Donuts Harvested not Saved?

Replies

• nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »
    nissa762 wrote: »
    Just visited a page that I don't use, but I'm sure we're all familiar with:

@168sean168, seems your theory on the 1000 max is right:
    "Due to a limitation enforced by the game servers, a maximum of 1000 donuts ... at a time."

Thanks! Are you able to share the source of this info?

I don't feel comfortable sharing the site here as it isn't legit gameplay.
  • 168sean168
    3696 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »
    Just visited a page that I don't use, but I'm sure we're all familiar with:

@168sean168, seems your theory on the 1000 max is right:
    "Due to a limitation enforced by the game servers, a maximum of 1000 donuts ... at a time."

Thanks! Are you able to share the source of this info?

I don't feel comfortable sharing the site here as it isn't legit gameplay.

Yeah these kind sites cannot be mentioned here. Thanks for sharing!
  • 0Brooders0
    2188 posts Member
    Interesting...
    I've announced this finding on my own site as a warning to other players. Thank you. :/
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    @Jonalinn my guess is that you are using the same device for all the towns you are testing, perhaps this is related as to why you see the issue in a low multiplier/low farm town as well
    @nissa762, please see my post above :) None of the 3 games I have access to are on the same device.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    Jonalinn wrote: »
    @Jonalinn my guess is that you are using the same device for all the towns you are testing, perhaps this is related as to why you see the issue in a low multiplier/low farm town as well
    @nissa762, please see my post above :) None of the 3 games I have access to are on the same device.

Sorry I missed that. I don't have an explanation as to why a town not reaching the 1000 donut max per day would have an issue, especially if it's isolated from a town that hits the 1000 max.
  • girl22721
    1152 posts Member
    On the positive side, if this is the only action EA takes that restricts farming, I can live with it! 1000 donuts a day is okay! :)

Also maybe doesn't count if you spend your donut stash straight away? I was doing that last week when I made an extra 8000 donuts to complete my 1000 jet engine bike farm, including making and immediately spending 600 donuts in the last hours of the final morning of that vault after making and immediately spending probably around 1800 donuts the previous night.
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    Jonalinn wrote: »

Sorry I missed that. I don't have an explanation as to why a town not reaching the 1000 donut max per day would have an issue, especially if it's isolated from a town that hits the 1000 max.

No worries :) All 3 games are on separate devices. One is mine and I play daily. The other 2 are not really played at all.
  • 0Brooders0
    2188 posts Member
    girl22721 wrote: »
    On the positive side, if this is the only action EA takes that restricts farming, I can live with it! 1000 donuts a day is okay! :)

Agree! :)
    More than enough and at least they haven't stopped farming altogether.
  • 168sean168
    3696 posts Member
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

Agree! :)
    More than enough and at least they haven't stopped farming altogether.

Yeah I seemed to have extra free time the last two days. Watched more movies as a result...
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I am glad that the issue has been figured out. It is unfortunate that people that play the game legitimately get caught up with others that don't.
  • I dont think anyone is accusing anyone of having cheated, Jonalinn.
    I think most people here are spitballin a general answer to what is causing this, which will be followed by a series of suggestions as to how one can go about the situation.

I understand that you are frustrated, you are playing within the defined parameters of the game, and suddenly the rules change in the second half, not great, but i do understand BOTH points.
    On one hand EA isnt making any revenue, and on the other most players have been weaned of purchasing donuts by obtaining them in a legitimate manner by playing in a more efficient manner.

When i stated the idea of a bonuts cap, i meant it as a player who has seen other games offer a way to obtain premium currency for free, at some point a cap is placed on the daily, weekly, or monthly amount a player can receive of this currency. I'm more amazed at the fact that EA implemented it at all, as more games implement it earlier rather than later. EA will get some backslash, chances are they'll start taking interest in some high donut players, and such, maybe even trying to weed out cheaters and hackers (of which you are not, i have no doubts in this).

I do need to point out that a daily cap of 1000 donuts isnt bad, is the reset static or based on 24 hours, this can be the difference of 7000 donuts farmed weekly vs 5000 donuts farmed weekly.
    Annetemarc (we do miss ya) once stated that in todays events a minimum of 1000 donuts would be required to buy all the premium content (Not rush the event)

So yeah i get it, people with high multipliers? Ouch.
    You'll need to ration out those donuts, it may start affecting your ability to play casually during events, and issues will continually arise.

As for the loss of donuts on your other game (it was a lower amount right?) i'd hate to say it, but lost cause, i've lost donuts that have been purchased since i first began playing (one of the reasons why i dont feel bad about farming) and all the help EA tends to give you is that stupid basic list:
    Uninstall
    Clear cache
    etc.
    You'l have to continually bug them without end for weeks to resolve anything, theyll often blame you (the player) for problems in the game and accuse you of cheating, and yeah i do hate that, but what i hated more was the fact that i didnt have time to complain, i'd be late to catch my bus for work. Then id come home late at night and be too tired to complain, so rarely will i ever submit a ticket, unless i get locked out of my game, will i ever submit a ticket (it literally isnt worth my time). I do not know what would cause that donut loss, but im sure it exists, i've seen low donut loss every now and then since i started playing.
  • 168sean168
    3696 posts Member

Also maybe doesn't count if you spend your donut stash straight away? I was doing that last week when I made an extra 8000 donuts to complete my 1000 jet engine bike farm, including making and immediately spending 600 donuts in the last hours of the final morning of that vault after making and immediately spending probably around 1800 donuts the previous night.

I think last week experience cannot be considered. I believe it begins on 13 Jul 2017. I am thinking that they do count the donuts you spent when you are earning the 1000 donuts. During 14 Jul 2017 as I am earning the donuts, I made a 20 donuts purchase of the fire hydrants. That 20 donuts was counted in my 1004 donuts earned that day
  • jtgroth
    367 posts Member
    I bet EA is including the player's IP address in the daily cap. This would explain the behavior that Jonalinn experienced (assuming that they were all played in the same place) as well as handicap the folks that offer to hack other player's games for money.
  • I think it may be a daily allotment.
  • I don't see how it'd stop anyone who currently has a thousand boatloads but it'd probably stop someone doing it anymore.
  • And that still doesn't ensure much
  • jtgroth wrote: »
    I bet EA is including the player's IP address in the daily cap. This would explain the behavior that Jonalinn experienced (assuming that they were all played in the same place) as well as handicap the folks that offer to hack other player's games for money.

That might make sense (it does, but wondering if it is in fact a fact)
    This may provide loopholes for those with multiple towns, but in general i feel this whole discussion should be a PSA.
  • 0Brooders0
    2188 posts Member
    It certainly makes more sense to attach the IP to the cap limit. This would stop players signing in to multiple devices to essentially beat the limit.

EA have obviously been targeted by a lot of hacking. I think it's a good thing....even if it does affect the high end players. 1000 a day is a pretty darn fine thing to aim for :)
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    jtgroth wrote: »

Interesting you should mention the location aspect. The 2nd game was accessed through a cellular signal about 7 miles from my house. My daily game is accessed on it's own device, via wifi, in my home.
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    I dont think anyone is accusing anyone of having cheated, Jonalinn.
    I saw the word (or variations of it) referenced in several posts so it kind of struck a nerve with me. I do not cheat at this game and I thank you @someonewashere for believing in me :)
    As far as a clean reinstall for the 2nd game, I'm considering it. I do agree that a cap of 1000 donuts is amenable if EA feels compelled to set a limit.