EA Forums - Banner

Donuts Harvested not Saved?

Replies

• girl22721
    1151 posts Member
    I only have 1 account so can't test 2 games sharing the same IP but certainly switching from broadband to mobile for a completely different IP does not workaround the donut limit that I'm experiencing on my account today.

Have also confirmed 168sean168's observation regarding spending donuts. I spent 30 then earned 28 and restarted the game; afterwards my donut balance still went down 30 rather than 2 (another 28 lost donuts), so that doesn't help. Or if it does, you have to spend your entire balance... then do you end up with 0 or negative donuts? I'm not going to try that experiment today!
  • wadebear
    3516 posts Member
    Recording IPs would not be a very good idea. For WiFi devices they would see the IP of the router, not the game, and you could have more than one person playing on the same router: a family, various people sharing WiFi in an apartment building, libraries, hotels, schools, restaurants, etc.
  • jtgroth
    367 posts Member
    wadebear wrote: »
    Recording IPs would not be a very good idea. For WiFi devices they would see the IP of the router, not the game, and you could have more than one person playing on the same router: a family, various people sharing WiFi in an apartment building, libraries, hotels, schools, restaurants, etc.

I agree, but that doesn't mean EA does. I can't think of any other way that they could tie Jonalinn's 3 games together. And from her response, it sounds like they've been tracking it over time too.
  • kromkromkrom
    469 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    jtgroth wrote: »

I agree, but that doesn't mean EA does. I can't think of any other way that they could tie Jonalinn's 3 games together. And from her response, it sounds like they've been tracking it over time too.

I think you're reading too much into that. Jonalinn said that she hadn't even checked her third game, her second game lost two donuts, it was her main game that was suffering from the issue.

Post edited by kromkromkrom on
  • Not being able to farm 1000+ donuts is not a game changer...it affects a very small % of people.

Plus a 1000 donuts a day is plenty for anyone's needs. :p
  • Not being able to farm 1000+ donuts is not a game changer...it affects a very small % of people.

Plus a 1000 donuts a day is plenty for anyone's needs. :p

You are quite right. :smile: I was thinking more about my game when I wrote that. It would severely curtail my playing time. I am already feeling withdrawals :pensive:
  • wadebear
    3516 posts Member
    Um... I think I may have just lost some donuts in my Freemium game. I was noting down my donuts for the end of day before closing out and going to bed and Game 1's total went up, Game 2's total went up, but not game 3. I closed game 3 to play Plants VS Zombies 2 and came back to check my total. And no, I didn't get over 1000 donuts in all my games combined today. All 3 combined added up to 72. And my IP changes constantly throughout the day (satellite internet), so there's no way they could have tracked my IP.
  • 168sean168
    3654 posts Member
    Um... I think I may have just lost some donuts in my Freemium game. I was noting down my donuts for the end of day before closing out and going to bed and Game 1's total went up, Game 2's total went up, but not game 3. I closed game 3 to play Plants VS Zombies 2 and came back to check my total. And no, I didn't get over 1000 donuts in all my games combined today. All 3 combined added up to 72. And my IP changes constantly throughout the day (satellite internet), so there's no way they could have tracked my IP.

Sounds like the strange observations encountered by @Jonalinn. I wonder whether this is accumulative. Say after you accumulated 1000 donuts over a period of time, a flag comes in to halt your donuts earning for a day?
  • wadebear
    3516 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I suppose it's Possible that wrote down the total for just game 3 and forgot the other two, but that's not likely since I tend to do all 3 at once while I'm looking at the spreadsheet open on my desktop.
    Anyway, I went ahead and blew the lot on Mystery Boxes so I couldn't lose any more. They can't take away what I don't have...
  • girl22721
    1151 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    It's now after daily challenge time but I'm still blocked from adding any bonus donuts! Grrr! :(
    Post edited by girl22721 on
  • girl22721
    1151 posts Member
    I'm finally able to add more bonus donuts again now. So it seems the limit applies over a rolling 24 hour period and if exceeded the account is then blocked for a full 24 more hours! That's more restrictive and harsh than anticipated yesterday!

Therefore simple advice for avoiding the limit is to keep under 500 bonus donuts per day, otherwise you also need to take into account the time and quantity of donuts that you earned throughout the previous day to carefully avoid reaching 1000 within 24 hours.
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    jtgroth wrote: »
    Tracking me? Tracking my game(s)? v75FiVk.gif
    I think you're reading too much into that. Jonalinn said that she hadn't even checked her third game, her second game lost two donuts, it was her main game that was suffering from the issue.
    Yes @kromkromkrom, you are correct (thank you for posting). Just to clarify, I have access to 3 games, one of which I play every day. The other 2 were inherited and they retain all the info from their original owners. I have the login password and am free to play at any time (these games have been abandoned by their respective owners). I don't actually play them as my main game takes up all my time. When the DDA (donut disappearing act) started, I inquisitively checked one of the other games. That game... logged in via cellular on its own device 7 miles from my house... lost 2 donuts.
    No one is tracking me or my games :) I've done some reading/research since yesterday and have found the problem to be more widespread than just the few of us at this forum.

You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    I'm sorry to hear this @wadebear :/
    168sean168 wrote: »

Sounds like the strange observations encountered by @Jonalinn. I wonder whether this is accumulative. Say after you accumulated 1000 donuts over a period of time, a flag comes in to halt your donuts earning for a day?

@168sean168, I'm thinking (at least for right now), that the cap would set/reset every 24 hours. (Just my hunch, no scientific data to back it up :) )
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    girl22721 wrote: »
    I'm finally able to add more bonus donuts again now. So it seems the limit applies over a rolling 24 hour period and if exceeded the account is then blocked for a full 24 more hours! That's more restrictive and harsh than anticipated yesterday!

Therefore simple advice for avoiding the limit is to keep under 500 bonus donuts per day, otherwise you also need to take into account the time and quantity of donuts that you earned throughout the previous day to carefully avoid reaching 1000 within 24 hours.

Glad you're able to add new donuts @girl22721! (even if it's just a few at a time :) )
  • CalumsCobra
    78 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    image.jpg

Found this on tstotopix
    At level 65, started forums June 2017, add me if you want I'm on every day.
  • i posted that based on this report
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • wadebear
    3516 posts Member
    I have to wonder about this alleged server update. Where's the information coming from? Is the source that one post on a disreputable website? If so, then it's not trustworthy.
    My experience with the internet is that one person make a statement (true or false), then it gets spread all over. I've seen it in product reviews, news (Hello! Fake news...), information about old TV shows, etc, etc, ad infinitum.
    My opinion is that this is a glitch. I believe I lost at least 2 donuts last night (I don't keep that close a track on how many donuts I get from my KEMs) and I only get a handful of donuts a day - usually around 15 to 20 per game.
    As for tracking IPs: My IP is all over the place because we're on satellite internet. I go to store websites where they try to figure out the location of your nearest store and they think I'm in California, Texas, Maryland, Kansas, etc (the various downlink sites). I've even had Google insist I'm in South American and refuse to give me anything but Spanish language results for my searches.
  • I tested out the donut losses today. I started out the day with 30028 donuts, and I ground out 1000 donuts using RTDTs in batches of 100 donuts, syncing after each batch. When I tried to sync my thousandth donut I was knocked back to 799 earned today. Every donut earned after this disappears into the ether.

My experience seems to closely match @168sean168's reports.
  • it could be an attempt to simply stop hacks. 1,000 a day is still plenty :smiley: right?
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • 168sean168
    3654 posts Member
    This shows that their coding is not robust enough to distinguish the difference between players who play honestly and those that allow hackers to add free donuts for them. :pensive: