EA Forums - Banner

Donuts Harvested not Saved?

Replies

• 168sean168
    3247 posts Member
    For me I am using an android phone all this while until fault happened suddenly on 13 Jul 2017 around ny time 3 am plus
  • johncolombo
    11066 posts Senior Moderator
    Muhsterino wrote: »
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    If it happens in another account without a big bonus or donut stash...then perhaps it is a problem with the device you are using? :/
    I was wondering the same thing. Do you have a different device you could try using?

Maybe you could log into your game on a friends phone or tablet?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    If it happens in another account without a big bonus or donut stash...then perhaps it is a problem with the device you are using? :/

Splitting hairs perhaps. Maybe not the a problem with the device per se, but with a bad file or files on the device.

• 0Brooders0
    2161 posts Member

Splitting hairs perhaps. Maybe not the a problem with the device per se, but with a bad file or files on the device.

Could be...

Sean I know you've already uninstalled and reinstalled but have you also cleared out the cache...just in case it's picking up a bug when you reload it?
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 0Brooders0
    2161 posts Member
    Oooh I just got a 100 comment badge B)
    What's all that about?!
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 168sean168
    3247 posts Member

Could be...

Sean I know you've already uninstalled and reinstalled but have you also cleared out the cache...just in case it's picking up a bug when you reload it?

Ok maybe I will try one more time. Thanks for the suggestion @0Brooders0 !
  • johncolombo
    Oooh I just got a 100 comment badge B)
    What's all that about?!

:D
    the forum awards badges. Have a look at my profile to see others you can earn.
  • 168sean168
    3247 posts Member
    I got the permission from a sirius_osiris who posted at reddit.com to post this here. He is encountering the same problem. His multiplier is at 1376%. He has not returned back to using the phone to check whether it is a device problem

"I do rat trap truck farming. Today the first batch of 300 doughnuts was fine. After the second batch of 300, I went to the friend's list to sync and when I came back - all but 18 disappeared. The cash was the same amount I had when I went to sync. I collected some buildings and got a bonus level up - went to Krusty Land to collect from there and when I got back to my town - the 3 I got disappeared.

Same goddamn thing happened yesterday. This is the first time farming on an 'upgraded' device. iPhone 4 to iPad 2. But I farmed over 20k doughnuts on the phone no problem - took forever but I never lost any.

Going to go back to the phone for farming"
  • Maybe a problem syncing between multiple devices? Are you guys using multiple devices for your accounts? or ever log in using another device that might still be sending info? Throwing donuts in the dark here but a thought.
  • 168sean168
    3247 posts Member
    hatchet669 wrote: »
    Maybe a problem syncing between multiple devices? Are you guys using multiple devices for your accounts? or ever log in using another device that might still be sending info? Throwing donuts in the dark here but a thought.

Hi no I am using the same device. Exit and restart all from the same devices and earned donuts are going missing
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    hatchet669 wrote: »
    Maybe a problem syncing between multiple devices? Are you guys using multiple devices for your accounts? or ever log in using another device that might still be sending info? Throwing donuts in the dark here but a thought.

I doubt it. If this were the sole cause of the problem it almost certainly would have surfaced before now. Plenty of users on this forum use multiple devices to access the same game.
  • There was a problem a couple of weeks ago with the game NOT syncing when going to KL or coming back from friends for a few people. I'm not sure if this was ever resolved. Are you guys seeing the "syncing" message on the bottom of your screen when you navigate to those places?
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    There was a problem a couple of weeks ago with the game NOT syncing when going to KL or coming back from friends for a few people. I'm not sure if this was ever resolved. Are you guys seeing the "syncing" message on the bottom of your screen when you navigate to those places?

Just thinking out loud, so to speak. Given the rough description of the problem, I get why you’re honing in on syncing as somehow being involved, but if it’s just a syncing issue, why is the glitch in this case confined just to donuts?
  • girl22721
    1151 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Similarly, I wondered if it might be an issue with the way EA servers sync with each other; but again it seems a little odd that only earned donuts are affected, if that's the case.
  • Its not an error. They did something server side that is causing this. I heard on a site they changed some routines on donut synching. This is also apparently stopping illegal activities on this too.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Its not an error. They did something server side that is causing this. I heard on a site they changed some routines on donut synching. This is also apparently stopping illegal activities on this too.

So are we to understand this is part of some “broad brush” fix aimed at halting cheating that’s also affecting the gameplay of those who do not cheat?
    _not_cool__booboo__by_white_wolfen.png

• petehd14
    2768 posts Member
    I planned to stop KEM farming when I get about 20,000 donuts because I knew EA would eventually pull the plug on that. This is a little bit earlier than I hoped.
  • Jonalinn
    1766 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Its not an error. They did something server side that is causing this. I heard on a site they changed some routines on donut synching. This is also apparently stopping illegal activities on this too.
    Thank you @LPNintendoITA for your knowledge and information.
    The donuts I lost were from collecting $ and xp after tasks/jobs were completed. That's how the game is played. No cheating.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • I just collected about 100 donuts in my game. Went to KL, Friends and back and logged out and back in and the donut balance remained. I usually keep under 1000 donut balance and just rat trap for a few if I need them. Let's see if we can figure out what sets it off. Donut balance? Amount of donuts collected over a specific time? Regardless, you guys that have those amazing high XP% and donut balances are going to have to call and complain. Like Jonalinn said it probably kicks in the alert by just collecting. What a mess. Thanks for the info LP.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • johncolombo
    @RobotDevil69 are your numbers the same at the affected players here?