EA Forums - Banner

Frink's Special Offer?

Prev1
CalumsCobra
78 posts Member
edited July 2017
image.jpg

1 Premium Character Mystery Box?

What'll that get me? I already have Blue Haired Lawyer, Squeacky Voiced Tren and Kearny.. which are everyone you can get from a mystery box. So will I just get nothing? Still new to this game and I honestly can't grasp the situation.

I'd appreciate it if everyone read and provided imput on the forum post linked in my signiture below!
At level 65, started forums June 2017, add me if you want I'm on every day.

Replies

• Frink's offer:
    1 premium character mystery box [Duffman & Duff Brewery, Frink & Frink's Lab, or Otto & School Bus]
    1 premium building mystery box [Aztec Theatre, Duff Stadium, or Try n' Save]
    10 day collider pack [10 days of 5x XP]
    150 donuts
    250,000 in-game cash

That's the deal.
  • Frink's offer:
    1 premium character mystery box [Duffman & Duff Brewery, Frink & Frink's Lab, or Otto & School Bus]
    1 premium building mystery box [Aztec Theatre, Duff Stadium, or Try n' Save]
    10 day collider pack [10 days of 5x XP]
    150 donuts
    250,000 in-game cash

That's the deal.

Thanks, literally couldn't find a thing about it online.
    At level 65, started forums June 2017, add me if you want I'm on every day.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    It is a really good deal.
  • I'm guessing if you already have all the premium items, then you don't got the offer?
  • where's this offer? It didn't appear to me
  • where's this offer? It didn't appear to me

You're only offered the Frink deal if...
    1.) You've completed the XP collider questline
    2.) You don't already own one or more of the premium buildings or building/character combos offered in the deal.
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2323 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Back when I got this offer it was turned down as I'm planning on being 100% freemium... had I known then what I know now, then i think it would've been the deal to break me..... haha...

As for the freemium quest, much as my enthusiasm for the game is good, I've played other games in the past where I've got to a tipping point and not been interested anymore and unfortunately, I see where i'm gonna be losing interest in this game at some point, probably be a good while off yet though... plus i was burnt when Despicable Me was withdrawn for Windows....
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • It's cool that they are offering a deal like this for the newer players. Which they would have when I started. Cant get it now cause I have the Premium Building's,still would like to have the deal for all the other stuff though
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    It's cool that they are offering a deal like this for the newer players. Which they would have when I started. Cant get it now cause I have the Premium Building's,still would like to have the deal for all the other stuff though

It is a deal that is/was offered to everybody at some point unless you already had the premium items. It was introduced when the collider was in October 2015. Now new players get it when they finish the collider quest.
  • I payed for a similar deal a couple years ago. They took the money but I never got anything offered and was never reimbursed from EA or iTunes after a lot more effort than the money I lost was worth. Be careful.
  • If they offered me this now i would take it in a heart beat. They offered it too early, didn't know i was gunna get addicted to the game. funny thing is i still don't have any of the characters or builds listed in the deal. EA send me that deal again lol
  • I too would buy it. I can't though.
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    this is a great deal
  • You would be stupid not to buy this. It's affordable even to Freemium and whales would pay £50 for this.
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    where's this offer? It didn't appear to me

You're only offered the Frink deal if...
    1.) You've completed the XP collider questline
    2.) You don't already own one or more of the premium buildings or building/character combos offered in the deal.

I didn't get the offer so I guess I won all mentioned in 2). There are still a lot I don't own though.
  • On a side note... how do you activate the XP collider questline if that is what you need for this offer?
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    On a side note... how do you activate the XP collider questline if that is what you need for this offer?

It unlocks at level 20 for people that weren't playing during the initial launch of the XP collider in October of 2015.
  • I want this. Take my money
  • liamchandler
    543 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    meinaz wrote: »
    On a side note... how do you activate the XP collider questline if that is what you need for this offer?

It unlocks at level 20 for people that weren't playing during the initial launch of the XP collider in October of 2015.

Thats really odd, because I was around then and I cannot find the quest in my log.

*edit* - I must have gotten the offer 2 years ago and thought it was crap and its timed out. Even when I activated the collider nothing happened.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    meinaz wrote: »

Thats really odd, because I was around then and I cannot find the quest in my log.

It was a limited time offer. I am not sure the actual length because I never got it. I already had all of the characters that were available.