EA Forums - Banner

Donuts Harvested not Saved?

Replies

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    petehd14 wrote: »
    I planned to stop KEM farming when I get about 20,000 donuts because I knew EA would eventually pull the plug on that. This is a little bit earlier than I hoped.

It really hasn't stopped KEM farming just accumulating lots of donuts. I would be interested in what the limit is. It would have to be higher than 2400 since that amount can be bought.
  • RobotDevil69
    55 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Add me to the list of donut issues today. I completed the 6 donuts daily task and was only awarded 3.
  • RobotDevil69
    55 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    @RobotDevil69 are your numbers the same at the affected players here?
    No I'm at level 131, 650 donuts, 7 million cash, 170% bonus. Not currently farming.
  • Jonalinn
    1766 posts Member
    I just collected about 100 donuts in my game. Went to KL, Friends and back and logged out and back in and the donut balance remained. I usually keep under 1000 donut balance and just rat trap for a few if I need them. Let's see if we can figure out what sets it off. Donut balance? Amount of donuts collected over a specific time? Regardless, you guys that have those amazing high XP% and donut balances are going to have to call and complain. Like Jonalinn said it probably kicks in the alert by just collecting. What a mess. Thanks for the info LP.

@IckabodSchrek I'm not sure if you saw where I posted about losing 2 donuts in one of my inherited games (no worries, I'm losing track myself lol ;) ) but that game does not have a high multiplier at all and I still lost the donuts.
    Le sigh.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • someonewashere
    1694 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Havent noted the above myself, but are some donuts or all donuts (farmed at the point of disappearance) gone. If A ) then it feels like they are "secretly" putting a cap on bonuts, While B ) just seems like collateral damage on an added security risk measurement.
    Both arent Awesome, but well, lets figure out what we can.
  • it's not a donuts cap, dunno about Bonuts cap. its not in the files it's directly on their servers
  • Jonalinn
    1766 posts Member
    it's not a donuts cap, dunno about Bonuts cap. its not in the files it's directly on their servers

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge @LPNintendoITA ... it's much appreciated.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • Jonalinn wrote: »
    I just collected about 100 donuts in my game. Went to KL, Friends and back and logged out and back in and the donut balance remained. I usually keep under 1000 donut balance and just rat trap for a few if I need them. Let's see if we can figure out what sets it off. Donut balance? Amount of donuts collected over a specific time? Regardless, you guys that have those amazing high XP% and donut balances are going to have to call and complain. Like Jonalinn said it probably kicks in the alert by just collecting. What a mess. Thanks for the info LP.

@IckabodSchrek I'm not sure if you saw where I posted about losing 2 donuts in one of my inherited games (no worries, I'm losing track myself lol ;) ) but that game does not have a high multiplier at all and I still lost the donuts.
    Le sigh.

Ya, sorry. My Wifi keeps popping on and off again today, so having trouble getting on here and reading or doing anything. Ready to take the rubber hammer after the Tech and his equipment >:) Well, it might be good news if it's confiscating just a couple of donuts. Sounds more like a server error that they will have to fix rather than a targeting of long time players. Let's hope.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • rw228
    1043 posts Member
    What's strange is there is no real pattern. People with high and low % are affected even the town @Jonalinn described that has been all but abandoned.
  • It sounds like this problem is affecting strange people. Errrrrr, rather, it's affecting people strangely. .....Or was i right the first time? ..... No, it's definitely the latter. (Ha! "Latter." Who talks like that? ) ......unless....... No. This is something to not pay attention to until it happens to you. Final answer.

....... ?
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Jonalinn wrote: »

Le sigh.

Perhaps unintended collateral damage because your secondary game is being played on the same device as your primary one? (Just spitballing, of course...)

If @LPNintendoITA is correct about this being an intentional effort on the part of EA, I wish they would just be upfront about it and tell us exactly what the heck is going on. Of course, because this is EA, that probably won’t happen.
  • Jonalinn wrote: »

Le sigh.

Perhaps unintended collateral damage because your secondary game is being played on the same device as your primary one? (Just spitballing, of course...)

If @LPNintendoITA is correct about this being an intentional effort on the part of EA, I wish they would just be upfront about it and tell us exactly what the heck is going on. Of course, because this is EA, that probably won’t happen.

this are all assumption. i've no way to check it
  • alapalme
    226 posts Member
    Just to add informaiton- multiplier 1500, cash 30M, donut stash 2k. Donuts do not disappear after KEM farming nor bloodmobile farming. I haven't tried rat trap trucks though.

I'm wondering if there is a bit more to what LPA suggested -- i.e., that there is a server-side cap of some sort on farming donuts- but perhaps it is activated on a per-user basis. For example, a system automatically flags accounts that it suspects could be cheating (either from forum activity, or number of donuts farmed in a given day or week, etc..)-- an admin reviews the account and if it look suspicious, then that account falls under the cap-- while the rest don't.

I'm not sure how else to explain the cap only affecting a few people while many on the forum have high multipliers, large collections, and large farms. It's either that or a very very specific trigger-- but you have all ruled out device-specific, syncing-specific, farming-method-specific, multiplier-specific and stash-specific triggers...

FOR NOW I'm glad I'm under the radar. If I start losing donuts too I'm pretty much done.
  • 0Brooders0
    2161 posts Member
    Any word from EA yet @168sean168 ?

Did you contact them too @Jonalinn ?
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 168sean168
    3243 posts Member
    Hi @0Brooders0 , I sent three cases to EA. First two have no reponses other than the auto receipt replies. Third one has an email response that came within 15 minutes. The EA support said he did not understand my issue and asked me to be more specific. So I replied him with another long article and also a link to this thread. But for the next 12 hours, heard nothing from them :no_mouth: .
  • Hi @168sean168 the problem is support most likely have no idea that EA have implemented some kind of anti cheat system server side to try and protect their income from people using illegal methods to play or if they do they could be under instruction not to speak about it, so far I've not lost any of my donuts but I tend to only add a few at a time sort of around 50 to 100 per day, I truly hope that you can get some sense out of support and get the problem solved quickly but suspect that you'll just end up with another email saying that they are sorry that you are having problems with the game and the issue has been forwarded to the development team and your case has been closed. :(:(
  • Sean, does it happen if you just exit the game? Have you tried just exiting, force closing and then going back in and then visiting KL or friends?
  • 168sean168
    3243 posts Member
    Sean, does it happen if you just exit the game? Have you tried just exiting, force closing and then going back in and then visiting KL or friends?

Hi @EllieGuseman it happens when either you go to KL, visit friend or exit and re enter the game.
  • 168sean168
    3243 posts Member
    Hi @168sean168 the problem is support most likely have no idea that EA have implemented some kind of anti cheat system server side to try and protect their income from people using illegal methods to play or if they do they could be under instruction not to speak about it, so far I've not lost any of my donuts but I tend to only add a few at a time sort of around 50 to 100 per day, I truly hope that you can get some sense out of support and get the problem solved quickly but suspect that you'll just end up with another email saying that they are sorry that you are having problems with the game and the issue has been forwarded to the development team and your case has been closed. :(:(

Yes I think likely that would happen. I had experienced it before.
  • Ok. Sorry this is happening. You'll have to keep on EA about it.