EA Forums - Banner

Honoring Marcia? Deceased Event?

Prev1
CalumsCobra
78 posts Member
edited July 2017
A way to honor Marcia Wallace? She is the main reason I think these should all be put into a sincere, focused less on making money and more on honoring her. Perhaps the main focus could be Praiseland? I know thats a lot of shoveling of religion into a game, hell I myself am a athiest, but it's just a idea.

The event would be packed with items, characters and skins for deceased characters, such as Maude, Edna, Frank, Mona and many more. Maybe even a few graves for the previous Snowballs. Frank Grimes Ghost skin? Mona's ashes urn? Edna Krabappel vigil? The possibilities are endless.

This is a event that I think is necessary, not for the objects or skins.. but for Marcia.

Thanks for reading.
At level 65, started forums June 2017, add me if you want I'm on every day.

Replies

• simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    All I hear is ghost event. Yes.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • CalumsCobra
    78 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Well yes, but it'd mainly be in honor of Marcia. Of course it'd be packed with loads of stuff for many characters. Oh and ideally it'd be totally seperate from halloween stuff since it wouldn't just be ghosts in the event.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6269 posts Moderator
    As long as it finally gives us a regular alive skin for Maude, I'm in.

swsb_character_fact_maude_550x960.png
  • CalumsCobra
    78 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    As long as it finally gives us a regular alive skin for Maude, I'm in.

swsb_character_fact_maude_550x960.png

Awesome idea, something just as interesting.. Devil Maude.Dial_D_For_Diddly_(131).jpg
  • CalumsCobra
    78 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I can also think of a few outfits of Edna's, from some if her more happy moments.200_s.gif

gr.jpg

iwzn0lr57exaxrac2ost.jpg

Although remember, the main focus would be Marcia and honoring deceased characters. Not necessarily only through skins.
  • I gathered a list if some charactors this update should/could apply to:

Edna Krabappel
    Maude Flanders
    Grandma Flanders
    Mona Simpson
    Waylon Smithers, Sr
    Rabbi Krustofsky
    Snowball 1-3
    Coltrane

And of course there are many others, but personally I believe above all Edna should at least get some sort of monumental decoration/skin
  • Yea I agree. I would also like to see Phil Hartman honoured too.

I can honestly say I didn't know about Phil H. That just proves the point that this event needs to happen even more. He too should be honored. Thinking of ways now.

I can honestly say I didn't know about Phil H. That just proves the point that this event needs to happen even more. He too should be honored. Thinking of ways now.
    Maybe a statue of the deceased
  • Troy McClure and Lionel Hutz were his only regular characters, and neither are deceased. They were retired and occasionally made nonspeaking cameos.
  • Troy McClure and Lionel Hutz were his only regular characters, and neither are deceased. They were retired and occasionally made nonspeaking cameos.

I know but think it would be good to honour him like Marcia Wallace. Maybe it's about time we have his characters added to the game. And non speaking.
  • CalumsCobra
    78 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Ah I see what you mean, completely agree. The main goal of this idea is to honor Marcia Wallace and Phil, but also deceased characters. So maybe they could include the following:

Multiple Skins for Edna
    A vigil-like monument for Edna
    Troy McClure
    Lionel Hutz
    Mona Simpson Urn
    Young Mona Simpson Skin
    A human skin for Maude
    A Devil-Maude skin
    Graves for Snowballs 1-3 and Coltrane
    A graveyard full of graves for multiple deceased characters, including Grandma Flanders, Edna, Mona and Maude.
    And multiple other items to honor deceased characters along with Phil and Marcia.
  • Ah I see what you mean, completely agree. The main goal of this idea is to honor Marcia Wallace and Phil, but also deceased characters. So maybe they could include the following:

Multiple Skins for Edna
    Troy McClure
    Lionel Hutz
    Mona Simpson Urn
    Young Mona Simpson Skin
    A human skin for Maude
    A Devil-Maude skin
    A graveyard full of graves for multiple deceased characters, including Grandma Flanders, Edna, Mona and Maude.
    And multiple other items to honor deceased characters along with Phil and Marcia.
    I would like to have these and would pay donuts for them.
  • Same, I feel like a entire giant event dedicated to Marcia, Phil and deceased characters is 100% necessary at this point and I'd be honored to pay for any of the items I mentioned and anything else they throw towards us if they choose to go through with this idea.
  • I'd like an full event.
  • I'd like an full event.

I'd like to see it as more of a event of paying respect. You would only be able to get one of most items, since they are mostly skins, characters and graves for said characters. So I think it should just really be a short questline with people paying respect and having all of the objects, skins, characters, etc for sale in the store.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6269 posts Moderator
    Ah I see what you mean, completely agree. The main goal of this idea is to honor Marcia Wallace and Phil, but also deceased characters. So maybe they could include the following:

Multiple Skins for Edna
    Troy McClure
    Lionel Hutz
    Mona Simpson Urn
    Young Mona Simpson Skin
    A human skin for Maude
    A Devil-Maude skin

Add Lyle Lanley, Evan Conover & Moses to Phil Hartman's characters. Especially Lyle Lanley, since he was made a temporary playable character during the Monorial event.
  • Ah I see what you mean, completely agree. The main goal of this idea is to honor Marcia Wallace and Phil, but also deceased characters. So maybe they could include the following:

Multiple Skins for Edna
    Troy McClure
    Lionel Hutz
    Mona Simpson Urn
    Young Mona Simpson Skin
    A human skin for Maude
    A Devil-Maude skin

Add Lyle Lanley, Evan Conover & Moses to Phil Hartman's characters. Especially Lyle Lanley, since he was made a temporary playable character during the Monorial event.

Lyle Lanely definitely. Forgot he wasn't a permanent character in the game cause I literally just started the monorail last night.
  • JJR2112
    420 posts Member
    I’ll play devil’s advocate here. While I fully realize that the spirit of this suggestion is well intentioned and sweet, some may see it as a bit morbid and even an attempt to profit off of loss. The show was very delicate with Marcia’s passing and I suspect that the lack of Hartman’s presence in this game has a lot to do with his estate and the lawyers that look over it. That said, a tribute would still would still be nice as long as it’s sincere and in good taste (and probably should be 100% free).
    Now, an event strictly about all the characters who met their demise just for storyline purposes – that could be fun! Maybe for Halloween? It’s never brought up but Hans Moleman has to have died at least 50 times over the course of the show ;)
  • teo47
    944 posts Member

JJR2112 wrote: »
    I’ll play devil’s advocate here. While I fully realize that the spirit of this suggestion is well intentioned and sweet, some may see it as a bit morbid and even an attempt to profit off of loss. The show was very delicate with Marcia’s passing and I suspect that the lack of Hartman’s presence in this game has a lot to do with his estate and the lawyers that look over it. That said, a tribute would still would still be nice as long as it’s sincere and in good taste (and probably should be 100% free).

I think you hit the nail on the head here. The show did an almost perfect job of honoring Marcia Wallace after she passed away, and I don't see how a mobile app can do anything more given that her character is already in the game. I would love to see some Hartman characters added to the game in the future if that would be possible. However, to me it isn't about honoring anyone or showing respect for anyone but simply that those characters are an important part of the show's history.
    New neighbors always welcome!