EA Forums - Banner

Good neighbors

Prev1
Spray paint as many buildings as you can. That's about all there is to it.

Replies

• TheLadySimsalot
    339 posts
    edited March 2013
    Great! Now THAT'S making it simple! Thanks!

:D
  • NStanger91
    1358 posts New member
    edited March 2013
    Visit as often as you can :-)
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm new to TSTO, (level 15), & I'm trying to understand how to be a 'good neighbor'.

I've searched the forum a bit, & found some fairly conflicting views as well as some strong feelings on the matter. I don't want to hamper anyone's game or cause frustration for a fellow player.

Also, I check my game twice daily now, but i could miss a day or two sometimes. I'm not sure if that would make me a waste of time as a friend or not. I have spent no money so far, and don't know if I will.

So..,, I have a few friends but haven't tried to acquire others until I understand more.

Would someone give me some info about this please? Or perhaps direct me to someplace I could read more about it?

Thanks for reading.

A good neighbor is one that vandalizes. And during an update, sees to it that they help their neighbors gain whatever currency is available (treats, coins, hearts etc.)
  • cactusrob
    46 posts
    edited March 2013
    Also, if you see a dead crop (pale and flat) click to revive it.
  • P003htb
    947 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Being a bad neighbor is;

-not helping during events
    -not visiting
    -not vandilizing

Basically anything I do regarding neighbors.
  • TheLadySimsalot
    339 posts
    edited March 2013
    So, vandalizing, (spray painting), visiting as often as I can, trying to help with the seasonal promos like the hearts, and tapping wilted crops. I guess that I shouldn't tap mature crops then?

Also, is there some way I should have my buildings set on the opening screen that makes it better for me when people visit me?

And thank you all for your patience & time answering these basic newbie questions. At first I wasn't sure I'd commit to the game, but you guys are great.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Personally when people visit my town i prefer them to spray up my buildings and collect only from the brown houses or kwik e marts as they re-generate money alot quicker and doesnt affect my collection times :)

If people collect from the white & blue houses for example the times get all thrown out and then im having to collect at all different times.......really annoying lol

Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • mall07ry
    47 posts
    edited March 2013
    I mostly care about seasonal events personally.

Make sure you town is somewhat organized, I personally don't like house farms.
  • TheLadySimsalot
    339 posts
    edited March 2013
    Brown houses & kwik e marts. Check.

And I'm not a house farmer. That would be kind of boring, I think. Working on the organization, though. That's a lot of the fun for me.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Brown houses & kwik e marts. Check.

And I'm not a house farmer. That would be kind of boring for me, I think.

Brown house and Kwik e mart's is what i like people to tap but there are people out there who will / only want to tap the higher grossing buildings tho, personal preference i guess :)
  • TheLadySimsalot
    339 posts
    edited March 2013
    Why would they tap the higher grossing buildings? Also, yesterday I tapped a lemon tree & a mature crop. Did I do a bad thing?
  • azchristopher
    239 posts
    edited March 2013
    Why would they tap the higher grossing buildings? Also, yesterday I tapped a lemon tree & a mature crop. Did I do a bad thing?

Depends on how people collect. I tap at random times so personally I'd rather someone tap the higher grossing buildings so they cycle through quicker. You can't go wrong with spray painting since everyone needs that.

Tapping a ready to harvest crop or on the Channel 6 building doesn't help at all.

• TheLadySimsalot
    339 posts
    edited March 2013
    So I'll skip ready to harvest crops, but tap wilted ones, avoid Channel 6, spray paint whenever possible, & tap lower value places when I have no other choice to be safe.

Am I ready?
  • FreeWillUnit
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    You are going to see a lot of opposing opinions based on different perceptions of how the game works combined with different personal theories of play and a lot of OCD. (Some people will say you're bad if you only tap expensive buildings. Others will say you're bad if you only tap cheap buildings. Etc.)

Basically, don't sweat it. You won't be able to validate everyone's personal view of the universe. Visit, vandalize, and clean when you need to. It's all about reciprocity. If you visit regularly - especially during events - you're a good neighbor.
  • TheLadySimsalot
    339 posts
    edited March 2013
    Except some people like low value buildings & others like high value buildings tapped?
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    To be fair no one will know what you tap so won't make a great deal of difference lol
  • TheLadySimsalot
    339 posts
    edited March 2013
    Thanks, FreeWillUnit. I was on the brink of confusing myself, but hopefully I've got the basics down.

I have learned a lot, I think. I appreciate the help.
  • TheLadySimsalot
    339 posts
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, now that the hearts are over it's anonymous.., but still...

Doesn't take much more time to be helpful, except for the time asking all these questions! :D
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited March 2013

Doesn't take much more time to be helpful, except for the time asking all these questions! :D

TheLadySimsalot, I really appreciate and am impressed with how much care and consideration you are giving to being a good neighborino! :) I'm going to send you a friend request, feel free to accept or decline :)
  • JohnGalt85
    72 posts
    edited March 2013

TheLadySimsalot, I really appreciate and am impressed with how much care and consideration you are giving to being a good neighborino! :) I'm going to send you a friend request, feel free to accept or decline :)

Yeah, I gotta agree. If you want more friends simsalot, feel free to add me, I have one more space for a friend :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.