EA Forums - Banner

How about some way of communicating with your friends.

Why not pm them? Most TSTO users find their friends through these boards, so there's a good chance they'd see it if they log in regularly.

Replies

• dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited March 2013
    You can send messages through the desktop Origin client.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    don864 wrote:
    E.A. or Origin,
    How about some way of communicating with your friends. You could add a Blog tab to the Origin News or Friends button.

If you're talking about doing this from within the game, absolutely not!
  • stevieort
    615 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Not too interested in posting messages to neighbors through the game itself, but I did enjoy seeing who visited my Springfield and "sent" me Valentines.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Leave a message in your town. :D
  • animalia6957
    197 posts
    edited March 2013
    think it would be nice to have slightly more interaction with friends, not sure how they would implement this but a nice idea. we can always send private messages on here :wink:
  • Mull1966
    315 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I think the best way would be to create a Facebook or Google + page for you and all your friends. As long as you all have an account.
  • don864
    4 posts
    edited March 2013
    I think it would be better from within the game on the Origin buttons. They just need to add another tab in the friends or news buttons. That"s just me, I like options. They could attach different sound clips you could leave for your friends when you visit their Springfield. At the very least restore the identifier showing who visited your Springfield.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    don864 wrote:
    I think it would be better from within the game on the Origin buttons. They just need to add another tab in the friends or news buttons. That"s just me, I like options. They could attach different sound clips you could leave for your friends when you visit their Springfield. At the very least restore the identifier showing who visited your Springfield.

My worry here is two-fold. First, depending on how fancy or elaborate you want the communications to be, it could well have a negative impact on the game servers. Second, I view any changes involving Origin with suspicion; these guys apparently don't even have the skill to properly program an informative error message pop-up.
  • tbuddy442
    173 posts
    edited March 2013
    don864 wrote:

My worry here is two-fold. First, depending on how fancy or elaborate you want the communications to be, it could well have a negative impact on the game servers. Second, I view any changes involving Origin with suspicion; these guys apparently don't even have the skill to properly program an informative error message pop-up.

They did really great with the sim city launch. What could go wrong?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.