EA Forums - Banner

Donuts Harvested not Saved?

Replies

  • girl22721
    1151 posts Member
    jamesj9371 wrote: »
    I tested out the donut losses today. I started out the day with 30028 donuts, and I ground out 1000 donuts using RTDTs in batches of 100 donuts, syncing after each batch. When I tried to sync my thousandth donut I was knocked back to 799 earned today. Every donut earned after this disappears into the ether.

    My experience seems to closely match @168sean168's reports.

    If your experience is like mine, you'll also now find yourself blocked from adding any more donuts for a further 24 hours, which is in some ways more frustrating than the limit itself!

    A side effect of this change is that a large in-game cash reserve now has no purpose whatsoever... if we can't make as many donuts as we like with it anymore there's literally nothing else worthwhile to spent it on!
  • I'd like to ask a couple questions from this thread. What is "kem farming" and how do the rat trap trucks work to get doughnuts? Thanks for the help.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    This shows that their coding is not robust enough to distinguish the difference between players who play honestly and those that allow hackers to add free donuts for them. :pensive:

    its not like this blocks hackers from doing it... they just wait 24h.
    they're trying different solutions. and besides 1000d per day is bad? really?
  • wadebear
    3325 posts Member
    I'd like to ask a couple questions from this thread. What is "kem farming" and how do the rat trap trucks work to get doughnuts? Thanks for the help.
    KEM is for Kwik-E-Mart.
    You use your excess cash to buy a bunch of KEMs. Wait 4 hours and tap to complete - they produce 2000 XP each plus 2000 times your multiplier, and if you have the XP Collider going it's 5 times that. Once you get past level 60 you start getting donuts for leveling up. Once you get past level 939 you get bonus boxes every time you level up (1, 2 or 3 donuts). Sell the KEMs and build more.
    Rat Trap trucks (and Bloodmobiles) do the same, but it's nearly instant instead of waiting - but it burns through your cash quickly.
    KEM farming is sustainable. I build 35 every 4 hours and currently get 2 rounds of bonus donuts (plus XP from my buildings and characters). As your multiplier increases so does the payout. Many people here have multipliers in the thousands (1000, 2000, 3000, and more). My multiplier is just 305.25%.
    And that's donut farming in a nutshell.
  • Muhsterino
    4276 posts Member
    I'd like to ask a couple questions from this thread. What is "kem farming" and how do the rat trap trucks work to get doughnuts? Thanks for the help.
    You can read more about farming in the 3rd post of this thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/tips-for-new-players/p1
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Jonalinn
    1768 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »
    This shows that their coding is not robust enough to distinguish the difference between players who play honestly and those that allow hackers to add free donuts for them. :pensive:

    its not like this blocks hackers from doing it... they just wait 24h.
    they're trying different solutions. and besides 1000d per day is bad? really?

    It's not that it's essentially "bad" @LPNintendoITA, it's that it doesn't make much sense (at this point). If EA wants to cap @ 1000 donuts a day, then fine.. it's their game. But how does it work if you purchase donuts? Look at all the ways you can buy donuts.. trays, truckloads, store full, boatload and more. So, let's say you're playing your game and you're decorating, purchasing buildings, adding characters and you need more donuts.. what do you do? Let's say you buy a boatload... what happens then? Does EA send you a note going "oh, um, no can do... but we'll sell you 1000?" Just buy the "store full" option and we'll include an additional 100? That is what makes no sense to me. Want to impose a cap? Ok. But be consistent. Either cap it at 2400 or redefine your donut purchase packages. All the cap is doing right now is penalizing players who have deftly worked at their game to maximize it's potential using methods that EA has in place.
    Like I said, it's their game and they can do what they like with it. But right now, they're all over the place. At the very least they should send out an in-game pop-up telling the players what's going on.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • 168sean168
    3345 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »
    This shows that their coding is not robust enough to distinguish the difference between players who play honestly and those that allow hackers to add free donuts for them. :pensive:

    its not like this blocks hackers from doing it... they just wait 24h.
    they're trying different solutions. and besides 1000d per day is bad? really?

    Yeah this implementation is waning me off the game. Allowing me more time in engaging other pursuits.
  • girl22721
    1151 posts Member
    I tend to agree; outside of events this new restriction reduces the motivation to login more than once per day. Especially since if you want to make between 500 and 1000 donuts you then need to be careful that any activity the previous day doesn't push you over the limit; this takes some of the fun out of it.
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    I wasn't going to comment on this issue, because some seem to take it so personally, and go extra hard to defend it but...
    I'm going to throw this out there...
    I've been coming to this forum since 2012, when my game first reverted back to level 1, a common occurrence in the beginning of the game. One thing I've noticed over the years is, that EA pays attention to some of the things said here. In the beginning there were a few benefitting glitches that lasted, from what I've read, for almost a year or more, until people started talking about them here, then I noticed they started ending glitches quicker. The more they were discussed on this forum, months turned into a couple of days.
    I say this to address this current issue, hacking has been going on since the games inception, boasting about outrageously enormous gains from the use of exploits, has been going on a few months, keyword: Exploits. This could just be the first wave of methods their going to implement to address this issue. Don't poke the bear...
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Igcognita wrote: »
    I wasn't going to comment on this issue, because some seem to take it so personally, and go extra hard to defend it but...
    I'm going to throw this out there...
    I've been coming to this forum since 2012, when my game first reverted back to level 1, a common occurrence in the beginning of the game. One thing I've noticed over the years is, that EA pays attention to some of the things said here. In the beginning there were a few benefitting glitches that lasted, from what I've read, for almost a year or more, until people started talking about them here, then I noticed they started ending glitches quicker. The more they were discussed on this forum, months turned into a couple of days.
    I say this to address this current issue, hacking has been going on since the games inception, boasting about outrageously enormous gains from the use of exploits, has been going on a few months, keyword: Exploits. This could just be the first wave of methods their going to implement to address this issue. Don't poke the bear...

    Whether you realize it or not, you are explicitly accusing forum users of cheating, i.e., of violating EA’s TOS, which expressly forbids the use of game exploits. If you expect that people aren’t going to push back against that kind of very public accusation, you’re probably in error.

  • 168sean168
    3345 posts Member
    Igcognita wrote: »
    I wasn't going to comment on this issue, because some seem to take it so personally, and go extra hard to defend it but...
    I'm going to throw this out there...
    I've been coming to this forum since 2012, when my game first reverted back to level 1, a common occurrence in the beginning of the game. One thing I've noticed over the years is, that EA pays attention to some of the things said here. In the beginning there were a few benefitting glitches that lasted, from what I've read, for almost a year or more, until people started talking about them here, then I noticed they started ending glitches quicker. The more they were discussed on this forum, months turned into a couple of days.
    I say this to address this current issue, hacking has been going on since the games inception, boasting about outrageously enormous gains from the use of exploits, has been going on a few months, keyword: Exploits. This could just be the first wave of methods their going to implement to address this issue. Don't poke the bear...

    I do not understand what do you mean by exploits but I do believe that all who posted about their gains in Donuts and % here are doing it according to game designs. Building through time and effort. The gamers that exploited the game generally are hanging out elsewhere.
  • 0Brooders0
    2173 posts Member
    I purchased 900 donuts and made another 200-300 today. So the cap in my game at least does not affect anything purchased.

    Gotta say that the car park that comes with the purchase is pretty underwhelming. :/
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Gotta say that the car park that comes with the purchase is pretty underwhelming. :/

    Note to self... Avoid 900 Donut purchase :D
    At level 65, started forums June 2017, add me if you want I'm on every day.
  • Jonalinn
    1768 posts Member
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    I purchased 900 donuts and made another 200-300 today. So the cap in my game at least does not affect anything purchased.

    Gotta say that the car park that comes with the purchase is pretty underwhelming. :/

    Thanks for sharing your experience @0Brooders0, good to know! :)
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • 0Brooders0
    2173 posts Member
    Jonalinn wrote: »
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    I purchased 900 donuts and made another 200-300 today. So the cap in my game at least does not affect anything purchased.

    Gotta say that the car park that comes with the purchase is pretty underwhelming. :/

    Thanks for sharing your experience @0Brooders0, good to know! :)

    No worries. I'm really sorry that this is affecting your game. :/
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Jonalinn
    1768 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Jonalinn wrote: »
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    I purchased 900 donuts and made another 200-300 today. So the cap in my game at least does not affect anything purchased.

    Gotta say that the car park that comes with the purchase is pretty underwhelming. :/

    Thanks for sharing your experience @0Brooders0, good to know! :)

    No worries. I'm really sorry that this is affecting your game. :/

    Well, it is and it isn't.. to be honest. I don't earn over 1k donuts a day so my game, for the most part, will be unaffected. However, EA's new donut policy has left me feeling kind of 'eh about them as game developers. I've got quite a few thoughts about it actually, but I'll keep them to myself :)
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • rw228
    1044 posts Member
    Ive been thinking about this and someone mentioned how they feel the IGC is really worthless now to the players that are affected by this, I'm wondering if that is why they implemented the Road to Riches. That way players with large amounts of cash still have something to spend it on.
    Just a thought.
  • Jonalinn wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »
    This shows that their coding is not robust enough to distinguish the difference between players who play honestly and those that allow hackers to add free donuts for them. :pensive:

    its not like this blocks hackers from doing it... they just wait 24h.
    they're trying different solutions. and besides 1000d per day is bad? really?

    It's not that it's essentially "bad" @LPNintendoITA, it's that it doesn't make much sense (at this point). If EA wants to cap @ 1000 donuts a day, then fine.. it's their game. But how does it work if you purchase donuts? Look at all the ways you can buy donuts.. trays, truckloads, store full, boatload and more. So, let's say you're playing your game and you're decorating, purchasing buildings, adding characters and you need more donuts.. what do you do? Let's say you buy a boatload... what happens then? Does EA send you a note going "oh, um, no can do... but we'll sell you 1000?" Just buy the "store full" option and we'll include an additional 100? That is what makes no sense to me. Want to impose a cap? Ok. But be consistent. Either cap it at 2400 or redefine your donut purchase packages. All the cap is doing right now is penalizing players who have deftly worked at their game to maximize it's potential using methods that EA has in place.
    Like I said, it's their game and they can do what they like with it. But right now, they're all over the place. At the very least they should send out an in-game pop-up telling the players what's going on.

    no they're affecting only the donut acquire ones. the purchases are immediate sync and don't count
  • 0Brooders0
    2173 posts Member
    Perhaps the new aspirational buildings ie. That darn dam etc. Was the first of many implementations EA has planned to help us long term players with a lot of cash and bonuts to still play the game and keep engaged.

    I'm all for a stop to the hackers. Just wish EA had given an in game warning so that the real game players knew what was going on. :/
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • rw228
    1044 posts Member
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Perhaps the new aspirational buildings ie. That darn dam etc. Was the first of many implementations EA has planned to help us long term players with a lot of cash and bonuts to still play the game and keep engaged.

    I'm all for a stop to the hackers. Just wish EA had given an in game warning so that the real game players knew what was going on. :/
    Yes that's what I meant. They have question marks at the end of the Road to Riches implying more is on the way.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!