EA Forums - Banner

Who thinks some items will be available again?

I started playing just after Christmas. I was gutted I never got Barney's bowlarama or the try and save using Santa coins. I wonder if EA will make them available for purchase other than donuts...not to mention the cool buildings that were available during Halloween which have gone for good. I'm hoping so but I doubt it!

No one is really certain, but most forum users seem to feel that the game's developers will bring back some or all of the previous limited time items. We shall see.

Replies

• thewillibobs
    19 posts
    edited March 2013
    Lets hope so.... I sound cheap but I refuse to spend more than $20 on the donuts required to buy the ones I want. I thought I would get more than 3 donuts every time I get 120,000 xp or more than a parking lot which is what I got In my last mystery box. Ill never reach 250 donuts for the bowling alley at this rate....come on EA, make it a little more accessible
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Lets hope so.... I sound cheap but I refuse to spend more than $20 on the donuts required to buy the ones I want. I thought I would get more than 3 donuts every time I get 120,000 xp or more than a parking lot which is what I got In my last mystery box. Ill never reach 250 donuts for the bowling alley at this rate....come on EA, make it a little more accessible

I'm definitely not telling you spend more than you feel comfortable spending on this game. But, absent hacks and glitches, I think it's almost impossible to get the number of donuts required for the really big-ticket items like the bowling alley.
  • thewillibobs
    19 posts
    edited March 2013
    Do you know I probably would buy the donuts if I hadn't read that so many people had lost them due to crashes etc. if the game was more stable then it may have been worth it. Oh well maybe this time next year I may have collected enough random assigned donuts to get it ;)
  • Cleric42
    28 posts
    edited March 2013
    They better be for Android, kind of stupid that iOS gets a ton of stuff and we don't because the game came out a year later.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6345 posts Moderator
    edited March 2013
    The devs give people free donuts by reaching bonus levels and like always, people are never satisfied. They always want more.

Personally, I hope the "Limited Time" characters, buildings & decorations are never offered again. What's the point of them being "Limited Time" if they get re-released.

There's a big difference between Limited Time & Seasonal. Seasonal stuff gets re-released every time that season/holiday comes around. Limited Time stuff are offered once & if you miss out, then you're SOL
  • jonas_alexan
    325 posts
    edited March 2013
    The devs give people free donuts by reaching bonus levels and like always, people are never satisfied. They always want more.

Personally, I hope the "Limited Time" characters, buildings & decorations are never offered again. What's the point of them being "Limited Time" if they get re-released.

There's a big difference between Limited Time & Seasonal. Seasonal stuff gets re-released every time that season/holiday comes around. Limited Time stuff are offered once & if you miss out, then you're SOL

This. I missed Kang last Halloween but I hope they don't bring him back. He was limited time, and I didn't get him. End of story. I'm sure they'll offer Kodos this next Halloween. Ooh how cool would it be if they had the advertising slogans come to life this Halloween?? And they added a bunch of buildings with mascots into people's towns??
  • Doh_Inc
    242 posts
    edited March 2013

Finally, someone who gets it.
  • OMAHGOONESS
    108 posts
    edited March 2013
    Very sad not having Kang, he is my fav character. :(
  • thewillibobs
    19 posts
    edited March 2013
    I'm sad I missed bad dream house and house of evil shop. I'm not particularly bothered about the characters.

Oh and FYI

limited time means brought out for a limited amount of time.Cadburys cream eggs are 'limited time' but they are released every Easter for the period of Easter. It has no reference to being a 'one off'
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6345 posts Moderator
    edited March 2013
    That's why Cadbury Cream Eggs are "Seasonal" candies

"Limited Time" would be more like the World of Springfield Action Figures and Playsets when rhey released the Treehouse of Horror set that brought Devil Flanders, King Kong Homer, Bart the Fly & Vampire Burns.

That set was offered for a "Limited Time" only at Toys R Us and once they were gone, that was it. It was never offered again. Only way to get one after that was the 2nd hand market
  • thewillibobs
    19 posts
    edited March 2013
    Seasonal and limited amount of time mean exactly the same thing. Seasonal just refers to a limited amount of time around a particular time of year.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited March 2013
    Seasonal and limited amount of time mean exactly the same thing. Seasonal just refers to a limited amount of time around a particular time of year.

No. I disagree. Seasonal items were there for a certain update. Halloween, Christmas, Valentines. All of those may be released again some day. But, for things like Fat Tony, Cool Brown House, etc, those should never be re-released. It does take away from every day players. They are little rewards.
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited March 2013
    Considering the Android app has the data for items that were released before it even came out, my guess is that once a limited time item is added it stays there and is simply hidden by the developers when the limited time is up.

But I would assume that those items would be easily turned back on and made available again should they decide to release them again later as standard premium items...or if the game is around long enough for their associated events (Christmas, Valentine's Day, Halloween, etc) to come back around.
    But, for things like Fat Tony, Cool Brown House, etc, those should never be re-released. It does take away from every day players. They are little rewards.
    Your reward is getting it for free before anybody who started today. To say it shouldn't be made available later is rather selfish.
  • OMAHGOONESS
    108 posts
    edited March 2013
    Seasonal does seem to refer to a specific time of year. Limited time does not always mean a product is only offered once. Limited time often means a product is only offered for a specific time, but may return again. Like the McRibb from McDonalds. They always say "for a limited time only" and it always comes back.

I think a more definite term for products that are only offered once would be "exclusive".

My2c
  • nickconsalvo
    36 posts
    edited March 2013
    I can live without every seasonal item... But I want Mr. Plow :D
  • thewillibobs
    19 posts
    edited March 2013
    I agree with TRTX84....Im an everyday player since i found out about the game. its a little unfair that a person who discovered it a month before me gets things that i dont...and i wouldnt want players who started after me to feel that way either. very selfish indeed! also I think it's a little unfair to the people who are playing this game fairly (not on jail broken phones) and have to acquire the donuts rather than cheating. It takes time and its too long for the items that come and go very quickly.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.