EA Forums - Banner

What is your least favorite thing about TSTO?

Prev134
It could be anything, missing characters, certain events, etc.
At level 65, started forums June 2017, add me if you want I'm on every day.

Replies

• Mystery boxes
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    Having to manually set tasks for certain characters because they either did not give them solo tasks or they forgot to give them one at all.

Also, collecting is boring now that I have 250+ characters.
  • rw228
    1054 posts Member
    I don't like when there is a send Springfielders that the task manager is overridden and characters can't be sent that way.
  • ITEM LIMIT
  • bluntcard
    3796 posts Member
    Drastic lack of symmetry between characters, buildings and objects.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Nothing to do after done with setting everyone on all tasks. Also tired of tapping several hundreds of completed. Jobs.
    "We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.
  • Tbh I just feel like a lot of characters have wasted potential job wise. I can think of so many other things Squeaky Voiced Teen, Abe Simpson, Maggie, Mona, etc could do to add to their current tasks.
  • Characters without complete set of solo tasks.
    Like Stamp, Leopold, Fatov, the Partson, Gummy joe, sexy pirate, Groundskeeper Seamus, etc

Solar citzen and Wind Lad 12hrs task / robo Burns and doggy Smithers 4hrs task are ok.
  • Characters with no or only one outside task.
  • Lack of usage of secondary characters. They should have mini-events. Brown House tasks-When a new task is given and no building - they go to the brown house. Tasks should be oriented to the buildings in town. I have 2 daycare centers and a task that sends the kids to daycare, but they go to the brown house, go figure. I've also noticed that when there is an event that involves buying things from a store, which store do they go to, Kwik - E - Mart. What about the other stores? Why have all these buildings if they are not going to be used. All you need is the brown house, Moe's, the Simpsons house, the Church & Kwik-E-Mart. Everyone winds up at these places the majority of the time.
  • The fact that certain boxes seemed sized for phones although many are playing just on tablets.

i.e. the Town Census. Scrolling through all the characters is annoying. Make the box bigger so I can see more characters at once. Allow me to loop backwards from the As to the Zs. Allow me to filter the characters, i.e. only show kids or animals.
  • rw228 wrote: »
    I don't like when there is a send Springfielders that the task manager is overridden and characters can't be sent that way.

This. And Norbert, if I forget to send him on his 24 hour task.

• Characters with no or only one outside task.

Exactly that, especially if it's a character you spend donuts for!
    If I spend donuts for a character, I wanna see him/her/it all the time.
  • I think the events go on too long. I'm fickle.
  • I get frustrated with buildings that are an odd number of pixels wide / long. I like things to line up evenly but when a street or pavement square is 4 pixels wide and some new building is 5 or 7 pixels across...it just.wont.line.up right. Maybe it's my OCD or something but it frustrates me to no end. Also buildings being out of scale relative to each other. I know it can't be a true scale but some things aren't even close.
  • jerry4278 wrote: »
    Lack of usage of secondary characters. They should have mini-events. Brown House tasks-When a new task is given and no building - they go to the brown house. Tasks should be oriented to the buildings in town. I have 2 daycare centers and a task that sends the kids to daycare, but they go to the brown house, go figure. I've also noticed that when there is an event that involves buying things from a store, which store do they go to, Kwik - E - Mart. What about the other stores? Why have all these buildings if they are not going to be used. All you need is the brown house, Moe's, the Simpsons house, the Church & Kwik-E-Mart. Everyone winds up at these places the majority of the time.

Well they aren't going to make it essential to go to a place that costs 100+ donuts that you unlock at like level 40 for a event. But I see what you mean.
    thebat7980 wrote: »
    I get frustrated with buildings that are an odd number of pixels wide / long. I like things to line up evenly but when a street or pavement square is 4 pixels wide and some new building is 5 or 7 pixels across...it just.wont.line.up right. Maybe it's my OCD or something but it frustrates me to no end. Also buildings being out of scale relative to each other. I know it can't be a true scale but some things aren't even close.

I totally relate to that, especially when trying to fit giant places in a pattern like Lard Lad.
  • Krusty Land. It is a shame it has been forgotten for so long! I wish it had a krustyland train or something like that!
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    My pet peeve is that rivers still can't be connected to the ocean.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • jerry4278 wrote: »
    Lack of usage of secondary characters. They should have mini-events. Brown House tasks-When a new task is given and no building - they go to the brown house. Tasks should be oriented to the buildings in town. I have 2 daycare centers and a task that sends the kids to daycare, but they go to the brown house, go figure. I've also noticed that when there is an event that involves buying things from a store, which store do they go to, Kwik - E - Mart. What about the other stores? Why have all these buildings if they are not going to be used. All you need is the brown house, Moe's, the Simpsons house, the Church & Kwik-E-Mart. Everyone winds up at these places the majority of the time.

Understand exactly what you are saying but guess the reason for using things like the Brown House, Kwik-E-Mart -E- Mart etc is so that the lower level players can also take part in the events I also suspect thatiit's the same reason for the use of the same early aquired characters, the only wayaaround this that I can see is if they were to program a choice of buildings into the task, sort of if the player owns building 'X' then use that building if they don't have building 'X' then use building 'Y' but I don't expect it to happen to be honest, as it would probably end up just adding more glitches to the event.