EA Forums - Banner

Any DW fans ?

13Next

Replies

• I'm going to watch ya'lls favorite episodes the next chance I get.

I personally prefer the "scary" episodes. Midnight is good too.
  • johncolombo
    11579 posts Senior Moderator
    edited July 2017
    I'm going to watch ya'lls favorite episodes the next chance I get.

I personally prefer the "scary" episodes. Midnight is good too.

Midnight was great. Maybe I'll rewatch that one tonight. It's also been a long while since I watched "Blink"
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • johncolombo
    edited July 2017
    Blink was a very fun rewatch! Midnight is the same season as is the unicorn and the wasp, another ep I really like but going for Midnight as I've seen it less times.
  • johncolombo
    edited July 2017
    midnight was fun- way more yelling than I remembered. It's sucking me into Turn Left.
    Post edited by johncolombo on
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    I never watched Torchwood. I wonder if it's on Netflix, if so I will check it out. Love Captain Jack and always wanted more.
    Wish they had elaborated more on Jack and The Face of Boe storyline in Dr. Who. Semi satisfied with the tie in though.
    Jack was such a unique character. Being omnisexual and kazillion years old, relationships with both genders of alien creatures would make for some interesting storylines. I bet there are many baby Jack/alien offspring on every planet in the universe.

I used to watch Buffy and also Angel. Spike was one of my favourites. I remember those scenes John.

• johncolombo
    edited July 2017
    @nettangel Torchwood was just ok, a lot of wasted potential there. It never really found it's groove and was very similar to me like the first season of Angel which floundered a bit. I'm pretty sure it's 99 percent canon that Jack was the face of Boe. That question came up several times. Jack was an amazing character and I think now would be the time to bring him back to Doctor who with the new Time lady arriving. Even though Jack was omni sexual he always seemed to fancy human men more than women/Aliens. Love him with Masters as Captain John, and super loved when the Doctor hooked Jack up with the soldier on his goodbye tour (Tennant). Spike was amazing and I think that character and the Angel spike dynamics saved Angel from an earlier cancellation.

PS I stayed up till 6AM watching the last half of season 4 including the christmas special "The Next Doctor" Love that episode. Havn't seen it in awhile and pre Missy, so I was getting a bit of Missy and the Cybermen out of Mercy and the Cybermen. Wasn't quite the same story but I saw some similarities.
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    Many spin off shows are a let down. For me, a unique supporting character will lose what makes them special when they are on screen for too long.

I would love if they brought Captain Jack back. I'll take that to Twitter. :#

Wow John, that's some night owl viewing.
    I need to watch some of the old Dr. Who episodes again too.
    So many forgotten details.
    Looking forward to the Christmas special.

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    nettangel wrote: »
    Many spin off shows are a let down. For me, a unique supporting character will lose what makes them special when they are on screen for too long.

This is often true. But here are just a few spin-offs that (imo) worked well, even occasionally outshining their parent.

1. Fernwood 2 Night
    2. Star Trek: The Next Generation
    3. The Andy Griffith Show
    4. Frasier
    5. Angel
    6. Lou Grant
    7. The Simpsons
    8. Law & Order: SVU
    9. NCIS
    10. The Colbert Report
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    @KrustyBrand I haven't followed all of these shows listed. I have regularly watched numbers 3,5,7. On occasion, numbers 6 & 10. Indeed it can work, sometimes.

• johncolombo
    nettangel wrote: »

This is often true. But here are just a few spin-offs that (imo) worked well, even occasionally outshining their parent.

1. Fernwood 2 Night
    2. Star Trek: The Next Generation
    3. The Andy Griffith Show
    4. Frasier
    5. Angel
    6. Lou Grant
    7. The Simpsons
    8. Law & Order: SVU
    9. NCIS
    10. The Colbert Report

I was thinking about Mary Hartman Mary Hartman yesterday.
    Had forgotten all about Fernwood 2 night. Wonder if that's streaming
    Anywhere.