EA Forums - Banner

What is your least favorite thing about TSTO?

Replies

• HMGaga
    171 posts Member
    the storage, definitely the storage!!!
  • jerry4278 wrote: »
    Lack of usage of secondary characters. They should have mini-events. Brown House tasks-When a new task is given and no building - they go to the brown house. Tasks should be oriented to the buildings in town. I have 2 daycare centers and a task that sends the kids to daycare, but they go to the brown house, go figure. I've also noticed that when there is an event that involves buying things from a store, which store do they go to, Kwik - E - Mart. What about the other stores? Why have all these buildings if they are not going to be used. All you need is the brown house, Moe's, the Simpsons house, the Church & Kwik-E-Mart. Everyone winds up at these places the majority of the time.

Understand exactly what you are saying but guess the reason for using things like the Brown House, Kwik-E-Mart -E- Mart etc is so that the lower level players can also take part in the events I also suspect thatiit's the same reason for the use of the same early aquired characters, the only wayaaround this that I can see is if they were to program a choice of buildings into the task, sort of if the player owns building 'X' then use that building if they don't have building 'X' then use building 'Y' but I don't expect it to happen to be honest, as it would probably end up just adding more glitches to the event.

Aren't there a few XYZ jobs like that? I can't remember which characters/buildings. So it's doable, just they can't be bothered doing it. It's a pity though because it leaves a lot of buildings without use which actually already have the animation but no characters to activate it.

• wadebear
    3949 posts Member
    Daily Challenges that require collecting Springfield Heights materials. Speaking of which... Is there any other way to get Furniture other than send characters to the shop? I've got the same Challenge in 2 games: Collect 40 Furniture for 3 donuts. So I'd have to spend 127 Furniture so I could make 40. :s
  • wadebear wrote: »
    Daily Challenges that require collecting Springfield Heights materials. Speaking of which... Is there any other way to get Furniture other than send characters to the shop? I've got the same Challenge in 2 games: Collect 40 Furniture for 3 donuts. So I'd have to spend 127 Furniture so I could make 40. :s

At least furniture is really quick to make. If it was something else like pills I'd axe it, but furniture for donuts I always do those.

• adruralo
    3281 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    1. No search facility for the inventory.
    2. Just to click on one object to move it, ends up clicking a few other objects, yes there is a workaround but still frustrating.
    3. Having to turn the sound down because of certain squawking characters, such as Arnie.
    4. Flying objects get in the way suddenly when you tap on buildings or characters for cash and end up in the fliers landing zones.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • Characters without solo tasks, tasks with flying objects, land shortage especially in Springfield heights, large buildings, objects becoming unique and job manager not being able to send 2hr or 3 hour jobs. And npcs.
  • The fact I have 12 Lard Lad's in my inventory from the Mystery Box's years back and I can never place them without making it look like I love Lard Lad.
  • I've never been too concerned about visual tasks. Once i send everyone out I close my game and come back 4 hours later. It's not like I sit and watch my game do it's thing. I do agree with the post about some characters not having a complete set. They all should have 30 min, 1 hour, 2 hour, 4 hour, 8 hours, 16 hour and 24 hour tasks.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    From most to least annoying:

1. Item cap. I realize that addressing this problem in any substantive way is problematic, but its presence is nonetheless extremely vexing. What’s the point of having stuff if the only thing you can do with it is store it?
    2. Small amount of land available relative to the amount of content one can accumulate. See Point #1.
    3. The monorail needs additional types of track that allow for greater ability/flexibility to join pre-existing sections of track. This became an issue for many users when the monorail tunnels were introduced. Knowing EA, the problem will probably never be addressed, but it would be such an easy fix!
    4. The game inventory was designed when the variety of items that could be stored therein was relatively small. As the amount of game content has exponentially expanded, the inventory design has not kept pace. A complete overhaul is direly needed — at a minimum, a redesign needs to incorporate both the ability to more quickly search and better organize items.
    5. De facto cap on Squidport and ornate tiles. (Yes, the submersible can continue to generate tiles once the caps have been exceeded, but that process is so slow as to be practically worthless.)
    6. Limitations on where content can be placed (e.g., Krustyland). Again, at least on the surface this would appear to be an easy fix. It’s a perennial forum complaint/request — why no action?
    7. EA Help ... or rather lack thereof. The only reason this item is so far down on my list is because I’ve only had to deal with them a handful of times during my years of playing the game. Yeah, there have been exceptions, but in the typical interaction, staff treat their patients with disdain and suspicion, offering them the equivalent of sugar pills to treat brain tumors.
    8. Lack of EA transparency. Expecting this to change is pointless (as is expecting improved customer service), but, really, would it kill EA to occasionally inform users via Facebook (for example) when there is something wrong with the game or with the forums, or when they’re making some substantive change in the way the game works (and I’m talking here about changes like the recent server-side patch governing bonut acquisition)?
    9. Single push-button collection. Two years ago this wouldn’t have come up on my list of of gripes, but now there are well over 200 characters and who knows how many cash-generating buildings. It takes seemingly forever to go through a large town and collect from everyone/everything. Charge users some exorbitant number of donuts for this ability — believe me, users will pay it.
    Post edited by KrustyBrand on
  • I'm sure it was on here somewhere I just over looked it. The same thing as most people,Placing Cars! Not allowed on the street,sidewalk,but able to be in the yard!? What kind of drunk town is this.
  • Literally every single thing said here I relate to.
    At level 65, started forums June 2017, add me if you want I'm on every day.
  • Those buildings that cannot be placed on pavement for some reason.
  • empathy77
    4187 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I think my biggest pet peeve is characters that do not have solo 1 Hr, 4 Hr, 8 Hr, 12 Hr, and 24 Hr tasks. And it is really annoying when new characters, such as the sexy pirate, are released that do not have solo tasks for the standard task list. What is your deal EA?
  • At this point, it's probably the lack of land in Springfield Heights. I want to work on my town and monorail. Part of that involves moving my mansions to SH but currently SH is used for SH-specific clutter to keep the multiplier up. Also, if they're going to add more land strips, add it to the southeast instead of the northeast so SH can catch up.
  • 168sean168
    3807 posts Member
    The design of the inventory list for me. Lots of Scrolling required!
  • Oh, another thing.. Not being able to sell some unwanted items. Seriously.. How many lard lads does one need?
    At level 65, started forums June 2017, add me if you want I'm on every day.
  • My biggest current gripe is how the inventory system doesn't return you to what you were looking at (like in the old days). I just don't have the time to keep scrolling through all of my Nature items just to select a different tree than the one I just placed.
  • For me the worst thing about the game has to be the awful inventory system that we currently have, it used to be much better so I've got no idea if the current system is by design or by glitch but whichever way it is, it needs fixing.
  • rw228
    1055 posts Member
    @wadebear I think you can use the googleplex to produce chairs.
  • rw228 wrote: »
    @wadebear I think you can use the googleplex to produce chairs.

Wouldn't that cost $400,000? Seems expensive for a daily