bring Bart back.

Replies

• 89t6q4-l-610x610-t+shirt-simpsons-shirt-loser-cute-lisa+simpsons-jeans-white-white+crop+tops-cartoon-tumblr+shirt-loser+shirt-cute+summer+outfits.jpg

yes we did.
  • shoskin
    99 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm sorry, no one in '89 or the early 90s wore Lisa shirts. Bart was the star. Plus yout shirt came from 2009 so it really doesn't count. However this still doesn't answer my post on why everything is Lisa centric. Even Marge is ignored. I'm just asking for a little variety.

I could post my Bart Simpson shirt "Underachiever, and proud of it." But I'm being lazy and I don't want to.

• shoskin
    99 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Dang fat fingers...
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I think it has more to do with the level they are introduced. Homer and Lisa are the first characters, so if they start events then everybody can play right away.
  • shoskin
    99 posts Member
    meinaz wrote: »
    I think it has more to do with the level they are introduced. Homer and Lisa are the first characters, so if they start events then everybody can play right away.

But why doesn't Bart have any task or part in themes like the one now?

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    shoskin wrote: »

My best guess is that they felt other characters fit the theme better. Bart would probably not be one to help at an excavation site.
  • Good point. Also, why aren't there any secondary character themes? Nothing big, but little short ones where these characters get more tasks or outfits to run around in. I guess I would also like to see them out running around more instead of in the Brown House doing tasks. It makes it more interesting to see them on the streets doing something instead of inside a house or business.
  • jerry4278 wrote: »
    Good point. Also, why aren't there any secondary character themes? Nothing big, but little short ones where these characters get more tasks or outfits to run around in. I guess I would also like to see them out running around more instead of in the Brown House doing tasks. It makes it more interesting to see them on the streets doing something instead of inside a house or business.

More programming needed for an animated task so easier and quicker to use the Brown house, but what really does get to me a bit is all the one time animation of buildings and characters that we see during events, what a waste of time and effort to program a sometimes awesome animation for it to be on screen for 15 seconds and then never been seen again, If I had spent all that time creating a work of art I'd be frustrated by it being just a one off viewing.
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    because you don't get Bart until later on in the game, whereas you start with Homer and Lisa. This appeals to newer players by making Homer and Lisa more inclusive
  • spritals148
    1826 posts Member
    More programming needed for an animated task so easier and quicker to use the Brown house, but what really does get to me a bit is all the one time animation of buildings and characters that we see during events, what a waste of time and effort to program a sometimes awesome animation for it to be on screen for 15 seconds and then never been seen again, If I had spent all that time creating a work of art I'd be frustrated by it being just a one off viewing. [/quote]

This.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • shoskin
    99 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Rosshk wrote: »
    because you don't get Bart until later on in the game, whereas you start with Homer and Lisa. This appeals to newer players by making Homer and Lisa more inclusive
    Just wondering how would this appeal to newer players? They could always give him better storylines. Lisa is in everything. I just find it kind of sad a that Bart has been downgraded, not only in the game but also the show itself. Yes, we get it, Lisa is a feminist, who loves nature and blah, blah.She's also a sexist, an egomaniac and a condensending a-hat. Plus Lady Gaga. I know it's just a game but I just would like to see the Bart parents disliked. The one who brought us "Eat my shorts".
  • shoskin
    99 posts Member

My best guess is that they felt other characters fit the theme better. Bart would probably not be one to help at an excavation site. [/quote]
    I agree

My best guess is that they felt other characters fit the theme better. Bart would probably not be one to help at an excavation site.

You're right. He problem dig up something and scare Skinner with it or sell the gems on the black market. Still it be something.
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    Rosshk wrote: »
    Just wondering how would this appeal to newer players? They could always give him better storylines. Lisa is in everything. I just find it kind of sad a that Bart has been downgraded, not only in the game but also the show itself. Yes, we get it, Lisa is a feminist, who loves nature and blah, blah.She's also a sexist, an egomaniac and a condensending a-hat. Plus Lady Gaga. I know it's just a game but I just would like to see the Bart parents disliked. The one who brought us "Eat my shorts".

Like I said, you don't get Bart until later in the game. That's why most events use characters that you get early on, so new players (without Bart or others) can still play the events without falling too far behind.
    And yeah, I'm sick of Lisa's dialogs as well.