EA Forums - Banner

Multiplier %, when to stop?

Ratbag72
172 posts Member
So here's the general question, at what bonus % would you say the game becomes less enjoyable to play?

I've seen some say that it can take 10 minutes after collecting for the money to finish coming in, can't recall how high that % was though.

Trying to decide a balance between high % so don't have to play every 4 hours and not so high that it doesn't take ages to collect and is still enjoyable. Maybe a range? 500 to 1000%, 1000 to 1500, 1500 to 2000, 2000 to 3000? Etc. It's very subjective as we all play for different reasons, but was there a point your % was too high?
But my mum says I'm cool

Replies

• Originally i was going to stop or slow down around 1000%, but i still find myself short of donuts. So my next goal is 1500 and then probably stop buying all the random junk that has bonus%. Righr now at 1150% it does take a good 10 minutes to collect cash every 4 hours. So at 2000% i dont think i want to wait 20 minutes just for cash to finish collecting.
  • Ratbag72
    172 posts Member
    The other thing is this, those at 1000% who buy MB or Jet Bikes and get to 2000%, that's 10,000 donuts to go that 1000% extra (roughly), how long does it take to recover those 10,000 donuts PLUS the time for the extra you would have earned at just 1000%, is it worth it?
    But my mum says I'm cool
  • Mine is up to about 1500% and there's no hiding of items for the sake of having the multiplier. Everything I have is on show, and if it doesn't show then I have no problem moving or deleting it, and I LOVE 3/4 of my town. The rest is being worked on as and when the item limit is raised.

The high multiplier is why the recent Cecil prizes were so welcome for me; a reason to spend the money. I have approx 2.5bn and it's too much when there is less to spend it on - the things I want cost donuts, so I do turn the cash into donuts but there's still not enough to buy with cash. If I set my characters to 24hr tasks, collecting all the cash from them and the buildings goes through the XP bar three times (!), so that is 9 donuts and a little bit of cash spent to get the maximum. More land and more aspirationals would be good, but that will come along in time.. I'm sure players who have been with the game since the beginning or the first/second year (like me) have similar issues.
  • sflowers330
    644 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    What you'll see is that the higher you get the easier it gets. 0-1000 was a grind, 1000-2000 was pretty easy, 2000-3000 was pure pleasure, it just flies!

Everything after that is choice, what do you feel like doing?

For me, my goal was to open up the game so I wouldn't miss content anymore, also, afterwards I'd like not to have to grind anymore. So here I am at 4000%+, donuts come easy, 50ish a day for clearing my buildings. Large donut reserve, and nearing a billion cash.

Sitting back, enjoying content and working on my city.
  • I have got to just above 1500% and I'm more than happy with that although it has nothing to do with the amount of time to collect the cash as on my S8 it's virtually instant so no waiting needed, I decided to stop at this point as I earn enough cash ( frommy tiny house farm and other buildings etc. )to keep my donuts topped up to a reasonable amount ( on top of my monthly donuts purchase )also my game cash keeps increasing so I've enough to purchase any land released, I'm sure over time that my bonus will slowly increase with new mutiplier items that get released but no rush as I'm more than happy with my current percentage.
  • adruralo
    3277 posts Member
    I seem to be happy with 800%
    But a little more to 1000% I think I would be settled with that.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • Never.
  • That's one thing that was much better about the Family Guy game is that there was a button when you logged on that collected your cash all at once rather than having to scroll round the board and click everything.

The Simpsons game is way better in every other way than the Family Guy one by far, but that is one thing they had though that was a notch above Simpsons.
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    That's one thing that was much better about the Family Guy game is that there was a button when you logged on that collected your cash all at once rather than having to scroll round the board and click everything.

The Simpsons game is way better in every other way than the Family Guy one by far, but that is one thing they had though that was a notch above Simpsons.

I believe that is by design. The whole premise of TSTO is that it is a "tapping" game :)
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • tapebelt
    668 posts Member
    I have got to just above 1500% and I'm more than happy with that although it has nothing to do with the amount of time to collect the cash as on my S8 it's virtually instant so no waiting needed, I decided to stop at this point as I earn enough cash ( frommy tiny house farm and other buildings etc. )to keep my donuts topped up to a reasonable amount ( on top of my monthly donuts purchase )also my game cash keeps increasing so I've enough to purchase any land released, I'm sure over time that my bonus will slowly increase with new mutiplier items that get released but no rush as I'm more than happy with my current percentage.

this is where i've found myself content with the bonus for the moment as well. even got a little bit of a buffer with the item limit now, thank goodness.
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • Never.

^^^
    This. Never stop. Never satisfied.